Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 4.2 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders (A 19th Century Revolution)

Default Re: 4.2 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders (A 19th Century Revolution)

I warned you.The paid version on wanmod.com or wanmod.cn is a scam.Why don't you believe me?Here's what we will give you for free. This is a link dowload and full version english from us:
    The Sight Of Empire 4.2 Integration:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs48ecudnk...alWar.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by otmosagawar View Post
    I warned you.The paid version on wanmod.com or wanmod.cn is a scam.Why don't you believe me?Here's what we will give you for free. This is a link dowload and full version english from us:
    Is this official version? I recommend you guys to put it on moddb since it's more accessible

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda1990 View Post
    Is this official version? I recommend you guys to put it on moddb since it's more accessible
    Yes.The official and also the latest version.This is also their scam mods.They are still selling this mods for 200 yuan in China right now.Once I publish it for free.They cannot sell them With this version only works for Chinese (Simplified, PRC) language besides nothing else

The link doesnt work anymore. I suggest uploading to mediafire

Quote Originally Posted by jasperramz View Post
    The link doesnt work anymore. I suggest uploading to mediafire
    I have a google drive download link and it doesn't have to be mediafire. If you need, see me. I will let you know about it

The only issue I've run into with the most recent is that a lot of the names appear to be translated incorrectly. The US Civil War campaign generals almost all have the wrong names assigned to them. The Japanese generals in the main campaign seem to have the wrong name in some cases, and most of the Chinese generals on both the Taiping and Qing side of the war seem to have had their names translated to Vietnamese, I think? This makes it really difficult to understand who's actually on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by otmosagawar View Post
    I can't seem to get this to work. Is there a 4.2 available in English at this point? I played the 1.9 from modDB in English but as far as I understand it is very outdated. It'd be a shame if the latest version of this mod is lost forever.

Unfortunately haven't been able to find it. Wanmod seems to be gone, and while I used to have a copy of 4.2 lying around, I got rid of it a while back because it was a total mess of a mod. Honestly, having messed with it for a long time I think it might be better if the later versions are lost to time, I'm sad to say. Among the issues I ran into:

- Tons of script bloat from supply/ancillary systems that seemed to barely do anything in the first place.

- Pirates spawned constantly in inland lakes with no access to rivers or the sea, and no docks to produce ships and get rid of them.

- Battle AI did not know how to handle the existence of riflemen. They would march up their own riflemen in squares like they were archers and just get slaughtered if you followed even the most basic principles of Napoleonic warfare.

- Siege battles would sometimes crash because there wasn't enough room in the city maps for certain troop formations where the game would try to place them before deployment began.

- Factions would constantly enter a truce and then immediately go back to war, or a faction would subjugate another and then the new subject would immediately declare war on their master for freedom.

- The UK, France, and Russia would start conquering China while the Qing completely fell apart before the year 1860, often to the point of the Qing being so weak that the Kingdom of Joseon would attack them as well.

- The two Japanese factions usually avoid getting into a fight before the Boshin War event, and would instead send armies out to start conquering Korea or colonize the Philippines in the 1850's, while Korea would land troops on Japan and start trying to conquer them in turn.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345