Thread: Warhammer 2 Embargo Lifted

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Warhammer 2 Embargo Lifted

The Warhammer 2 embargo has been lifted, so a lot of new information is coming out. Is now about the time to create a dedicated Warhammer 2 forum, or will we just keep using this one?

Here's a neatly laid out compilation of all the information on Reddit.

- In multiplayer there will be 4 player Free For All matches where each unit has a certain score, and either the last man standing wins, or the player win the most score wins. So basically 1v1v1v1 on specifically designed maps.

- In the campaign Legendary Lords will all have different starting positions, which means that in co-op campaigns players will be both be able to play as the same faction if they want to.

- The campaign "Vortex" mechanic involves special missions that players (and the AI) have to undertake, such as quest battles, building specific buildings, acquiring specific resources, exploring forgotten ruins and more. You can sabotage your enemies efforts by destroying their armies, or preventing them from accomplishing their missions.

- The "Vortex" mechanic means that you can lose the game right at the end if you didn't play the objective, although I believe there'll be a last chance mechanic, perhaps a huge battle at the Vortex where you can prevent a faction from powering up the Vortex?

- In the campaign there will be rogue/mercenary armies around the map that will use units from all the factions. Eg there might be a hostile goblin-led army with squigs, dinosaurs, wolf riders and stuff like that.

- Some factions from the Old World (Warhammer 1) will be represented I believe.

- The Lizardmen have a mechanic based on invisible magic lines that they want to conquer, thus their campaign settlements might be spread all over the place but its all part of a plan only they can see.

- The High Elves have special diplomacy mechanics, eg trade alliances automatically come with map information.

- Warhammer 2 will use the same engine as Warhammer 1, but perhaps have upgraded textures and graphics.

http://imgur.com/a/Z31k0
    http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-war...gned-campaign/
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/2/157...eview-hands-on
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ar-warhammer-2
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/s...-warhammer-ii/
    https://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/...dmen+Hands-on/
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 04, 2017 at 07:16 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Warhammer 2 Embargo Lifted

- New siege maps, something about choke points and battles at gates.

-Confirmation: there will be new vampiric faction in Lustria

-the new free for all multiplayer battle will be limited only to W2, but you can play even W1 races
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Though I recall hearing somewhere yesterday that they won't be able to show actual gameplay for about a couple weeks (so not until E3, I imagine).

Free for all YEAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Forward, march!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Here's a neatly laid out compilation of all the information on Reddit.
    "Major settlements now all have 8 slots, minor settlements now all have 6 slots." On the plus side they've listened to our feedback, but god I wish this was available for Attila and Rome 2.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 04, 2017 at 01:44 AM.

((( Very good compilation of info so far:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...w_information/

You should really read it )))

EDIT: Lol Caligula was quicker.....all the difference is finishing breakfast before hitting enter
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 04, 2017 at 03:01 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    ... "Major settlements now all have 8 slots, minor settlements now all have 6 slots." On the plus side they've listened to our feedback, but god I wish this was available for Attila and Rome 2.
    Thanks for the link, the compilation of features is helpful. I imagine a lot of people agree with you about wanting more building slots for earlier games. I see it differently. For me, a game is more strategic when we have to make difficult choices and cannot recruit high-tier units everywhere.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

'Free for all matches' .... so basically something that was possible in Medieval 2 that they stripped out and are now releasing as as OMG BRAND NEW FEATUREZ
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    'Free for all matches' .... so basically something that was possible in Medieval 2 that they stripped out and are now releasing as as OMG BRAND NEW FEATUREZ
    So you are saying it´s bad that CA is re-implementing this feature? Med 2 is different engine, 11 years and like 6/7 titles back. I can honestly say, i haven´t missed that feature. More likely i would love to see option prior to battle to backstab my ally (like you can honor/break alliance if friend is attacked..) and having multi-player campaign battles if my army is near and so...

CA is bringing a lot of features, i can´t honestly wait to play combined map....

EDIT: actually i tried short campaign in Med 2 not so long ago and Warhammer spoiled me. Im missing true identity of factions like Wood Elves or Dwarves in W1 ...i really cannot wait to play High Elves :-))

EDIT2: I would much more likely see proper naval combat, like in empire. Oh that was impossible in med 2 anyway...This is one major thing im missing.
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 04, 2017 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Thanks for the link, the compilation of features is helpful. I imagine a lot of people agree with you about wanting more building slots for earlier games. I see it differently. For me, a game is more strategic when we have to make difficult choices and cannot recruit high-tier units everywhere.
    I am pretty sure there will still be more building choices than slots.

There aren't really more building choices than slots once you pass tier 3 for most factions unless you want to spam military buildings in every province. I more and more often find leaving empty slots makes the most sense. Really only need tier 5 to unlock a handful of buildings 3-4 times for most factions then staying at tier 3-4 for the rest of the cities is easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    There aren't really more building choices than slots once you pass tier 3 for most factions unless you want to spam military buildings in every province. I more and more often find leaving empty slots makes the most sense. Really only need tier 5 to unlock a handful of buildings 3-4 times for most factions then staying at tier 3-4 for the rest of the cities is easiest.
    How do you know? Have you played Warhammer 2?

If CA have increased building slots, they would have increased building choices.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The ai need the extra slots to make good armies, not the player unless you are bretonnia.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Love all the changes and the fact that it will also be applied to the first game. I just wished it wouldnt take this long to release.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

September 28 was about average for all the predictions. I thought it would be end of august, others thought november-december.

Heres is a summery of all known info about WH2

Pre order bonus is probably going to be playable and updated Norsca for Warhammer 1. (Norsca also has an AI only pressence in Vortex campaign)

I always assume December 31st, and then there would be a delay pushing it to next year.

So I am quite happy.... for now at least.