Thread: graphic error when changing battle model via script

Default graphic error when changing battle model via script

I got a graphic error when I activate a battle model for my faction leader via campaign script (see attached screenshot) using the following code:

;========== HOLY ROMAN LEADER BATTLE MODELS ==============

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType hre

change_battle_model hre leader norman_king

end_monitor
    The odd thing is, that i don't get any error if I assign the battle model via descr_character.txt (see attached screenshot) (which is not an option as I don't want my generals to have the same battle_model as my faction leader)

Any Ideas?

edit: The graphic error even seems to occur with ordinary battle models (see attached screenshot)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ErrorPicture3.jpg   ErrorPicture2.jpg   ErrorPicture1.jpg   NoError.jpg   ErrorOrdinaryModel.jpg  

Last edited by Danny087; June 10, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: graphic error when changing battle model via script

The models look the same but it seems that the bone weighting of their vertices is not identical.
    Apparently the appropriate model is assigned through the "ordinary battle models" method.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I don't know what the model problem is but that script is firing way more often than it needs to be. I doubt it's the cause of your problem but anyway...

If your faction has say 30 characters (generals, admirals, captains, spies, etc.) then every turn you're setting the leader battle model 30 times. It only needs to be done once every time you get a new leader and once at campaign start for your starting leader.

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart
      ;for starting hre leader
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType hre
    end_monitor
    That first monitor could instead just be this directly in the script, not inside any monitor:

Code:
    ;for starting hre leader

Hey Withwnar, thanks for your advice. Thought about using the BecomesFactionLeader-condition but didn't know how to do it for the starting leader.

As for the graphics problem, it's working now. Apparently the problem was that my standard generals used a battle model with a flag in their left hands. Once the script changed the model to the one without flag, somehow it got difficulties overwriting the old bone-grid. I now use standard generals without flags and it does work.