Thread: No, races are not equal

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default No, races are not equal

Yeah i know that this opinion is controvertial but i do believe that races have different characteristics therefore are not equal. Here is an example: If you study a country like America you will see that less than 15% are African Americans. Despite that fact is that traditionally around 85% of NBA players are black. Isnt that proof that black race has more athletic skills compared to white race? Can we assume that other differences exist?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: No, races are not equal

I think "race" is not particularly useful when looking at humans. It is an outdated concept. However, it is true that different geographic populations do have different physical characteristics. For instance, long distance runners are often of East African or Kenyan descent as their bodies are perfect for this kind of running.

Small differences like that exist but there is only one human race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I think "race" is not particularly useful when looking at humans. It is an outdated concept. However, it is true that different geographic populations do have different physical characteristics. For instance, long distance runners are often of East African or Kenyan descent as their bodies are perfect for this kind of running.

Small differences like that exist but there is only one human race.
    IMO that's not even the problem here. Only fools would deny the overall physical differences. However, the OP hasn't given us a definition of the term "race" as he understands it, nor evidence for his assertions.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Define "race".
    Seconded
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

​The OP offers an insufficient basis for a discussion. Thread closed.