Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [OLD] Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS (Public Release will be only at the end of the full gameplay)

No, don't worry the public release is very close...

Almost finished my gameplay (around turn 120 will be) and last observations to evaluate and enhance the AI factions performance on strat map, then we can go.

I'll appear again very soon, and provide you instructions for the installation + links

P.S.: and, a small notice, guys remember that a mod must be only judged by content/structure, not by name/appeal.
    In modding terms, name/appeal have zero value

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS (Public Release will be only at the end of the full gameplay)

I just played an earlier version.. 2.2 I think.. cant find a download for 2.5. This looks amazing and I am impatient lol. Cant wait to play latest version. Will HotSeat be available? I noticed it was disabled on the version I have.
    Well done, lots of quality in this one

I just finished the OST and selected the songs, time-record (but I got crazy listening 5 hours of music, gosh!) xD

so, time to implement it in-game. Then, a very last gameplay to see some aspects and I think I'll upload a video too to let you hear the new OST and the new "battle map weapons sounds", they're a lot of fun.

After that, we can go in public with the release!!

P.S:: As for now, we do not intend the game to have a hotseat session, it's too focused on rpg-mechanics, would be weird to play it in hotseats, it's more for single-player experiences. (I don't know, maybe later on will be the hotseat).

I find simply stripping away many scripts and heavy RPG elements is a quick way to get a hotseat functioning well since most of the Role Playing elements are done by the players themselves and don't require much scripting for the most part. As long as units are balanced well enough for the Auto Resolve system to function well then a HotSeat campaign usually plays very well.
    Just looking at the factions on the main continent I can see some great HotSeat campaign possibilities. No better enemy factions then those controlled by other players, the AI certainly has its limits.

I look forward to the release!.. And playing a HotSeat campaign.. one way or the other
    Last edited by Macrath; July 12, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

Haha, for the hotseat we will evaluate if there is possibility...

The fact is that the campaign_script of the game is heavy (almost 2,300,000 lines), with many historic_events and the AI behavior is heavily crypted (to counteroff the AI stupidity that we know)... for this main reason the hotseat would not fit essentially... maybe making a lighter "campaign_script" would be feasible for hotseats... I'll evaluate this option

For HotSeats I generally remove any AI involvement so each faction involved in the campaign is controlled by a player. Also I am very unfamiliar with Gothic, so historical events, faction start position, scripted events to assist the AI, none of these things interest me for a HotSeat campaign much. For me it is all about all factions being controlled by players, some new factions to play, a new map to play on and units balanced with the AR system in mind.
    With this mod I plan to play a hotseat campaign with 6-8 players. The campaign would take place on the main continent and would have all AI factions as well as scripted events removed.

I understand the story elements of Gothic, the setting/time period and the current faction startpos may not fit a HotSeat but a hotseat campaign can certainly take liberties with such things and does not need to play like a single player story driven grand campaign.

I did something similar with my submod for the Elder Scrolls TW. Amazing single player campaign, but did not work well for a multi player hotseat.. at least not as well as I liked. So I tweaked some stuff, and took a few liberties with the lore and story, rebalanced units with Auto Resolve system being the main focus, removed ALL AI involvement in the campaign and balanced the player factions start pos as best as I could. It has become my favorite HotSeat campaign that myself and a bunch of friends play regularly.

I always crave more fantasy settings in Total War so this is why your mod interests me so much for a Hotseat campaign. But first I intend to read up on the story/lore of Gothic so I can fully enjoy the many... MANY hours I will pour into your mods single player campaign. Honestly I look forward to playing new Medieval 2 mods so much more then any new title CA announces Warhammer II?? nah ill take Gothic thanx

Now gimme gimme.. I wanna play!
    Last edited by Macrath; July 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

ahaha, thanks man!

Yes, I finished the OST, the biggest music pack ever as I know... Up to now with all the mods I played before, I saw a 1.1 around giga for DaC, but I did more (and got crazy in the meantime with the music ahah).

So, time to publish the last gameplay, there will be a video showing the new sounds for the weapons and the OST.
    And, then, we go...

Hey, at this point, for the hotseat if you want I leave you full space to make a campaign with "near-zero" scripts, so it's suitable for player vs. player...

As stated, the team and I see the game as a single-player experience, but free room for you to make the hotseat... as you said, yes Gothic it's exactly like TES, hard to have a hotseat, but tailored to single players... I'll talk with you for the hotseat!

Sure I would be happy to help with a HS campaign.. I would be doing it anyway most likely lol. Currently finishing up a sub mod for Ancient conquest I am working on and playing Gothic will kill the next week or so most likely, but after that I will gladly put together a little HS campaign I want to get familiar with Gothic story/lore, enough at least that the HS campaign can still be as lore friendly as possible. From what I read so far Gothic seems like a very interesting world, I can see why you would choose it for a mod, great fit.
    Last edited by Macrath; July 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

hahah, it's my childhood best game ever, I spent tons and tons of hours playing from Gothic I up to Arcania Fall of Setarrif... what memories!!

The saga deserved a conversion for the TW panorama, that's why I'm on it (and not other mods xD )

Btw, ok, we'll discuss together for the HS, I can give you all instructions you need. I'm gonna release as fast as possible

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS (Public Release is in process now. Wait for the links)

Hi again guys,
    so finally, the last gameplay prior to release in public... already started to make the 7z archive, so the new article with links will be by tomorrow.

In the meantime, final explanations quickly:

- Possibility of defeat: be aware that in the game there is one factions which always gains the upper-hand due to their scripted AI and conquests, the Northern Orcs. So, while you play, keep track of the orcs, otherwise you may lose the campaign in an unexpected moment.
    - Gotha: I thought the AI was not able to understand how to besiege such settlements in a so narrow space, but at the end they did it and with two armies!
    - "Individual Rank: notorious": this is a scripted ancillary, very special. Only the best characters in your faction may have a chance to get this one.. apart from the standard bonuses that you see in the pic, this ancillary has hidden parameters in scripts that improve everything the given character does. If with army, the army is improved, if in settlement the settlement is improved, if in navy the navy is improved. Hence, try not to lose these "special characters"
    - Some pics about the "rune master": apart from the alchemy skills, the other list of ingredients triggered by the learning of the hero is the one of the runes (whereas smithing and hunting skills do not have "ingredients"). Pretty simple, check the recipes to understand the spells which the hero can create once he has the raw materials for them (same logic as the "alchemy workshops")
    - An example of ancillary manufactured by the hero: essentially, he works for you but also for the AI. So, when he creates an object for your faction, that item will be triggered to the AI factions as well (the chance of acquisition are randomized)
    - A pic and a video of my last gameplay battle at turn 118: in the short video you can hear a piece of the new Enderal OST and as well an example of the "Weapons/Cry sounds" always concessed by the guys of Enderal!

This is it!

I'll open a new mod thread with the download links as soon as possible...

Stay tuned...

N.B: For the video, please check the forum page of ModDB, here on TWC it's hard to upload videos...
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...-gameplay-onar
    Last edited by rafmc1989; July 14, 2017 at 02:04 AM.

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS

Looks great

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM 2.6 - MY PERSONAL GAMEPLAY + GAME TUTORIAL + PICS/DESCRIPTIONS

Ah thanks man for uploading, yes on TWC I'm a noob, I prefer ModDB! xD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12