Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Far Cry 5

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Or if the main villain's name were Bliven Cundie that would do me just fine. As long as I can play as BLM. Do it UBI!
    Who is Bliven Cundie? And what's BLM?

Edit: Btw., as for "political correctness" (your former post) and related theme-stuff around "bad taste", if Ubi would give a damn about such things, they wouldn't fe. let the player slaughter all the animals and this even including rare ones and picture them as evil creatures wanna killing everything around, which is actually imo. a bad taste game design for the FC surrounding stories, besides of course factually wrong (as for me, the crafting-animal-slaughter part would fit into a real survival game a la Robinson Crusoe, but also fitting in the 10.000 BC setting of Primal), but still not enough bad taste to keep me away from playing Far Cry, as its maintheme is just insanity

Edit2: As for FC 5's apparent theme, my "regret" with american right wing radicals of the Steam community. Well done, Ubisoft.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 05, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Who is Bliven Cundie? And what's BLM?

Edit: Btw., as for "political correctness" (your former post) and related theme-stuff around "bad taste", if Ubi would give a damn about such things, they wouldn't fe. let the player slaughter all the animals and this even including rare ones and picture them as evil creatures wanna killing everything around, which is actually imo. a bad taste game design for the FC surrounding stories, besides of course factually wrong (as for me, the crafting-animal-slaughter part would fit into a real survival game a la Robinson Crusoe, but also fitting in the 10.000 BC setting of Primal), but still not enough bad taste to keep me away from playing Far Cry, as its maintheme is just insanity

Edit2: As for FC 5's apparent theme, my "regret" with american right wing radicals of the Steam community. Well done, Ubisoft.
    Cliven Bundy (the real name of the joke mentioned) was an...interesting case a couple years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliven_Bundy
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    And what's BLM?
    And BLM is "Black Lives Matter", a group in America who do and say some pretty dumb things in the name of advocating for black people.
    Actually considering Chris was talking about Cliven Bundy, he probably meant the Bureau of Land Management.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 05, 2017 at 05:37 PM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    he probably meant the Bureau of Land Management.
    Yes I was referring to the Bureau of Land Management (a Government Agency that has a major presence in the Western U.S.) should have spelled that out. https://www.blm.gov/. It has been targeted by armed militia groups and the Bundy's in particular. Watch this fascinating episode of the documentary show Frontline: http://www.pbs.org/video/3000927581/

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    A small selection of the best of the best. Gotta hand it to Ubisoft they're marketing geniuses (or absolute morons who got lucky). 3 promo trailers and your entire marketing campaign is set well until release date. This is the one game both the GG and the SJW will buy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm having a very hard time trying to tell if those comments are trolls or not.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Wow. One of the dullest previews I've seen of any game, anywhere, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduDshCZFAs

A dog, a bunch of weapons and dozens of hapless nondescript bad guys. Is this the beginning of the end for AAA games?
    Last edited by Huberto; August 25, 2017 at 07:50 PM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

The Gameplay seems to be a copy-past of previous Far Cry titles. However I am still interested by the story-telling. Far Cry 2, 3 and 4 were amazing in this aspect so I am curious to see where will this title go.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hmm, i must say, FC4 cured me somehow in a mere final way to stop playing the franchise. While sure, still tons of fun game and well made plot and graphics anyway. etc., but no, with time, there is much too much idiocy, pure stupidy, in the gameplay.
    My main example: All few minutes AI "persons" at roads get killed by car-"accidents", partially just "comrades" which you tried to rescue formerly (minutes or seconds before). I consider this a super-heavy dev bug from FC3 and even more experienced with FC4, iirc.. Destroying somewhere someday the possible immersion. Judging that based on extreme long playing FC3 and far less FC4. This AI behaviour is not fixable via modding. Btw., certain mods are must-haves, imo., and there FC3 has the best possible calling Ziggy's Mod (Nexus).
    I bought somewhere in the past all Far Cry games (just the older titles, too, in a sale), but as of yet, i believe they will remain dustcatchers. And i think, i'll give FC5 no chance, perhaps in future with 75% off sale.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 07, 2018 at 04:49 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

The game looks like a lot of fun. Makes many improvements over the previous games while skipping some of the tedious aspects. I am sold on the basis of gameplay alone. The "killing religious fanatics" part is an awesome added bonus.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I thought full auto weapon is illegal in Murica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I would not know. But it makes sense that they are legal in a county controlled by deranged neckbeards.
    Last edited by prithupaul; March 13, 2018 at 12:54 AM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I can't wait for the game.

Who use full auto anyway ? And who does not use full auto mode in video games ?

Blog Entries

I actually have been running around with a scoped AC-R set to single shot and it has been working wonders.

Anyway...This game is a blast. I'm not a huge fan of some of the changes but it is a fun game nonetheless. It will take me a while to get through the 130+ missions though

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Well theoretically, the shooting ranges/gun stores, police station(s) in the county probably could have had a bunch of full auto weapons, and the cult raided them. That could be an explanation. Most of the other guns in the game a civilian can own though.

Overall, it's not bad, but I'd suggest waiting on a sale for it. The ai is extremely dumb, and the way the story is forced on you at times can be very annoying. You'll have a capture party come after you no matter where you are and you'll get "captured" out of nowhere and forced into long trippy cutscenes. Also, it (the story) makes absolutely no sense on top of not being explained (so far in how much I have played). I don't know what kind of drug high is like this.

On top of that someone on the steam discussion brought up a really funny point. Why don't we just use any one of the planes or helicopters we get in game leave the county and get help taking the cult down?
    Last edited by SturmChurro; March 30, 2018 at 11:58 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Game is very fun but the ending is massively disappointing. Talking mass Effect 3 levels of disappointing.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The game is pretty fun. I love how relentlessly chaotic it gets. Although, once you kill the boss of a region, enemies pretty much stop spawning altogether, so that's a bummer.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

Yeah that's annoying.

So I finished it. I understand why people don't like the general ending of the game but I did, though it's a huge game changer in the overall Far Cry universe

I'm really enjoying the well deserved attention Far Cry 2 has been getting in the wake of this comparision video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8

What was once a very interesting exploration of game mechanics, game engine physics and setting through a serious story has degenerated into regurgitated AAA pablum. FC4 was my last outing with this franchise.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

That ending though. Never expected such a twist from a Ubisoft clone. BIG APPLAUD!.
    Last edited by gastovski; June 13, 2018 at 02:52 PM.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Hmm.. I got Mafia 3 for free recently with PSplus and purchased the premium for 20$ to get the 3 DLCs and whatever else came with it

Playing the Sign Of The Times DLC which came out nearly a year before FC5 and I couldn't help but notice Bonnie and Faith certainly share a lot of similarities in aesthetic at least though Bonnie has a far different manner of speech and motives They both make use of plant based hallucinogenic/mind controlling drugs to grow and maintain a following and also while through somewhat different means both have followers so drugged up they will charge at you with reckless abandon.. Bonnie is far more involved in voodoo type imagery but both her and Faith also float up into the air while the player is in an involuntarily drugged state.

Last edited by Krieglord; September 09, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast