Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Default General Discussion

This thread is for discussion/general comments, suggestions, ideas for Albion TW. All are welcome to share!
    Last edited by Zantorian; December 03, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: General Discussion

Ummmmmm... shouldn't announcements and discussion of the mod be occurring in this thread instead of the original thread?

Nelduin asked a question in the original thread, so I responded. I will link that thread to here, and close that thread.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Where when be cheese eating surrender monkies?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Only found this mod now and am fully in love with it, thank you for all your work and I wish you the very best!

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Any news for us?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I just discovered this and I feel the need to commend on the hard and beautiful work done here.

My request is that you modify your posts (as time allows) to include info about the sources of the models in the same post as the screenshots of the models.
    Being a modeller myself, I know just how much work it takes to finish one model with a decent amount of details and variations.
    So it would be respectful to the efforts of the original creators if you would mention their contributions to your compilations in the same post that shows the compilation.

Araval here, for example, does it right:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I have put the shield provided by paleologos in game for a new custom character model in FRoGS - Dúnhere, nephew of Erkenbrand:

And here are the portraits I made for him (how they approximately look like in game):

Credits/thanks to

Vanilla TATW and King Kong
    paleologos for the shield texture
    Lü Bu for leg, arm and shoulder armour
    Ngugi for giving feedback on the portraits
    Taro_M for his Bag o' tricks

In the image below...

...you mentioned that horse models are Marka and the plate barding is vanilla CA.
    Where did the riders come from?
    They look like GeminiSandy work but I can't be sure.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 07, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I just discovered this and I feel the need to commend on the hard and beautiful work done here.

My request is that you modify your posts (as time allows) to include info about the sources of the models in the same post as the screenshots of the models.
    Being a modeller myself, I know just how much work it takes to finish one model with a decent amount of details and variations.
    So it would be respectful to the efforts of the original creators if you would mention their contributions to your compilations in the same post that shows the compilation.

Araval here, for example, does it right:

In the image below...

...you mentioned that horse models are Marka and the plate barding is vanilla CA.
    Where did the riders come from?
    They look like GeminiSandy work but I can't be sure.
    Hi there! Indeed they are modified Gemini Sandy's plate armor units I've admired, and would like to work into the mod. If you noticed my other posts for Wales for example I credit War of the west for their models and rusichi tw... My post in the troubleshoot thread was for showing the horse model as that's the problem I was having, I didn't see a need to give credit for every unit that I haven't posted as mod work, in the troubleshoot forum, they will indeed get credit in the factions roster thread. None the less I will be more careful then with posting screens in the troubleshoot thread. I fixed my post in the troubleshoot thread. Thank you again for your help.
    Last edited by Zantorian; July 08, 2017 at 02:40 AM.

You are welcome.
    I did not mean to criticize you for the post in the help forum.
    Merely to request that you post info about the contributors in the same style as Araval does.
    You don't have to do it, though, as the way you are mentioning the origin of the model works is compliant with the TOS.
    But if you follow Araval's example it will be much more informative and I believe it would do full honors to the original makers.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Araval did it right because he made a preview in a public thread.
    The Workshop however isn't for that nor such a place for all intents and purposes, but our common shed and modders [are expected to] know that. As long as credits are given in previews and dedicated threads, to make cred lists in the Worskhop where a hand is stretched out to all fellow modders for WIP matters, sounds rather anxious and obsessive.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Araval did it right because he made a preview in a public thread.
    The Workshop however isn't for that nor such a place for all intents and purposes, but our common shed and modders [are expected to] know that. As long as credits are given in previews and dedicated threads, to make cred lists in the Worskhop where a hand is stretched out to all fellow modders for WIP matters, sounds rather anxious and obsessive.
    No disagreement with any of the above.
    It seems I should have predicted the need to make myself clear that my comments above, were about the posts in the threads in this forum, not the technical help threads.
    I always seem to forget that people are usually born ready to read too much into anything that is remotely reminiscent of critique.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 08, 2017 at 06:04 AM.

No harm done, I am aware of the hard work modders put into making models from scratch. The last thing I would want myself, or my mod to be known for is plagiarized work, and an inflated ego for others work. In fact shared material saves us massive amounts of time and for that am truly grateful. Indeed my posts here will always feature credits when previewing work. If I failed to mention, then by all means comment or pm me and I will fix the situation.

Got any more juicy previews for us soon?

Still working on it. I want to make sure it's up to par before previewing. Polishing, and adding plate armour as well, but will be added for all factions, so it is a good thing. Banners are being worked on also. I figure if I will preview France, why not get it all done for them (strat models, battle models, and banners) Taking a bit longer than anticipated, but it's getting there. Learning alot about texturing as well. I will not starve the fans of updates longer than is needed to actually make them

Guys, be sure to check out the French preview, but also go visit the Welsh preview as well.. Bwau Hir (Welsh Longbows) have been updated, as well as banners uploaded, and 4 new units including mounted skirmishers and plate armor!

Awesome work!

Foederatus

Hi, your work looks unbelievable beautiful. I hope it will live

Amazing work, very well done!
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Dublin is the new addition to the huge city models. Check it here!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast