Thread: Unspecified error when trying to save a game

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Default Unspecified error when trying to save a game

Hi,

The most of the time when I try to save a game, it crash.

11:51:10.569 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    11:51:10.569 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    11:51:10.570 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,27957
    11:51:10.570 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Medieval II - Total War)
    11:51:10.872 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

Default Re: Unspecified error when trying to save a game

That's not helpful, I need the whole log. I could also do with details on your installation; Mac or PC? What operating system? Where is your game installed? Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter? What version are you playing?

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That's not helpful, I need the whole log. I could also do with details on your installation; Mac or PC? What operating system? Where is your game installed? Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter? What version are you playing?
    Hi,

Here you have the information:

C:\Medieval II - Total War\mods\ebii

Windowns 10

I follow all the instructions of the installation

PC

EB II Q

Sorry for not give you all the information before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There's no error in that log; it needs to be the one immediately after the crash.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

There's no error in that log; it needs to be the one immediately after the crash.
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay, please find the attachemnt from the log, when I play sometimes the game pull me out when I go to the next turn or when I want to save the game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hennin; June 05, 2017 at 07:46 AM.

Again, there's no terminating error. Was that the log from immediately after the crash? The log is overwritten every time you run the game, it will only have a record of the last session.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Again, there's no terminating error. Was that the log from immediately after the crash? The log is overwritten every time you run the game, it will only have a record of the last session.
    It's immediately, I don't know what happen, the only think that I can read in the log, in the last line is something about de player.txt in preference file, when the game pull me out the last time, tell me that, it mees the file from preference.

Sorry if I not help better with that, I don't know what can I say.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Hennin; June 05, 2017 at 08:03 AM.

If you'd had an unspecified error, it would be there in the log. Something else is going on.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

If you'd had an unspecified error, it would be there in the log. Something else is going on.
    Ok, I will follow playing the game, and when I have another unspecified error, I will directly post it here.

Thanks