Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Far Cry 5

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Far Cry 5

Ubisoft said that they'll make Far Cry 5 free to play this weekend (May 29 to May 31) with a discount for those who want to play it after that.

I'm wondering if anyone's going to give this a try and what your first impressions are. If anyone would like to write an After Action Report, you'd be welcome in the Writers' Study.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I picked this up last year and I have them all except FC1. The UBI shooter formula has gotten really stale and this game got boring as fast as any FC yet. The guns and religion extemist cult in America could have been an amazing setting, but it got sanitized into and apolitical drag. It's amazing really how steady and steep the decline has been with this series since FC2.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I agree Far Cry 5 is probably the weakest of the franchise. The setting could have been amazing but it was so poorly exploited that it turn out to be the least interesting. Contrary to previous titles, it never went beyond the Good Guys v.s. Bad Guys. Something Far Cry games always did until now. Though I think the message being too political partially explain why it failed on this lever. Rather than it be too "apolitical".

Still it has its moment of fun. So if you can take it for free I recommend it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123