Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: the Seljuks of Rum (and the Ottomans)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: the Seljuks of Rum (and the Ottomans)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Music is not related to an Faction and in my Opinion Soundtracks from MTW1 & MTW2 can´t be outmatched.
    MTW1 Islamic soundtracks were good; Turkish, Persian and Arabic instruments were used. MTW2 Islamic soundtracks on the other were overwhelmed by Arabic instruments. I would like to hear Turkish and Persian string instruments when I'm playing with Khwarezmians or Seljuks for example.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 22, 2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Irrelevant part removed

Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 22, 2019 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Personal reference part removed

Quote Originally Posted by Danishmend View Post
    This music can be used in the mod too (as a battle soundtrack). I have contacted the owner of this music, he allows the modders to use it.

Funnily enough, I had talked to him a few months ago and got his agreement on the use of his music before. I am not sure if it will be used however, I am not modding the music.

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    Funnily enough, I had talked to him a few months ago and got his agreement on the use of his music before. I am not sure if it will be used however, I am not modding the music.
    Ah ok, so you guys are already aware of his music. Nice to know.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Guys, I' ve just made some cleaning on this page. I remind you to stay civil and on topic. Further infringement will be sanctionned without further notice.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Can we get some Ottoman Marines which would be just the Late Tier of Haramis or just Units with Shield & Sword - they would really round up the Rooster.

Of course. All factions shall have Marines. Can't have navies without fighting marines.
    Hmmm, for the Ottomans, I would name them differently - Harami Levends sounds more of unsanctioned pirates, whereas Gonullu Levend sounds more state-sanctioned corsairs. I'm hesitant however, because I heard the term Levend for sailors only started to be used in early 16th century instead of late 15th century? Something like Azap Light Marines maybe more suitable.

Kara Leventleri would suit the Name for the Ground Forces Rooster but please don´t call them like Harami or Gönüllü - somethins like Deniz azaps/levent/levends and Denizci or Janissary Marines would be Great - like having something like light later Tier Infantry and Medicore Elites.

I see. But ground force? late tier infantry? I'm talking about regular marine unit for naval roster.

Of course ground Forces - they were ones who served on Ship and the ones for amphibious Assault - Kara = Ground | Deniz = Navy

Is there a release date of the mode?

Thanks for the Shields but how we ended again up here?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Since we all agreed on those terms:

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    After further inspection I have one problem with this.
    The Billmen Janissaries not wearing armor is quite innacurate.

In this era, Janissaries would wear armor if they were in melee combat roles.
    They were soldiers trained for up to 10 years, and were too precious to send without armor to close quarters.

Even if they were the lowest ranking of janissaries, just promoted from being acemi, they would wear mail armor to the very least. They wouldn't walk into close quarters in their light, ceremonial attires !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011