Thread: VPN recommendations?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default VPN recommendations?

Hi,

Can anybody here recommend a good VPN? I've been using NordVPN for the past year and I'm keen to shop around. Nord was okay but pretty slow generally, and it's got a number of bad reviews (cutting through their own fake positive reviews) about everything from slow speeds, to unreliability.

I'm by no means an expert with this type of thing. I just like to have a VPN for whenever I'm using a public network, which is often.

Cheers,
    Frunk

Default Re: VPN recommendations?

Cyberghost is a free, easy-to-use VPN with no bandwidth limit. You get three hours per connection, but you can reconnect fairly easily.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Cyberghost is a free, easy-to-use VPN with no bandwidth limit. You get three hours per connection, but you can reconnect fairly easily.
    Thanks mate. I'm guessing you use/used it? Were you happy with it? Personally, I don't mind paying for a reliable service but they could be worth checking out.

Cyberghost does pop up here as being a potential source of Malware, but that's specifically its Android app. To be fair, Nord is on that list, too.

That site, along with this one, are the two main sources I'm going off so far. There's a load of information out there and a lot of it is false, so hence why I'm asking for recommendations here as well.

I have used it for years without any problems. It is widely considered one of the best 3 free VPNs out there. Most free VPNs either have bandwidth limits, take a lot of work to set up or don't use good encryption.

CyberGhost VPN review - PC Advisor

CyberGhost VPN Review & Rating | PCMag.com

CyberGhost VPN Review & User Rating - BestVPN.com

I've only used it on PC and none of my anti-malware/anti-virus detected anything.

Some files are considered malware even when they are harmless, but as always, it is a risk to be on the Internet in the first place. You just need to weigh the negatives and the positives.
    Last edited by Prodromos; May 31, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

A tad bit late, but if you're still looking. I've been using Private Internet Access for almost a year now. Had no drama at all with it.

I recently tried Mullvad, and found it really good. Speed was awesome, compared to CyberGhost, which I have been using for several months (it is free, though, to be fair). The client is lightweight and easy to configure.

I've used NordVPN and hadn't had any problems. You are right about the slow speeds though...
    I have not used cyberghost but, this cyberghost review doesn't say anthing bad either.
    Just don't go with Hola or Betternet, these are pure crap.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Locked to prevent bot spam.