Thread: This is... Total War

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default This is... Total War

This is... Total War
    A Punch In The Face To All History Buffs

IntroductionWARNING: This mod requires 39gb of space on your hard drive

With that initial warning out of the way, welcome to my WIP mod which is a punch in the face to all history buffs due to its complete and utter disregard of anything approaching historical accuracy.
    This mod is custom-battle only (a campaign is incredibly unlikely). The premise of the mod is that I've always liked the mods included, and was always disappointed that they all used different balancing systems and thus weren't compatible with each other. I'm going to solve this by combining the mods with my own balancing system. Included will be a fairly large variety of unit mods covering Lord of the Rings, Antiquity, the Dark Ages and the Medieval Ages.

At the moment, this mod features approximately 470 different units (so far) split across 23 factions from lots of different mods. All of the units have been balanced to work with each other using a 5HP system that I made, with the help of the Ancient Empires team and other modders.

If you'd like to keep up to date on the mod, then check out the Trello board.

The Factions & CreditsGondor
    Confederation of Non-Humans
    House Stark
    House Lannister

China
    India
    Parthia
    Lusitani
    Caledones
    Sparta
    Roman Empire
    Ptolemaic Kingdom
    Kingdom of Kush
    Sassanid Empire
    Vikings

The Kingdom of England
    The Kingdom of France
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem
    The Empire of Nicaea
    The Grand Knyzate of Kiev
    The Seljuk Sultanate of Rum
    The Ayyubid Caliphate
    The Ilkhanate Horde

Credit
    ALL of the credit for everything in the mod goes to these modders. I only combined their work.
    - Medieval Kingdoms Total War
    - Ancient Empires
    - Divide et Impera
    - Rise of Mordor
    - Seven Kingdoms
    - A Mod of Spring and Autumn
    - TWMC's Official 300 Reskin V2.0
    - LOTR Galadhrim Elves
    - Wolfmen
    - Pikes ready in your hands
    - Olympian Battle Camera
    - WHIT3 BROTH3R's Purple/Gold UI
    - cedric37 for the main menu wallpaper

How to Install the Mod
    Step 1: Make sure you have 39gb of space on your harddrive. This mod is VERY BIG!

Step 2: Subscribe to This Is... Total War and This Is... Total War [Models] and the other 7 mods that are listed here.

Step 3: You ALSO need to download Seven Kingdom's latest 7K_Models_and_Textures.pack which can be downloaded from ModDB. Once you have downloaded it, move the mod to your Total War Attila install folder, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data
    This will let you play as the Starks, Lannisters, and a few miscellaneous units in the Non-Humans faction.

Step 4: Toggle all 10 mods on, as shown in this image. Make sure This Is... Total War is at the top, but the load order does not matter otherwise. Make sure no other mods are turned on.

Step 5: Launch the game, and enjoy the mod.

Known Bugs & What's Next?
    Known Bugs
    - Some units may have missing models. This may be due to bugs, missing models or incorrect variantmeshdefinitions.
    - Some units might not have any weapons, or have the wrong weapons. This is primarily due to units having the wrong animations, but may also be due to the issues outlined above.

There should not be any bugs which cause the game to crash however.

What's Next?
    - Import battle UI from each mod so each faction has a different UI if possible
    - Every unit needs to have the right animations assigned
    - The models for every unit needs to be double checked to make sure there aren't any invisible body parts
    - Imposter models need to be made so that units are not invisible when viewed at a distance
    - Custom animations need to be ported from various mods, and assigned to units
    - Custom officers need to be ported from various mods
    - Unique units such as handgunners, and artillery need to be ported from various mods and balanced
    - 2 to 3 generals need to be made for every faction
    - Unique special abilities might need to be made for each general
    - Unit cards need to be made for every unit
    - The Confederation of Non-Humans needs a better faction flag

How You Can HelpIf you'd like to help, check out the Trello board to see what I've already done. I could do with some help with the following...

Faction traits for each of the factions.
    2D UI art, specifically unit cards and faction icons. An entire UI overhaul could be worked on at a later date.
    Unique/cool names for the factions, similar to how THERA: Legacy of the Great Torment made up names.
    Unique/cool names for the units. The units can be found on the Trello board.
    Fill out the rosters so that each faction has at least 20 units (I'm looking for variety over sheer quantity however)
    Some kind of plot/concept to give a bit of legitimacy to all the factions existing in the same world

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; October 04, 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: This is... Total War

Screenshots
    Screenshots

Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; October 04, 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Good luck with this!

Progress Report 30/12/2017I've finally finished the planning stage and I will begin actually getting all of the units in-game.

At the moment the current plans are for 401 units, split across 22 factions as detailed below.
    The First Release
    The first release will feature 10 Factions, and 193 units.

Gondor (16 units)
    The Confederation of Non-Humans (13 units)
    China (17 units)
    India (22 units)
    Parthia (23 units)
    Sparta (13 units)
    The Holy Roman Empire (23 units)
    The Ayyubid Caliphate (15 units)
    England (17 units)
    France (28 units)

The Second Release
    The second release will feature 8 Factions, and 139 units.

Vikings (13 units)
    Sassanids (15 units)
    The Roman Empire (19 units)
    The Ptolemaic Kingdom (17 units)
    The Kingdom of Kush (15 units)
    The Teutonic Order (20 units)
    Kievan Rus (23 units)
    The Ilkhanate Horde (15 units)

The Third Release
    The third release will feature 4 Factions, and 69 units. I will probably work on unique generals for each faction at this stage as well.

Caledones (21 units)
    Lusitani (18 units)
    The Sea People (14 units)
    The Kingdom of Georgia (16 units)

Future Plans
    After the first three releases, I'll either work on more factions and units or I will create some "historical" battles. I might also create a wiki for the mod.

Progress Report 5/1/2018
    Here's the next progress report.

• I've done about half of the database work for the Ayyubids, China, England, France, Gondor, Holy Roman Empire, India, Non-Humans, Parthia and Sparta.

• I've gotten permission from Stealth4Health to use his werewolf model. I've made two Work in Progress units as seen below.

• I've ported Total War: Rome 2's dog animations and skeletons to Attila, plus dog models from both Rome 2 and Total War: Arena. This means we can have "Savage Wolves", War Pigs, Celtic Warhounds, War Dogs and African Dogs. I don't know whether the war pigs will be flammable.

• I've combined all of the models I'm going to be using into one pack. The file size? 17.5gb
      Since this is absolutely massive I'm decided to change the release order of the factions.
      • The first release will consist of Gondor, Non-Humans, China, Sparta, Vikings, Sassanids, Sea People, Rome, India, Parthia, Caledones and Lusitani.
      • The second release will consist of Kush, Egypt, Holy Roman Empire, Ayyubid Caliphate, England, France, Teutonic Order, Kievan Rus, Ilkhanate Horde and Georgia.
      That way I can get out all the units with minimum of fuss on my end.

Screenshots
    Werewolves

Armoured Werewolves

Animals - Savage Wolves

Animals - Boars

Animals - Celtic Warhounds

Animals - War Dogs & African Dogs (vanilla)

that's sound fantastic, i want to play it

Progress Report 22/9/2019
    Here's the next progress report.

Guys its only been 2 years and 3 months since I started this mod, and 18 months since the last update. The mod wasn't dead, I swear...

• I've done the bare minimum to get every unit in-game. That sounds like nothing, but at the moment there are 470 units, from 10 different mods, split across 24 factions.

• The following factions will be in-game:
      • Gondor
      • Confederation of Non-Humans
      • House Stark
      • House Lannister
      • China
      • India
      • Roman Empire
      • Sparta
      • Ptolemaic Kingdom
      • Parthia
      • Caledones
      • Kush
      • Lusitani
      • Sassanid Empire
      • Sea People
      • Vikings
      • The Ayyubid Caliphate
      • The Empire of Nicaea
      • The Grand Knyzate of Kiev
      • The Ilkhanate Horde
      • The Kingdom of England
      • The Kingdom of France
      • The Kingdom of Jerusalem
      • The Seljuk Sultanate of Rum

• So now I have to do the balancing for all of the units. I'll probably do the first 12 factions, release the mod, then do the next 12.

• I also have to make sure all of the units are using the correct animations, and import custom animations from the various mods

• I have to add in all the unique units like handgunners, naffatun grenadiers, generals, officers, ect.
    • There won't be a campaign for the mod because I don't know how mod the campaign, but I do know it is an insane amount of work and THAT

• And finally, may one thousand curses be laid upon the Medieval Kingdoms mod team for their atrocious file management...

Screenshots
    Menus

Gameplay

How You Can HelpIf you'd like to help, check out the Trello board to see what I've already done. I could do with some help with the following...

Faction traits for each of the factions.
    2D UI art, specifically unit cards and faction icons. An entire UI overhaul could be worked on at a later date.
    Unique/cool names for the factions, similar to how THERA: Legacy of the Great Torment made up names.
    Unique/cool names for the units. The units can be found on the Trello board.
    Some kind of plot/concept to give a bit of legitimacy to all the factions existing in the same world

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 22, 2019 at 01:38 AM.

The first version of the mod is released!

Step 1: Make sure you have 39gb of space on your harddrive. This mod is VERY BIG!

Step 2: Subscribe to This Is... Total War and This Is... Total War [Models] and the other 7 mods that are listed here.

Step 3: You ALSO need to download Seven Kingdom's latest 7K_Models_and_Textures.pack which can be downloaded from ModDB. Once you have downloaded it, move the mod to your Total War Attila install folder, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data
    This will let you play as the Starks, Lannisters, and a few miscellaneous units in the Non-Humans faction.

Step 4: Toggle all 10 mods on, as shown in this image. Make sure This Is... Total War is at the top, but the load order does not matter otherwise. Make sure no other mods are turned on.

Step 5: Launch the game, and enjoy the mod.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the release, I have high hopes that this will be a worthy successor to PlanetWar
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Pikes are proving a pain in the arse to balance. If anyone has PFM, open the mod and change the following things then report back on whether its fixed it, or completely changed all the units function:

melee weapons table
    rom_pike damage from 1 to 3

_kv_rules_tables
    impact_reflection_attack_cooldown_timer to 10
    impact_reflection_final_damage_modifier to 0.055
    impact_reflection_knockback_chance to 75
    impact_reflection_velocity_bonus_damage_modifier to 0

Charging a pike unit head-on seems to disproportionately affect heavier units, because a % of their mass is reflected back at them. These changes will probably also make half-pike units useless.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

HOLY CRAP!!!!

It was about time I could bring Mongols and Byzantines to fight a united Orc-Parthian army. Just because.

Are there any Hirosiphones (Greek fire troops) in Nicea's roaster? So that they can Roast me some orcs?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

It was about time I could bring Mongols and Byzantines to fight a united Orc-Parthian army. Just because.

Are there any Hirosiphones (Greek fire troops) in Nicea's roaster? So that they can Roast me some orcs?
    There will be Greek fire troops once I have time to add in all the unique units like generals, handgunners, elephants, slingers, ect.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

epic for fun, good job guys.

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Blog Entries

How's the progress on this going along?
    and Peaman

I've gone cold turkey on playing games and modding again, so its dead =P

Blog Entries

I getcha
    and Peaman