Thread: Every time I try to start Divide Et Impera in Rome II, the game crashes

Icon5 Every time I try to start Divide Et Impera in Rome II, the game crashes

As said in the title, every time I launch Rome II with the 8 Divide et Impera parts from Dresden (Steam Workshop), the game shall launch, but when I try to start a custom battle, a campaign, the prologue or anything else for that matter, the game crashes.

This doesn't happen with Vanilla Rome II.

I have validated the game cache, it is up to date. I have played DeI before, in 1.1, and even shortly in 1.2. Then I stopped playing for a little while (Witcher 3 <3) and when I returned, I returned to a game that doesn't wanna launch.

What do I have to do? Could this be prevented with downloading DeI (and some submods) from here, at TWCenter?

Thanks in advance!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Every time I try to start Divide Et Impera in Rome II, the game crashes

Using any other mods? Double check your data folder to see if any older mod files aren't hanging around. Most of the time crashes are from a mod conflict.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Every time I try to start Divide Et Impera in Rome II, the game crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Telsion View Post
    As said in the title, every time I launch Rome II with the 8 Divide et Impera parts from Dresden (Steam Workshop), the game shall launch, but when I try to start a custom battle, a campaign, the prologue or anything else for that matter, the game crashes.

This doesn't happen with Vanilla Rome II.

I have validated the game cache, it is up to date. I have played DeI before, in 1.1, and even shortly in 1.2. Then I stopped playing for a little while (Witcher 3 <3) and when I returned, I returned to a game that doesn't wanna launch.

What do I have to do? Could this be prevented with downloading DeI (and some submods) from here, at TWCenter?

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the Forums mate.
    And as always...Come to the Tech Support we have cookies !!!

I doubted it, since I had a fresh install, and I don't see any mods I shouldn't have. Activating and deactivating them in the launcher should disable them right?

Do you think I should deinstall the Steam Workshop mods and install the ones from here on TWCenter?

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Welcome to the Forums mate.
    And as always...Come to the Tech Support we have cookies !!!
    Thanks! Took a look around, just on the quick side right now, do you think installing the TWCenter versions of the mods and submods themselves could fix the issue?

Thanks! Took a look around, just on the quick side right now, do you think installing the TWCenter versions of the mods and submods themselves could fix the issue?
    Ιt's possible. We could try a few tricks and quick fixes if the problem persists.

Ιt's possible. We could try a few tricks and quick fixes if the problem persists.
    Thanks! Shall start downloading now then

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! It has worked! Now to install *some* submods

Sparta, here we come!

Sidequestion: is the WoS campaign worth it purchasing?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! It has worked! Now to install *some* submods

Sparta, here we come!

Sidequestion: is the WoS campaign worth it purchasing?
    I'm glad it worked for you.
    Now about WoS, it depends on your preferences. I never play anything more than Grand Campaign.

Also in DeI the WoS campaign has been replaced with a custom Macedonian Wars campaign so take that into account if you are considering purchasing since we don't have the original campaign.

I usually recommend the DLCs that unlock factions you may be interested in, though.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

Should Athenian AOR hoplites have better stats than standard ones? With these statistics it makes no sense to be recruited

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

wrong section,sorry