Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam 2017 summer sales begin!!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Steam 2017 summer sales begin!!

Yes, this year's Steam summer sales has begun!! The period is from June 22th to July 5th, so if there are anything you want to grab, hurry up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Steam 2017 summer sales begin!!

I'm still in doubt about getting heroes of might and magic 7. It's only 16 euro's now, seems most bugs are fixed but I am assuming its a case by case basis now where some experience the blunt of it and others not much if any at all.
    It does seem to look great and has pretty much the ideal combination of factions to me, all the favorites are there.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

No good deal on Shadow Tactics, no deal on Endless Space 2, 15% on northgaard...

yeah wnt be buying much

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    No good deal on Shadow Tactics, no deal on Endless Space 2, 15% on northgaard...

yeah wnt be buying much
    I can't even get Endless Space 2 to work. It has been broken completely for months. Update after update, drivers up to date, and then updated. Nothing fixes it. Even attempted DEV feedback, and even they said "strange". It worked in EA a long time ago so I already used up my refund time. That game has left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't recommend it at all, because of this experience. Wasted money on a broken product.

With all the specials through out the year and not just from Steam it's abit meh overall

I really want the East African portraits for CK2 of which I have to get the Reapers Due Content pack which is meh for the most part at 50% for me but quite reasonable bundled with Reapers Due.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    With all the specials through out the year and not just from Steam it's abit meh overall

I really want the East African portraits for CK2 of which I have to get the Reapers Due Content pack which is meh for the most part at 50% for me but quite reasonable bundled with Reapers Due.
    I fell for many Paradox Grand Strategy products with buying nearly all DLCs, for a long time, incl. CK2 up to date. But i'm done with their games for now (rather stopped to play them a few months ago), because somehow i find them not appealing anymore, and the DLC money-sink did the rest to distance myself. Well, i guess i'll buy still Stellaris incl. DLCs, due to fe. curiousity how i find that game, in a future super Sale (ie. at least 75 % off).

Well, as for current Steam Summer Sale, i have that much untouched games in my Steam library, from past sales.

However, I bought yesterday 'This War Of Mine' incl. its two DLCs, for a very few bucks.

Along description and comments, a very unique anti-war theme.
    And the makers, along a comment, donate/d the game-income to war-victims.

I think, the gameworld needs more products of that direction, such which have just a proper political message.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 23, 2017 at 04:34 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

@Davinci For Eu4 and CK2 I don't intend to be upto date with all dlc. My attitude is you don't buy everything just what you personally need to. Infact i've never bought anything at full price either that's why promotions are a godsend. Still I'm guilty to hoarding a library with unplayed games

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    @Davinci For Eu4 and CK2 I don't intend to be upto date with all dlc. My attitude is you don't buy everything just what you personally need to. Infact i've never bought anything at full price either that's why promotions are a godsend. Still I'm guilty to hoarding a library with unplayed games
    Guess, that's the case for many game players, me too. Latest with its Sale actions, players horde titles.
    It's just the Steam concept, which makes it that easy to consume.
    And anyways, Steam makers won't ever have income sorrows with their genius money-melk platform.

EDIT

Just bought 'Banished'. Will play it as ( healing ) contrast-program to my recent FPS experience (Far Cry 4).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 23, 2017 at 10:46 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Migh not be the best choice. Banished has very little content when you have figured out how to survive your first winter and runs like once you hit a certain size

Anyone got a good suggestion for a city/country management style of game? The features of Urban Empire look interesting, but apparently it has been abandoned. Looking for a combination of Anno with Democracy 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I fell for many Paradox Grand Strategy products with buying nearly all DLCs, for a long time, incl. CK2 up to date. But i'm done with their games for now (rather stopped to play them a few months ago), because somehow i find them not appealing anymore, and the DLC money-sink did the rest to distance myself. Well, i guess i'll buy still Stellaris incl. DLCs, due to fe. curiousity how i find that game, in a future super Sale (ie. at least 75 % off).
    You're not the only one. Pararob has pissed off even their most loyal fans with their recent price increase in developing countries (100% in some cases, involved even their stone-old titles like HOI II or EU II). Now 2 days ago they took it back for now, after their games were review bombed in the steam store GTA V style and a riot in their forums.
    This was the famous step to far, tensions had been boiling long enough. Their dlc got more expensive while the content offers less and less, 20€ for half-finished expansions (+ 5€ more for "content packs") accompanied by "free"patches that break the game more and more have become the norm now rather than the exception.

Some have been saying for a while that Paradox has been changing for the worse, and they were right, but the most recent development has left me speachless.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; June 24, 2017 at 03:28 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    ? I only buy DLCs in annual base, don't know why people want to grab new DLC asap.

Paradox's past development regarding EUIII already foreshadow this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I agree with paradox DLC policy getting crazy, EUIV bundle, at 60% off, comes up as ~$120 for me. Yikes.

I'm eyeing Cities Skylines though, footage makes it look fun and DLC doesn't look all that vital. So far I've gotten fall of the samurai and Witcher 2, the newer stuff I wanted is like 20% off...
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have got something like 6+ games during steam summersales. I must say, that when I bought Motorsport Manager and played it for while. I came more addict to it. Really good game if you love manager / sport games.

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I agree with paradox DLC policy getting crazy, EUIV bundle, at 60% off, comes up as ~$120 for me. Yikes.

I'm eyeing Cities Skylines though, footage makes it look fun and DLC doesn't look all that vital. So far I've gotten fall of the samurai and Witcher 2, the newer stuff I wanted is like 20% off...
    Cities skylines is excellent if you want a pure city designer, but as a game it falls short by a long mile. There is basicly no challenge, and it becomes very repetitive after 2hours in: make streets and colour zones, rinse and repeat. You need a fair amount of mods to get the full potential, and the dlc's are really terrible. The main addition of snowfall is that it turns you screen in a grey mush, and with after dark you can't see what you are doing half of the time. Natural disasters is also pointless

Maybe I go for northgaard or shadow tactics after all

Shadow Tactics is excellent nostalgia for Commands/Desperados fans. I love these games in theory, sadly I' was always too nervous and clumsy to suceed at them

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I got Hitman complete for $23

Considering Wofenstein or Doom for a shooter, any thoughts?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I got tabletop simulator for 10 euros. Will take a little time to get used to the controls, I think the largest challenge will be to find people online to play with who won't abuse the freedom this simulator gives since it actually allows for cheating, tossing stuff off the board or flipping the table even.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Migh not be the best choice. Banished has very little content when you have figured out how to survive your first winter and runs like once you hit a certain size

Anyone got a good suggestion for a city/country management style of game? The features of Urban Empire look interesting, but apparently it has been abandoned. Looking for a combination of Anno with Democracy 3.
    Hm, i find Banished a wonderful village-builder simulation game. And it has a slight realism approach (unlike to many other such games), thus appealing me a lot.

For me a super alternative to everything i played the recent times (TW Attila, RPGs, CK2, FPSs, M&B VC), because it is sooo different and imo. also very relaxative in comparison - short in the game, i already pretty fast became a quasi fan of this kinda old style city-builder - and while it has its own taste and style, i of course was revoked to what i played many many years ago (Settlers, old Anno's, etc. etc., which are but pretty stressful, at least in comparison to Banished).
    Certainly, the quite short content might make this game boring from on a certain time, but that i have with many games. And there is a overhaul mod iirc. "Colonial Charter Journey" (available, but still in development), which expands the content a lot (might be a future option for me, when this mod is finished and Banished vanilla became too boring ... but i believe, then M&B Bannerlord will be out ).

I'm also interested in 'Life is Feudal: Village sth.', still in development, early access (partially bad Steam comments, so i'll probably will wait until it's finished), and also looking for the upcoming Guild 3.

Edit

Btw., did somebody play 'This War Of Mine' ? "Nice" depressing, or?

Edit2

Did somebody play 'Expeditions Viking' ? (i've put that on my Wishlist, so i don't forget the title, as it looks good and has pretty good player comments).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 26, 2017 at 01:49 PM.

What to buy of the Attila and Rome expansions and DLCs?

bought vermintide and the seven years war game. WIll try for tabletop simulator too, but dont know if i'll manage to get it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast