Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: KINGDOM OF ENGLAND (REVAMP)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: KINGDOM OF ENGLAND (REVAMP)

France

Foederatus

what factions still dont have units?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Hope spain will be ur next destination... they could use your touch there as well. Big fan

Oh.... wait...... is it Flanders!.???
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 29, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banskie100 View Post
    France
    So are you working on the Kingdom of France or AOR units from the English territories in France such as Gascony?

Yeah I'm working on French unit rosters and the Mercenaries from Tier 1 to 3.

Artifex

a magnificent preview!

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    a magnificent preview!
    uhh what?

Artifex

Great work! I reviewed your preview and the units rock!

Eye soring... way too plain

As for almohads I say you add less lamellar, scale and a lot of mail... nose protector helmets those dome like phrygian-iberian helmets like in the pics I gave you and those typical face protector helmets (similar to mamluks, indians etc. That pendular shape)

Also I reccomend mixed units for Cordoba Sevilla Valencia... moors and christians jews etc. Cinverts etc like in the pics

Oh yes some typical afrucan padded wouldn t hurt... even padded horse armour that ecisted since the ptolemaics

Also some cataphracts... there are none in ur preview... see tge above pucs
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 29, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

[UPDATED TIER 2 AND 3] and I'll make for the French Preview next.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Looking complete as is. Keep up the good work, babe.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Looking really nice, great work for the units (and assets too)!

Does someone knows if earldoms units will be back?

kruma's Avatar Civis

Are these downloadable in some way? None of the Rrevamps have a download link...are these WIP?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Re: KINGDOM OF ENGLAND (REVAMP)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    The tabards are absolutely stunning. The inclusion of Pavises in the 14th century, now we're talking up to date research. I hope we can see those on ships as well. We do know crossbows were used by England in the hundreds based on inventories and muster rolls, but compared to longbows, we're not even touching on the 1%, therefor not really necessary. I agree with your conclusion and overall a good roster.

A unique Noble Calais unit, unlocked with the Tower of London building (their history is directly intertwined) is always an alternative if such a thing as an English crossbow unit is wanted. Calais and Bordoux were the two main recipients of arms and armour from England, specifically via the Tower of London. Many English nobles were gifted high quality crossbows from the king for their promised serviced in the defense of Calais, England's long standing overseas possession.

1. The thing about English (and many French) longswords is that they were generally shorter than "Germanic" longswords. Usually a single handed blade with a two handed grip. I think it's close to impossible to portray the idea of a typical 2 handed English swordsmen (Men-at-Arms) with the swords that are currently available.
    2. As for metal bucklers (targe), yes that was a thing in England.
    3. The buckler was the choice of the common man, however. Men-at-Arms with bucklers (with coats of arms painted on), that was also a thing. Even for kings.
    4. When it comes to knightly shields (scutum), I would be cautious when seeing it overly used in a non-tournament setting. Heater shields is a style that, to my knowledge faded out 1340-1360. Both from effigies and armoury inventories simultaneously, and replaced by bucklers and pavises. Seeing them in combination with styles of armour that came after that period is weird to me, specially for infantry. It's like seeing a WW1 airplane in the Iraq War.

My interpretations above are based on these source: Point 1., see effigies (this example dated to 1440s), this is a similar view to Capwell and Easton. There's also a number of them clearly depicted in Froissart's Chronicle. This thesis by Richardson demonstrate point 2.-4., see page 82-86.

~Wille
    T3 kings bodyguard and the yeomen of the guard should have more shield variation: ~
    Here's an entire album of sources https://imgur.com/a/0A1vU

Addtionally, I feel England needs crosbowmen albeit inferior ones, pikemen, and haberiders, althoguh the YW can be the latter, and the small pavice style buckler is under represented as are armets, bassinets, etc, but I am unsure where the end date is for this mod.

BTW how would you feel if someone were to re-interpate/extend your work?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    T3 kings bodyguard and the yeomen of the guard should have more shield variation: ~
    Here's an entire album of sources https://imgur.com/a/0A1vU

Addtionally, I feel England needs crosbowmen albeit inferior ones, pikemen, and haberiders, althoguh the YW can be the latter, and the small pavice style buckler is under represented as are armets, bassinets, etc, but I am unsure where the end date is for this mod.

BTW how would you feel if someone were to re-interpate/extend your work?
    The mod's end date is 1500.
    Crossbowmen should be added, I agree, maybe a Gascon AOR unit or something. Halberds seem unnecesary considering that various bill units are available. Did the English actually use pikes in the 15th century?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight2708 View Post
    The mod's end date is 1500.
    Crossbowmen should be added, I agree, maybe a Gascon AOR unit or something. Halberds seem unnecesary considering that various bill units are available. Did the English actually use pikes in the 15th century?

According to perry minitures, yes,
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I highly doubt the english used pikes in the XVth century, perhaps they had long spears. There seems to be a general confusion between the term of pike and the long spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    I highly doubt the english used pikes in the XVth century, perhaps they had long spears. There seems to be a general confusion between the term of pike and the long spears.
    3x their height they were introduced during the wars of the roses, where a great deal of pikemen, crossbow men, and handgunners were hired.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345