Thread: Akaian League 0.2

Praepositus

Default Akaian League 0.2

Dear Mod Developers ,

Last september i did a critique to you about the unintelligent and indolent way you chose to name Achean league . Essentially instead of doing proper research you duplicated a name. I tried to point out the problem with a colorful use of language . Instead of apologizing for you mistake like a great person would do you chose to report and deny the mistake. I am a stakeholder of twc since 2007 I never before came to my perception such self pride and self admiration and myopic behavior among mod developers.

Not Sincerely
    jothegreek
    Last edited by jo the greek; May 24, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: Akaian League 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Dear Mod Developers ,

Last september i did a critique to you about the unintelligent and indolent way you chose to name Achean league . Essentially instead of doing proper research you duplicated a name. I tried to point out the problem with a colorful use of language . Instead of apologizing for you mistake like a great person would do you chose to report and deny the mistake. I am a stakeholder of twc since 2007 I never before came to my perception such self pride and self admiration and myopic behavior among mod developers.

Not Sincerely
    jothegreek
    Accusing the entire team of being myopic or having extreme self-admiration is pointlessly insulting, especially when most of the mod developers have absolutely nothing to do with the faction naming.

I believe it's spelled "Akaian" instead of "Achaean" because in English it's closer to the correct pronunciation of the word. It's the same in vanilla Rome 2.

It's just a name. You can very easily and trivially mod it yourself if you want. We'd be very happy if you created a submod upon release to correct this for people who prefer the traditional spelling.
    Last edited by Causeless; May 25, 2017 at 04:56 AM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

We did originally agree with this and said we'd look into it when we had less important things to work on. We did not chose to report you because you picked out a mistake... that would have been ridiculous as we'd have to have reported all 30+ of our testers
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quality thread. Thanks for sharing your sense of self worth OP, really appreciate it.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Jesus so childish. I got excited to see some work on the "Achaean" League done.

Perhaps u should start a war on the name Apeiros instead of Epeiros or Epirus.

*facepalm*
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Libertus

My god, somebody needs a hug.

So... I hereby request the mod team leaves the faction name as is. The only reasonable response to such a rude post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy_711 View Post
    My god, somebody needs a hug.

So... I hereby request the mod team leaves the faction name as is. The only reasonable response to such a rude post.
    I don't believe spite-driven mod development is the best strategy.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

That was some of the most conceited writing I've seen in a while. Like hey guys I'm white I'm going to use big words to showcase the fact I'm right and you're wrong while being as passive aggressive as possible! Like how dare anyone do things outside of my scope without my say so. Kid shut up and let the team do their job how the deem it fit, you can easily go into the files later and adjust to your own little beliefs; but for the meantime keep your obnoxious personality out of here.

The name was already changed in our/my text files. I'm surprised this is such a heated issue, and there's nothing really left to discuss so I'm just going to lock this.