Thread: Falcom Total War: 1518 - Age of Discovery 1.0a released!

Icon6 Falcom Total War: 1518 - Age of Discovery 1.0a released!

Presentation

The mod starts in 1518, that’s when Juan de Grijalva explores Yucatan. Spanish will soon launch their conquest of Central America, at the same time Portugal consolidates its Empire in America, Africa and Asia. The World is about to change and will never be the same again.

Trailer:
    https://youtu.be/8daIGx0y3XA

Factions

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I included lots of voices in the mod! Most of factions' units will speak in their own language. For example Portuguese will answer in Portuguese, Ottomans in Turk, Ming in Chinese, etc.

Europe-13
    Well, I guess you know most of them, so I will skip presentations . Spain and Portugal will be the first to colonize other lands, but other factions might follow too.
    Netherlands will emerge later and can eventually try to venture outside Europe.

Portugal

Spain

France

Holly Roman Empire

England

Papal States

Denmark

Hungary

Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth

Ottoman

Russia

Sweden

Netherlands (emerging faction)

Asia-9
    Asia has a very high diversity of factions! Middle-East is very crowded, things will get interesting very quickly!

Mughal

An interesting mix of Islamic-Mongol-Indian culture.

Vijayanagara

A Hindu faction with Elephants and pure Indian units!

Bukahra

A rich Steppe faction that gets access to guns as well.

Persia

Middle-East is full of powerful nations, Persia is one of them.

Ming

The superpower of the East. Units aren’t the most disciplined though.

Japan

Very strong country from a military point of view.

Korea

Strong navy, but not so strong land units. Has the chance to have a very powerful ally.

Toungoo

A Buddhist South East Asian faction.

Açeh

A Muslim South East Asian faction.

Americas-4
    I guess you are familiar with these factions. Playing with central and south American factions isn’t easy. Spain will storm across the continent with stronger units and small pox will hurt you badly. You will be lucky to survive, but if you do, you will get access to better units on par with the westerners!

Iroquois

Aztec

Maya

Inca

Africa-4
    We have three very different subsaharian factions. Non-westernized units are quite weak, but Africa has less colonizing pressure early game than Americas.

Songhai

A muslim subsaharian faction. Heavily influenced by Islam.

Kongo

A catholic subsaharian faction. Heavily influenced by the Portuguese.

Mutapa

A pagan subsaharian faction full of gold!

Morocco

Obviously, the strongest African faction.

Gameplay

We have so many different factions and most of them have their own warfare style.
    European factions will fight with Pikes and Muskets, it’s totally different than when you play with Samurais, Eagle Warriors or African warriors.

The goals depending on which faction you chose aren’t the same. If you play with Spain or Ottomans, you will probably aim at World domination.
    But if you play with an American of African nation, the most important will be first to survive.

Scripts, events and

- Factions may colonize randomly overseas. Off course, traditional colonizers will have higher chances.
    - All new world factions can reform their army if they win battles against westerners. Some factions have access to stronger units than others.
    - If a faction holds critical provinces or a combination of provinces, they get extra money per turn from commerce. Ex: Holding the Cape or Havana generates extra income.
    - Factions may reemerge
    - Several historic events
    - Colonial factions (Portugal. Spain, France, etc.) need to build ports in order to have access to basic units overseas.
    - Some special native units can be recruited by colonial powers overseas. For example, Portugal can recruit Tupi warriors, African Gunners, etc. in Goa (India).

Team and Credits

TEAM :
    Falcom4ever and DOMOD team represented by Againster
    Treaper - Description texts for factions
    IGDood - Diplomat between FTW and DOMOD teams

CREDITS:
    Gigantus - Thanks a lot to him for his Bare Geomod that was the base of the mod and his moding tools. Also thanks for how much he helped me when I faced problems in the conception of the mod.
    Shizoku no Senso team - Thanks a lot to them for the japanese stuff. They did an amazing work and I hope they can release their mod very soon ! Thanks again !
    Ran no Jidai team - Thanks a lot for some model strat for Japan and base for asian campaign cities/castle
    Isandlwana - Thanks for the units from the Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line mod. They are used on the Zimbabwean faction
    Dominatio Mundi team - Thanks for my mates from Dominatio Mundi and in particullary Master Zuma that send the the Malian units
    Charge - Thanks for MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.7
    davide.cool - Thanks for better grass, water and aztecs cities textures
    Agart - Thanks for new cities and castles for europeans and middle east
    XAI 4.01 - Thanks for a wonderful AI
    Broken Crescent - Thanks to AlphaDelta and Strelac for Indian units
    All Under Heaven - Thanks for asian model strat, asian units and settlements
    TWCenter - Thanks to everybody in this forum that was ready to help to fix bugs, answer to questions and share experiance
    Treaper - Fixed French building issues and beta testes
    1648 - Thanks to Incracta team for western units (portugal, spain, france, england, sweden, denmark, hre, papal states)
    WFaS2 - Thanks to With Fire and Sword 2 team for eastern units (turks, poland-lithuania, hungary, russia, persia, mughals)
    Nessj999 - Thanks for the tupi, caribe units and some kongo units
    Last edited by falcom4ever; June 07, 2017 at 02:57 AM.

Default Re: Falcom Total War: 1518 - Age of Discovery 1.0a released!

Interesting mod but in my opinion u should improve the campain map

Quite agree with that. Aeginster was going to make a new one, but he was busy at that time and the mod died in the meantime.

Unfortunately this is the best I can do myself. If someone is willing to create a better one, feel free to do so .

You have had a good job and i'm not a modder so i can't do it. The other way is asking permission to use map from mod as eras total War or mod or another with global map.

Quote Originally Posted by mastro.92 View Post
    You have had a good job and i'm not a modder so i can't do it. The other way is asking permission to use map from mod as eras total War or mod or another with global map.
    I don't know if eras mod upgraded it's map in the meantime, but when I tried it few years ago it was worse than mine in my opinion (that why I created this one).

The best would have been that someone creates a fresh new campaign map taking in consideration present factions, etc.

Anyway, the campaign map could have been better, but it doesn't stop having fun with the mod.

I created a trailer for this mod:
    https://youtu.be/8daIGx0y3XA

Fantastic!!

I see this mod is very good and I hope in future will have add vietnam. Country that I are living at here. Thanks you for mods