Thread: cant make forts?

Default cant make forts?

hello. i was able to get an army nearby subrosia and i was hoping to use forts so that enemies wouldnt be able to enter, but found that i could only make watchtowers. does making a fort require a special building? or is there somthing else im missing?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: cant make forts?

I've generally found in allot of mtw 2 mods that if the ability to build forts is not present, then the ability to build them are most likely disabled in game. As such, in answer to your question, no there is most probably no special building required to build them and no you're probably not missing something. This being said, I'm not one of the developers, nor have I played this mod before so I would suggest on waiting on the opinions of others before mine.
    Cheers,
    isa0005.

How odd. Previous versions allowed either, but as you say, they're gone now.

do you think they were disabled by accident? or is this supposed to be like this? i need forts in order to have any hope of holding subrosia as darknut but i dont want to lose my save turning them on :/

does anyone know a way to turn on forts without making the save useless?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

I'm not entirely certain what the requirements are, but even in the base game you can't build forts anywhere you feel like. I think the location needs to be near trees for you to have a fort available, which is probably why you can't build it in the desert near subrosia. I know fortresses are build-able though, as I built a few in my hyrule campaign while fighting the gohma.

that doest make sense, in the previous patch i was able to make a fort right outside subrosia to stop incoming labrinna troops. whats changed?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

To the best of my knowledge, the developers are considering using forts as 'mini-dungeons' that dot hyrule and can be plundered for strategic defenses and potentially loot. This hasn't been implemented just yet but doing this would require losing the ability to make them. Another mod for medieval 2 uses this exact system, Third Age TW I believe. Dunno why they're disabled currently, probably just to get people used to it I suppose.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Varahkas View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, the developers are considering using forts as 'mini-dungeons' that dot hyrule and can be plundered for strategic defenses and potentially loot. This hasn't been implemented just yet but doing this would require losing the ability to make them. Another mod for medieval 2 uses this exact system, Third Age TW I believe. Dunno why they're disabled currently, probably just to get people used to it I suppose.
    Yes the dungeon idea is a thing, but wont be implemented for some time, and they should be buildable in the last update.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

you mean the current update? because i can confirm that i cant make them, neither nearby the entry point from gohma lands into darknut lands nor at the entry points into subrosia from horon and to the south towards the deku
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Quote Originally Posted by probmfixn View Post
    you mean the current update? because i can confirm that i cant make them, neither nearby the entry point from gohma lands into darknut lands nor at the entry points into subrosia from horon and to the south towards the deku
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5pid7t0ch...gn_db.xml?dl=0
    Hopefully this will fix it for you. Please add this file to your medieval2/mods/hyrule/data folder, overwrite if prompted.
    Additionally, if you're still experiencing crazy upkeep costs for Hero units, try this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/929y6n47jd..._unit.txt?dl=0

woot thank you and dont worry about the upkeeps i got them fixed and avoided making them free as well (it seems to make things 18x more expensice so i made their prices between 9-11 so i pay between 162-198 which i think is fair), so does this overwrite make my save unusable?
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

I'm not sure if it will make your save unplayable but its probably safe to assume, the campaign_descr_db is a major file, to simplify things, think of it as the brain of the freeform campaign, so edits to it probably warrant starting a new game.

and I'm glad I could be of help

dang, oh well. anywho im glad i didnt just outright copy and overwrite the file and instead looked inside. i think you have the patreon release because im using 4.6 and it has witches set to 0 while your file hase them set to 1. like you said this is the 'brain' of the campaign so changing that many things might not be the best idea
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Nah mine is a dev version :p
    I'd recommend starting a new game.

I'm using that descr_campaign_db provided. It's...kinda nutty. The Oocca are declaring wars left, right, and centre, and the Goddess-lovers go right along. Even truces last only a turn; they flip back to war immediately.

Ikana avoided being Cleansed only by having some unit too tough for a Hylian Stack to deal with(I didn't take much note, though I kept meaning to check). I'm playing as the Darknut, and the Oocca have just declared on me-which means all the Goddess-lovers have too.

After doing them a favour and mostly killing the Stalfos. Hopefully I can get some ceasefires or something.

It's turn 40 now. I wish I had assassins to kill the Twili and Gohma Priests. Instead I'm counter-preaching with my own priests. Finally gonna take back Aslosus; it used to be Stalfos, then I took it, then it revolted. A full stack of Gerudo Pirates is in there. Keatons and their Hideouts are basically everywhere in our lands, and the Zuna have joined up. Economy is puttering along; many places don't have Holiseroses for free-upkeep Hoplites, but that's slowly changing. God knows whether I'll manage to actually do the Short Campaign objectives.

Darknut candidates for adoption are universally terrible; they're showing up with no stats, aside from 1 loyalty from Generally Loyal.

Priests are earning traits for killing the few Heretics that show up.
    Last edited by Bloodly; July 21, 2017 at 11:27 PM.