Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Rebranding of Asia Empires now called 17th Century Revolution

Default Re: A Rebranding of Asia Empires now called 17th Century Revolution

So I managed to get the log file generated by replacing the contents of the cfg with that of another mod (I used EBII) after changing references to EBII with Asia Empires. I haven't figured out what they changed, but my game crashed after it failed to find the HR_sword_signal_charge.cas file, which is weird because I found it right where it was supposed to be. I have attached both my .cfg file (as a txt) and the system log it created.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Damn, this chinese modders are sneaky!
    They make impressive mods tough

Indeed, the file is there, but why is everything separated in files, shouldn't it be all in a animations file?
    Or is this the weird way they do it for the mod to work how they want?

Hmm weird...
    I don't recall that this particular mod needed a specific separate animations set download which for whatever reason is usually unpacked into the main M2 data folder.....

Maybe the true issue isn't showing up in the log? I read in another thread that if the mod ctds without starting, the battle_models.modeldb file needs to be checked. When I open mine up, it's just a bunch of numbers, which doesn't look like the file for the older version of Asia Empires posted here nor other mods' battle_models file.

Quote Originally Posted by groden View Post
    Maybe the true issue isn't showing up in the log? I read in another thread that if the mod ctds without starting, the battle_models.modeldb file needs to be checked. When I open mine up, it's just a bunch of numbers, which doesn't look like the file for the older version of Asia Empires posted here nor other mods' battle_models file.

That's probably the reason.

I doubt we'll be able to reconstruct the battle_models.db file.

I think its at least partially hexadecimal. I put it into a translator and actual text came out. I've attached what came out, so maybe we can figure out what it's supposed to look like.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I previously held back from posting the link to the final version of the mod because I didn't want to burn a bridge with the mod team. During that time I had an account (and still do) with Wanmod where the account had "mod privileges" so when i used the launcher it would ask for my login info and verify. After verification is complete the launcher would "unlock" the mod. Now the launcher doesn't work and the mod team has given up on updates, so I don't think I'll be burning any bridges by posting this for everyone to try and crack.
    Has there been anyone that's been able to crack it yet? I've been talking to the Viet guy who supposedly makes people pay for the cracked version of it. If it works, I will update everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by groden View Post
    I think its at least partially hexadecimal. I put it into a translator and actual text came out. I've attached what came out, so maybe we can figure out what it's supposed to look like.
    Looks like it gave part of the original models.db file. But it didn't give the whole text...

Quote Originally Posted by squish320 View Post
    Has there been anyone that's been able to crack it yet? I've been talking to the Viet guy who supposedly makes people pay for the cracked version of it. If it works, I will update everyone.
    You might be venturing into something dangerous. Be careful!

Sigh, looks like the "devs" are asking for "donations" again....

https://afdian.net/@Beilai2011

Is there an English translation up to version 0.8?

the baidu link for 0.8 never works!

此链接分享内容可能因为涉及侵权、色情、反动、低俗等信息,无法访问!

I am translating this mod into English. This isn't very hard, but it will take time. But main problem is, the file of 0.8 version was corrupted when i extracted it. Of course i still could translate the text file; but if the file is corrupted, it very hard to check ingame after translate.

So, could anyone help me by send me the file of 0.8 version (again)? Thank you very much.

Greetings, I've finished a translation of v0.8 using Google translate and you can get it here. I'll upload it to moddb when I've got more time.

IN FIRST PLACE:

"Paid" and "free" version of a mod?!!

Isn't that ilegal? What does CA think about that, that someone in china is earning money with a modification of their product?

-------------

IN SECOND PLACE:

THIS IS A MESS and i don't know what's going on. I explain here what i understood so far:

This thread is about a submod for Asia Empires, if i understood correctly. This submod is called "17th Century Revolution" and is based in mod "Asia Empires v0.6". So, it looks like kindly the OP uploaded in the first post 3 links with the version 0.6 Asia Empires. I'm grateful for that.

However, in page 2 of this forum someone said there's a version 0.65a. Then, OP said he updated verson 0.6 to version 0.65a, but he didn't change the name of the version. So we don't know if he finally updated it or not.

Then we have another link to the submod "17th Century Revolution"?? But the file downloaded is named "Asia_empires_0.8".

So, what did we download? Did we download "17th Century Revolution" submod, or the old "Asia Empires" with a new version 0.8????

Furthermore, the developer said he doesn't have time for this submod "17th Century Revolution", because he's busy with a master's degree. That's perfect, but can we know if he finished it or not? is "Asia_empires_0.8" his submod "17th Century Revolution"???

And why to call it that way??! "Asia Empires v0.8" can't be understood as a submod for "Asia Empires v0.65a", it is understood as the new version for the original mod "Asia Empires v0.65a". Don't call it that way, call it for example: "17th Century Revolution, a submod for Asia Empires"

Then it's been said the team of this submod "17th Century Revolution" split in two. Where's the other submod? did he finish it? What happened in the end with the other guy? Which one of the two modders finished the submod? What should i download?? Which submod is better, the submod from the other modder or this modder? what are the differences? How is that second submod called so i can find it and see if he finished it?

-------------

IN THIRD PLACE:

Not happy with all that mess, all this is getting even more blurry and messy with "free" and "paid" version of mods:

In later posts we read there's a paid and free version, are they for "Asia Empires v0.8"?? for "17th Century Revolution" submod?? for "Asia Empires v0.65a", or for "Asia Empires v0.6"??? That's 8 possibilities (2 versions * 4 possible submods =8 possible submods).

Where are the links for those free and paid versions?

I advice to everyone not to give a single cent for a paid version of a mod. That's an abuse. A donation is ok, but posting "paid" and "free" versions of a mod, those modders should be taken to court. In fact, i just wrote to CA about this in case they want to take legal actions.

-------------

IN FOURTH PLACE:

Then, "eustaciovenegas" user posts a link to the mod "The Sigh of Empire", which is another completly different mod, based in XIX century. And that has nothing to do with "Asia Empires" mod, or "17th Century Revolution" submod. The period of the mods is not even close!! A mod based in XIX century has nothing to do with a mod based on XVII century!! That's 200 years difference: different units, different factions, different set up, different map...

I suppose he said that because this is such a mess, that he thought that was the mod this forum is talking about.

However, previously another user also posted his downloaded submod has more factions, because it is the original mod "Asia Empires". But the OP said "The Sigh of Empire" is more complete, as if that user had downloaded "The Sigh of Empire". Why the OP talked suddenly about "The Sigh of Empire", if that's another completely different mod that has nothing to do with "Asia Empires" or any of its submods???

Conclusion: we need a clarification. Also needed is the correct name of the files and a name for the submod. What are we downloading?
    Last edited by p8q; September 30, 2022 at 03:16 AM.

Hey guys any news for the "WANMOD_Asia_Empires" IGdood sent in page 2? No way to unlock it still?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123