Thread: What governance building to build after conquest

Default What governance building to build after conquest

Hello, ive tried out quite a few factions in your mod and regularly find myself confused about what building to build after conquering a settlement. In general it seems like most have a choice of direct control or autonomy, which is better in which situations. Is there a rule of thumb for these things? And is there a guide somewhere as to which buildings come after, like a building tree of sorts? Thanks

Arythmia

Default Re: What governance building to build after conquest

Which faction, where are you expanding? It varies a lot.

There's an entire thread with detailed diagrams here.

It seemed to me like the buildings had similar boni. But lets choose Epirus, since thats who im currently playing. Expanding in southern Italy, Illyria, and Greece.

I mean, for the factions in general is there a common thread like: occupation for the rich heartland, with similar culture thats easy to control and autonomy for the outer regions?

Quote Originally Posted by arythm1a View Post
    It seemed to me like the buildings had similar boni. But lets choose Epirus, since thats who im currently playing. Expanding in southern Italy, Illyria, and Greece.
    I mean, for the factions in general is there a common thread like: occupation for the rich heartland, with similar culture thats easy to control and autonomy for the outer regions?
    Those are all core regions for Epeiros, meaning you can use both factional and Allied Governments. Places which are already well Hellenised aren't worth putting an Allied Government in, unless you want immediate access to their local units in large numbers. If it already has a polis present, you should be looking at the factional chain. In Greece, you'll get order penalties for any non-Allied Government (due to Autonomia and Stasis), though you won't necessarily need the extra units they'd grant, since they all have a polis present.

Autonomia and Stasis aren't part of the government buildings, they're penalties present in most of Greece and Ionia for Hellenistic factions using non-Allied Governments. In 2.3 there's a unique building for each that explains what's going on, but it's on the province building in these test versions. It never goes away, so be careful where you put factional governments.

There's no common thread; different factions have different spheres of influence and indeed completely different government structures in many instances. Obviously culture is a consideration, but recruitment options and whether you intend to colonise them is another. You can't build colonies in Allied Governments. They're where you get your best units from, for a Hellenistic faction like Epeiros, your governments are only ever going to give you local levies.

All right, thanks for the advice- it seems like most conquered territory should be integrated, no? Also, if i conquer a settlement that has foreign settlers (in this case Alalia with carthaginian settlers), should i raze that building?

All right, thanks for the advice- it seems like most conquered territory should be integrated, no? Also, if i conquer a settlement that has foreign settlers (in this case Alalia with carthaginian settlers), should i raze that building?
    If it offers no recruitment, then yes.

Okay, thanks! There is so many few things and so much to learn im slightly overwhelmed, looking forward to the explanations coming in 2.3. May i also very quickly ask what factions are going to have work done in 2.3, as then ill save those for that time?