Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd CTD in campaign and i do not know the cause or how to solve it?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Odd CTD in campaign and i do not know the cause or how to solve it?

In my work on Warcraft Total War the campaign CTD:s whenever a transgression occures - i thought it was the added ships but it wasn't solved by removing them. Anyone else knows what this error-log means? Transgression something, and a CTD immediately after! And it happens every time at the same turn.

Between turn 36 to 46.

Code:
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Bow_Militia.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Bow_Militia.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Bow_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Bow_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.616 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Bow_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga
    07:19:28.616 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Axe_Militia.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Axe_Militia.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Axe_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Axe_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.617 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Axe_Militia_info.tga
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Sergeants.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/WTW/data/ui/units/centaur/#Sergeants.tga (from: C:\GAMES\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    07:19:28.617 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Sergeants_info.tga
    07:19:28.618 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Sergeants_info.tga
    07:19:28.618 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/centaur/Sergeants_info.tga
    07:19:28.618 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/WTW/data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga
    07:19:28.618 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0026_Build_Greater_Barracks> fired
    07:19:28.618 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    07:19:28.618 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    07:19:28.619 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0004_Normalise> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0046_P_Normalise> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    07:19:28.620 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    07:19:28.621 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    07:19:28.621 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    07:19:28.621 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    07:19:28.644 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    07:19:28.644 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 1A0BFB0A against faction 1A0C273C
    07:19:28.697 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    07:19:28.697 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    07:19:31.661 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Odd CTD in campaign and i do not know the cause or how to solve it?

Mmh, Mr_Nygren, from the .log is hard to get the exact cause, although the transgression is an [info], I don't think it's the direct cause of the fatal CTD.

Instead, maybe some triggering (of events or features) related to the campaign_script?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I'm pretty sure that alreadyded had this problem not too long ago. I don't remember if he managed to solve it, nor where it was discussed. Maybe PM him if a search can't find it.

EDIT: here it is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?746700
    Last edited by Withwnar; June 07, 2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Mmh, Mr_Nygren, from the .log is hard to get the exact cause, although the transgression is an [info], I don't think it's the direct cause of the fatal CTD.

Instead, maybe some triggering (of events or features) related to the campaign_script?
    Nope, there are no events nor scripts.

And all the triggers in the export_descr_character_traits are also removed.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Mmh, really strange then. :/

Well, as Withwnar said, check the thread he posted..
    It's a very odd CTD, I never had this "applied transgression issue". In any case, I think the thread can be very helpful for that...

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Mmh, really strange then. :/

Well, as Withwnar said, check the thread he posted..
    It's a very odd CTD, I never had this "applied transgression issue". In any case, I think the thread can be very helpful for that...
    It didn't help looking at that thread, as the solution weren't there. The only way i could solve it was by removing the diplomacy completely - also, the ships i did add to the recruitment caused a similar CTD to occure and the only solution i could come up with was removing the ships.

I still have no idea how to actually solve it so that one can have ships without the mod CTD:ing.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that alreadyded had this problem not too long ago. I don't remember if he managed to solve it, nor where it was discussed. Maybe PM him if a search can't find it.

Thanks, unfortunately there were no solution in that thread.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It didn't help looking at that thread, as the solution weren't there. The only way i could solve it was by removing the diplomacy completely - also, the ships i did add to the recruitment caused a similar CTD to occure and the only solution i could come up with was removing the ships.

I still have no idea how to actually solve it so that one can have ships without the mod CTD:ing.

Mhm I see... well, it's something really new to me. I mean, never had CTD problems with ships or diplomacy... At this point, check them: like their statistics, recruitment, entries, factors or h_r which regulate them... there must me something wrong in those aspects, I guess... but no clear idea :/

Anyone knows why this transgressor bug happens?

I had zero issues in my submod for Hyrule Total War - but then after adding the faction of Stalfos this transgressor issue started to happen very often, and this forced me to remove Stalfos. I tested both spawning them through scripts as Undying nephalim had intended, and through adding them in the descr_strat - both led to the transgressor CTD.

It is a CTD which happens when one faction attacks another. It happens randomly at random turns - and if you load a saved game it will happen again at the same spot. If you restart your campaign it will happen on a different turn. Sometimes you can play for 20 turns, other times you can play for 179 turns - but when this CTD happens the campaign is over.

The odd thing is that i removed Stalfos and got rid of the issue. But then after adding new religions, changing cultures, adding some new units etc - it started to happen when the Hylians attacked Lanayru at turn 178. Then it happened when restarting the campaign on turn 71 when the Deku Tribe attacked Lanayru. And later it did happen on another random turn when the Lanayru moved troops.

I tried reverting changes but to no avail. I then made a backup of the mod and restored the stable version that had worked without any crash for 230 turns. But no - it happened there as well. I tried an even older and it still happened. Often it did happen on turn 23, 71 or later. But i have no clue why it started to happen in earlier versions?

Previously when removing Stalfos i got rid of the bug. But now it is there no matter what. It is a gamebreaking bug - the campaign might last the entire game if one is lucky. But most of the time might end in the middle of the campaign or in the beginning which is a real shame. I don't understand how the stable version also got the bug all of a sudden.

This transgressor bug is caused by what? Anyone knows?

- The Havamal

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Anyone knows why this transgressor bug happens?

I had zero issues in my submod for Hyrule Total War - but then after adding the faction of Stalfos this transgressor issue started to happen very often, and this forced me to remove Stalfos. I tested both spawning them through scripts as Undying nephalim had intended, and through adding them in the descr_strat - both led to the transgressor CTD.

It is a CTD which happens when one faction attacks another. It happens randomly at random turns - and if you load a saved game it will happen again at the same spot. If you restart your campaign it will happen on a different turn. Sometimes you can play for 20 turns, other times you can play for 179 turns - but when this CTD happens the campaign is over.
    Your situation is eerily similar to mine. Are you sure you can't bypass the CTDs by reloading the last autosave? I'm usually able to do just that. It's not fancy, but at least I can continue playing the campaign.

The odd thing is that i removed Stalfos and got rid of the issue. But then after adding new religions, changing cultures, adding some new units etc - it started to happen when the Hylians attacked Lanayru at turn 178. Then it happened when restarting the campaign on turn 71 when the Deku Tribe attacked Lanayru. And later it did happen on another random turn when the Lanayru moved troops.

I tried reverting changes but to no avail. I then made a backup of the mod and restored the stable version that had worked without any crash for 230 turns. But no - it happened there as well. I tried an even older and it still happened. Often it did happen on turn 23, 71 or later. But i have no clue why it started to happen in earlier versions?

Previously when removing Stalfos i got rid of the bug. But now it is there no matter what. It is a gamebreaking bug - the campaign might last the entire game if one is lucky. But most of the time might end in the middle of the campaign or in the beginning which is a real shame. I don't understand how the stable version also got the bug all of a sudden.

This transgressor bug is caused by what? Anyone knows?
    I'm am definitely interested in how it caused a stable version to become unstable. Are you 100% sure the bug wasn't already present in earlier versions of the mod, but somehow never triggered a CTD?

Also, I thought I'd link the two topics as they seem to deal with the same issue: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Pause-on/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Your situation is eerily similar to mine. Are you sure you can't bypass the CTDs by reloading the last autosave? I'm usually able to do just that. It's not fancy, but at least I can continue playing the campaign.

I'm am definitely interested in how it caused a stable version to become unstable. Are you 100% sure the bug wasn't already present in earlier versions of the mod, but somehow never triggered a CTD?

Also, I thought I'd link the two topics as they seem to deal with the same issue: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Pause-on/page2
    Well, it probably was there but never triggered. Earlier i would get random CTD maybe at turn 80 and were able to start the mod and load the save and continue.

Now i can't because it is a transgressor crash that happens at the same time all the time when loading saves.

- I tried removing shadows on the campaign map, removing assassins, spies and priests with the exception of the Wizzrobe priests - and also removed diplomats from some factions. The mod ran fine until turn 217 when it did crash - the latest version. But it doesn't matter what version (of my submod) i were using. It's not known why it didn't happen in the past. But i do believe that the transgressor crash is due to too many models on the strat-map at once.

I will remove diplomats and add very few agents from the start in the descr_strat instead. Players don't really need to recruit diplomats etc - they can have a few from the start and that's it. I care mostly about the battles and strategy and the rest i would cut if needed. Diplomats are nice but one doesn't need more than maybe one per faction.

- The Havamal

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post

Thanks, unfortunately there were no solution in that thread.
    It's quite possible that he solved it but didn't return to that thread to say how. It would be worth PMing him.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

How often do you delete map.rwm?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    How often do you delete map.rwm?
    All the time.

- The Havamal

The m2tw.system.log:

Code:
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/generic/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga.dds
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [trace] file open,,776D3248,217308
    02:28:20.535 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Hyrule/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.542 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083_Demeanour> fired
    02:28:20.702 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    02:28:20.703 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 4031E2FE against faction 4031D740
    02:28:20.703 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Hyrule/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.703 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Hyrule/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.703 [system.io] [trace] file open,,375A5448,94247
    02:28:20.703 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Hyrule/data/descr_hero_abilities.xml (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.720 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting,186
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting,186
    02:28:20.721 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting,186
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting,186
    02:28:20.722 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/morning_storm.lighting (from: D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    02:28:20.723 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    02:28:20.723 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 4031E2FE against faction 4031D740
    02:28:21.504 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Hyrule.scriptoutput.log:

Code:
    00:35:12.076 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <send_character_off_map>, at line 20835, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    Character is dead or does not exist!.
    00:35:12.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20842, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Xalfarthius LoyaltyStarter 1
    err: character not found

00:35:12.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20843, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Xalfarthius ReligionStarter 1	

00:35:12.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20844, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Xalfarthius StrategicSkill 1

00:35:12.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20845, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Xalfarthius GoodCommander 2

00:35:12.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20847, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_ancillary Xalfarthius rank_general1

00:44:51.962 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <send_character_off_map>, at line 16713, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    00:44:51.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16720, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Semus LoyaltyStarter 1

00:44:51.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16721, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Semus ReligionStarter 1	

00:44:51.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16722, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Semus StrategicSkill 1

00:44:51.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16723, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Semus GoodCommander 2

00:44:51.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16725, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_ancillary Queen_Semus rank_general1

00:44:51.965 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <move>, at line 16727, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    Character Queen_Semus doesn't exist.

01:38:34.215 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 116412, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    move_character "Sub_EntranceA" 65, 247

01:38:34.215 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <kill_character>, at line 116413, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    Character Sub_EntranceA doesn't exist.

01:56:16.964 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <send_character_off_map>, at line 15941, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    01:56:16.965 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 15948, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Zekos LoyaltyStarter 1

01:56:16.966 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 15949, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Zekos ReligionStarter 1	

01:56:16.966 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 15950, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Zekos StrategicSkill 1

01:56:16.966 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 15951, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Zekos GoodCommander 2

01:56:16.966 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 15953, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_ancillary Zekos rank_general1

01:56:19.749 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <send_character_off_map>, at line 16745, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    01:56:19.750 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16752, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Arctmus LoyaltyStarter 1

01:56:19.750 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16753, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Arctmus ReligionStarter 1	

01:56:19.750 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16754, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Arctmus StrategicSkill 1

01:56:19.751 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16755, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_trait Queen_Arctmus GoodCommander 2

01:56:19.751 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 16757, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    give_ancillary Queen_Arctmus rank_general1

01:56:19.751 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <move>, at line 16759, in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    Character Queen_Arctmus doesn't exist.
    Hyrule.script2.log:

Code:
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    02:28:20.702 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    02:28:20.723 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    Hyrule.script.log:

Code:
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    02:28:20.534 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    All the missing general entries do exist in the campaign_scripts-file - some could be dead or whatever.

- The Havamal

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I got same thing now in my mod. I changed many unit models for different factions without testing them in campaign, only in custom battles. Now I figured that I forgot to copy some of them to all factions that can recruit them in EDB. And this error occures in my case when one general attacks another

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    I got same thing now in my mod. I changed many unit models for different factions without testing them in campaign, only in custom battles. Now I figured that I forgot to copy some of them to all factions that can recruit them in EDB. And this error occures in my case when one general attacks another
    I see - i will double-check all the ownerships in both the EDU and in the EDB then.

- The Havamal

07:19:31.661 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

This I have not experienced in the log ever.

The script part, engagement error thing is relations updating in game if I remember right, I don't remember the file name but some vanilla M2TW code was effed up. The last line of the log, while funny, leads me to believe you have more than one problem. As in starting relations or something that is in there from the start of the game and the relations thing happening in game is the 'final straw'. My best advice is to clear all files that have to do with relations updating in game and perhaps the log will show something more specific when it crashes again. My logs always show specific things, I just have no clue what file that thing is in so I ask in this forum. Whatever file had TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT in the file was the one I fixed, pretty sure of that. I don't know anything about modding this game though, I don't spend much time on it, I just make it happen when I do spend the time. Same with everything else.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 14, 2019 at 07:39 AM.

Razor posted this in PM regarding this crash:

"Ok, I may have fixed the issue I was having. After 3 tests I can now easily get to 200 turns without a crash happening. I found that out by coincidence during a testing for something else and the game constantly crashed when I took the last settlement of one specific faction. I then tried to eliminate the faction using the surrender_regions command. Still a crash. Then I tried the command on all factions on the map and everything worked fine and all factions turned rebel, which got me thinking. For some reason I went to look the descr_sm_factions.txt and found that the faction causing the crash was being shadowed by another faction that was present on the map. I tested the same for other factions on the map that were being shadowed by another faction and I got a hit: all caused a crash. Then I tried eliminating the shadowing factions first and then the shadowed factions and everything went smooth.

So in short: the culprit in my case seems to have been related to the use of shadow factions as defined in descr_sm_factions.txt. The shadow factions spawn correctly when they rebel from their parent faction, but whenever the parent faction get annihilated by another faction while the shadow faction is still alive the game crashes. "

I have very little knowledge about shadowing factions, and shadow factions? What does this even mean? I know there was something like that connected to the Baron-feature of Med2?

The Hyrule descr_SM_factions would look like this:

Code:

Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

faction						hylian
    culture						northern_european
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_venice.CAS
    rebel_symbol					models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour					red 122, green 0, blue 183
    secondary_colour				red 110, green 110, blue 110
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_england.tga
    standard_index					0
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value					5
    custom_battle_availability			yes
    can_sap						no
    prefers_naval_invasions				no
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

faction						gerudo
    culture						darknutish
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_sicily.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 148, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_twili.tga
    standard_index					1
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SICILY
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SICILY
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						goron
    culture						barbari_european
    religion					orthodox
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_milan.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 0, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_spain.tga
    standard_index					2
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_MILAN
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_MILAN
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						zora
    religion					orthodox
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_papacy.CAS
    primary_colour					red 0, green 0, blue 255
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_venice.tga
    standard_index					3
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						kokiri
    culture						southern_european
    religion					orthodox
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_denmark.CAS
    primary_colour					red 25, green 255, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_sicily.tga
    standard_index					4
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_BYZANTIUM
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_BYZANTIUM
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						gohma
    culture						middle_eastern
    religion					islam
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_egypt.CAS
    primary_colour					red 200, green 255, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_milan.tga
    standard_index					5
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_ENGLAND
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_ENGLAND
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						ordona
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_scotland.CAS
    primary_colour					red 187, green 176, blue 127
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_england.tga
    standard_index					6
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_PORTUGAL
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_PORTUGAL
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						lanayru
    religion					lesser
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_poland.CAS
    primary_colour					red 0, green 87, blue 177
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_france.tga
    standard_index					7
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_AZTEC
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_AZTEC
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						deku
    religion					lesser
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_ZOLA.CAS
    primary_colour					red 50, green 80, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_denmark.tga
    standard_index					8
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_FRANCE
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_FRANCE
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						moblin
    religion					lesser
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_france.CAS
    primary_colour					red 131, green 89, blue 61
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_venice.tga
    standard_index					9
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_DENMARK
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_DENMARK
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						darknut
    culture						darknutish
    religion					idols
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_turks.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 198, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_milan.tga
    standard_index					10
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_RUSSIA
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_RUSSIA
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						lizalfos
    religion					pantheon
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_holy_roman_empire.CAS
    primary_colour					red 137, green 137, blue 137
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_egypt.tga
    standard_index					11
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_MOORS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_MOORS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						labrynna
    religion					pagan
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_byzantium.CAS
    primary_colour					red 86, green 77, blue 167
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_byzantium.tga
    standard_index					12
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SCOTLAND
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SCOTLAND
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						fairy
    religion					nature
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_aztecs.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 0, blue 255
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_aztecs.tga
    standard_index					13
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_MONGOLS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_MONGOLS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						stalfos
    culture						vreek
    religion					pagan
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_spain.CAS
    primary_colour					red 0, green 0, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_spain.tga
    standard_index					14
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SPAIN
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SPAIN
    triumph_value					5
    horde_min_units					10
    horde_max_units					20
    horde_max_units_reduction_every_horde		10
    horde_unit_per_settlement_population		250
    horde_min_named_characters			2
    horde_max_percent_army_stack			80
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	0
    horde_unit					Stalfos Eurdi
    horde_unit					Stalfos Gerudo
    horde_unit					Stalfos Zarko
    horde_unit					Stalkin
    horde_unit					Stalhounds
    horde_unit					Parutamu
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						sheikah
    culture						vreek
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_timurids.CAS
    primary_colour					red 70, green 0, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_sicily.tga
    standard_index					15
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_HOLY_ROMAN_EMPIRE
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_HRE
    triumph_value					5
    horde_min_units					2
    horde_max_units					4
    horde_max_units_reduction_every_horde		1
    horde_unit_per_settlement_population		250
    horde_min_named_characters			1
    horde_max_percent_army_stack			80
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture	0
    horde_unit					Sheikah Spies
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						ikana
    culture						vreek
    religion					heretic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_hungary.CAS
    primary_colour					red 200, green 190, blue 150
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_ikana.tga
    standard_index					16
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					no

faction						twili
    culture						mesoamerican
    religion					heretic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_moors.CAS
    primary_colour					red 0, green 255, blue 180
    standard_index					17
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_TURKS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_TURKS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						zanti
    religion					heretic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_moors.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 75, blue 75
    standard_index					17
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_TURKS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_TURKS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						wizzrobe
    religion					wizzrobe_inf
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_saxons.CAS
    primary_colour					red 255, green 255, blue 255
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_moors.tga
    standard_index					18
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_TIMURID
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_TIMURID
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						zola, spawned_on_event
    religion					lesser
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_dacia.cas
    primary_colour					red 110, green 240, blue 210
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_ZOLA.tga
    standard_index					21
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_ZOLA
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_ZOLA
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						zuna
    culture						darknutish
    religion					idols
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_armenia.cas
    primary_colour					red 170, green 130, blue 85
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_hre.tga
    standard_index					23
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_ZUNA
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_ZUNA
    triumph_value					5
    custom_battle_availability			no
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						subrosian
    religion					idols
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_brutii.cas
    primary_colour					red 255, green 255, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_scotland.tga
    standard_index					24
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SUBROSIAN
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SUBROSIAN
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						tokay
    religion					idols
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_barb_rebel.cas
    primary_colour					red 150, green 255, blue 100
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_poland.tga
    standard_index					25
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_TOKAY
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_TOKAY
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						huskus
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_numidia.cas
    primary_colour					red 100, green 100, blue 0
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_hungary.tga
    standard_index					26
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_HUSKUS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_HUSKUS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						horon
    religion					nature
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_seleucid.cas
    primary_colour					red 230, green 230, blue 230
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_timurids.tga
    standard_index					27
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_HORON
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_HORON
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						papal_states
    religion					catholic
    special_faction_type				papal_faction
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_papacy.CAS
    primary_colour					red 160, green 243, blue 255
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_papal_states.tga
    standard_index					19
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_HUNGARY
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_OOCCA
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						majora
    religion					heretic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_majora.CAS
    primary_colour					red 80, green 65, blue 125
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_majora.tga
    standard_index					20
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_POLAND
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_MAJORA
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						saxons
    religion					pagan
    special_faction_type				slave_faction
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_rebels.cas
    primary_colour					red 100, green 100, blue 100
    standard_index					20
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SAXONS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SAXONS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						herooftime
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_saxons.cas
    primary_colour					red 0, green 0, blue 0
    standard_index					21
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_SAXONS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_SAXONS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						no
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

faction						slave
    religion					pagan
    special_faction_type				slave_faction
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour					red 100, green 100, blue 100
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_slaves.tga
    standard_index					28
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_REBELS
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_REBELS
    triumph_value					5
    can_sap						yes
    can_have_princess				no
    has_family_tree					no

Any ideas?

- The Havamal

If you don't use the 'shadowed_by' or 'shadowing' code (which is apparently bugged) that is not the cause of your crash. I never used that code and this is the first I have heard of it. I did a google search for it and did not find anyone that actually tested to see if it works, just people talking about it.

Do you have any regions that have 'slave' as the owner in descr_regions.txt? This does not work, I don't recall if it causes a CTD in game or while starting it up since I have been using another faction to fill this role to avoid that for a long time, but the game does not allow it.

Do all the regions religion points add up to 100 in that file? This will cause a crash if that region gets attacked, or upgrades, or something to where the game checks it.

Are any character names missing? As in is it blank where their name should be in game? This will cause a CTD.

Do you have characters that come of age around the time the turn it crashes? If so it is a trait bug.

My guess so far is a regions bug and a trait bug, which could cause the 'Uh oh' to show I assume. I have had all these bugs but only one at a time. It could be a typo somewhere, I had notepad++ glitch out on me before and add in some weird text I wouldn't even know how to type when using undo/redo. Luckily I saw it happen, and it kept happening until I restarted my PC.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 24, 2019 at 03:44 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast