Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some new news :D

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some new news :D

For convenience:

3:00 - Luthor Harkon's Vampire Coast shown , just after that we see an empire port city at 3:07
    I'd say that's just a minor vampire settlement.

Pirazzo´s Lost Legion
    Bit too blurry and too early to tell, but it looks like they are still sticking to generic Empire models.

Also:

Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 21, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    For convenience:
    Bit too blurry and too early to tell, but it looks like they are still sticking to generic Empire models.
    To me its pretty similar
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    To me its pretty similar
    It's a very quick and blurry flyover, but I got the impression that it was using the same assets of Warhammer 1's Empire units.

Click to view content: 

Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 22, 2017 at 09:12 AM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I saw a morion on that Pirazzo stack general

Citizen

Blog Entries

Just to make sure, are we talking about this guy?

Just to make sure, are we talking about this guy?
    yes, but you are focusing on "general" model....look up at the banner.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    yes, but you are focusing on "general" model....look up at the banner.
    Not sure of what you mean. I just see a skull with a laurel wreath, which is also an Empire symbol:

That would be yet another recycled asset from Warhammer 1's Empire:

Click to view content: 

Not sure of what you mean. I just see a skull with a laurel wreath, which is also an Empire symbol
    Banner looks like Pizzaro´s Lost Legion ,which means Dogs of War. That´s the whole point. Dogs of War. As new information. I don´t care about ingame model general as humans will feature a lot of recycled assests and we can hardly judge from one model anyway.... (You are expecting everything new for even W1 races/ factions especially non-playable ones??)
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 22, 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Wow so people who haven't played Warhammer 1 are blatantly being bribed into buying it, otherwise the pre-order bonus has no worth. I've never seen a company do that before, offer pre-order content for a PREVIOUS game.
    My reaction when I see it's about $11 cheaper on Humble Bundle compared to Steam though.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by fishking View Post
    Wow so people who haven't played Warhammer 1 are blatantly being bribed into buying it, otherwise the pre-order bonus has no worth. I've never seen a company do that before, offer pre-order content for a PREVIOUS game.
    My reaction when I see it's about $11 cheaper on Humble Bundle compared to Steam though.
    It's not much of a bribe. Buy a $60 computer game you may not want, to save maybe $10 on a DLC for the same game you may not want, all so you can take advantage of an early adopters bonus for the game you do want. I mean, in that case if your only reason for pre-ordering/buying first week is to get the DLC, seems you would be better off not pre-ordering/buying first week. And if you change your mind about wanting Warhammer 1 at a later date, you can always buy it and the DLC. By which point the game at least may well be on sale.

Now if there's other factors at play, like a better price if you pre-order/adopt early, I can understand buying something you don't want to get something you do. I have extra copies of several books I already owned, because the price for buying say a set of three where I had the first was still cheaper than buying the second and third separately. But otherwise, seems like something most people wouldn't do. So where's the bribe?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    It's not much of a bribe. Buy a $60 computer game you may not want, to save maybe $10 on a DLC for the same game you may not want, all so you can take advantage of an early adopters bonus for the game you do want. I mean, in that case if your only reason for pre-ordering/buying first week is to get the DLC, seems you would be better off not pre-ordering/buying first week. And if you change your mind about wanting Warhammer 1 at a later date, you can always buy it and the DLC. By which point the game at least may well be on sale.

Now if there's other factors at play, like a better price if you pre-order/adopt early, I can understand buying something you don't want to get something you do. I have extra copies of several books I already owned, because the price for buying say a set of three where I had the first was still cheaper than buying the second and third separately. But otherwise, seems like something most people wouldn't do. So where's the bribe?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    They're quoting something I said a few pages back, dunno why they didn't offer any of their own thoughts on it. I just think the DLC thing is slightly shifty/peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    They're quoting something I said a few pages back, dunno why they didn't offer any of their own thoughts on it. I just think the DLC thing is slightly shifty/peculiar.
    Ah, sorry. Didn't realise.

I think it's different, but I don't see it as shifty. I think it's a response to the Chaos Warriors DLC backlash. I mean people can't accuse them of "cutting content" from Warhammer 2 if the content isn't for Warhammer 2. But SEGA probably still wants a pre-order incentive. So offering everyone a 100% discount on a new DLC for Warhammer 1 if you pre-order or buy Warhammer 2 first week means they have an incentive (happy SEGA) while at the same time hopefully avoiding the massive backlash (happy Players,) and still offering something extra for people who do buy early (happy Early Adopters.)

Whether it succeeds, only time will tell.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Ah, sorry. Didn't realise.

I think it's different, but I don't see it as shifty. I think it's a response to the Chaos Warriors DLC backlash. I mean people can't accuse them of "cutting content" from Warhammer 2 if the content isn't for Warhammer 2. But SEGA probably still wants a pre-order incentive. So offering everyone a 100% discount on a new DLC for Warhammer 1 if you pre-order or buy Warhammer 2 first week means they have an incentive (happy SEGA) while at the same time hopefully avoiding the massive backlash (happy Players,) and still offering something extra for people who do buy early (happy Early Adopters.)

Whether it succeeds, only time will tell.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    I'd agree with you if I thought the pre-order bonus was chosen in order to avoid being charged by the community with cut content. Instead, the pre-order bonus targets those of us who don't own Warhammer 1. If they convince us to buy both games to have the full experience, they stand to make much more money.

Cheers,

Huberto
    Last edited by Huberto; June 23, 2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I'd agree with you if I thought the pre-order bonus was chosen in order to avoid being charged by the community with cut content. Instead, the pre-order bonus targets those of us who don't own Warhammer 1. If they convince us to buy both games to have the full experience, they stand to make much more money.

Cheers,

Huberto
    Ah well. Can't please everyone.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Sure this is not just another character for total war arena?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post

Cheers,

Huberto
    If you're going to buy WH2 jusy for the sake of WH1 dlc then I think it"s something wrong somewhere, not on CA or SEGA part to be sure.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    If you're going to buy WH2 jusy for the sake of WH1 dlc then I think it"s something wrong somewhere, not on CA or SEGA part to be sure.
    The pre-order bonus is about buying WH1 not WH2 -- DLC is always about having the "complete experience"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345