Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Falcom Total War 1518 - Age of Discovery DOWNLOAD v1.0 beta

Default Re: Falcom Total War 1518 - Age of Discovery DOWNLOAD v1.0 beta

Please help me.
    Mod I really liked. But I can't play it.
    I have crashes in 1520 for any faction I would play. The departure occurs while waiting for their turn speed, at the moment when goes to Portugal happens the game crash

Finally I was able to attend to this, and I uploaded the updated whole mod. I do not put only the files changed because I did not write down which ones, and I edited a lot. The mod is complete (standalone) in this link, with the author's permission. It is based on version 1.0b

Falcom Total War 1518 - Age of Discovery DOWNLOAD v1.0c

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtI...pCLh45cBh/view

This is the changelog list from 1.0b:

-Last version of ReallyBadAI added
    -Incas, Mayas, Apaches and Aztecs obtain horses and gunpowder by fighting only 2 times against horses and gunpowder
    -Corrected text error about condottieri and others in text / export_unit
    -Edited artillery building on export_descr_building to build a max of 1, 2, 3, etc... cannons for level
    -same with cavalry
    -same with barracks
    -same with ports
    -Reduced the ammunition number of the generals and increased the damage from 1 to 15 export_descr_unit
    -Kongo crossbowmen> Light javeliners without shield PROBLEM: INVISIBLE KNIVES. If you know how add knives, I kiss you
    -Small changes on batab militia, onde men, and more units from Incas, Mayas, Apaches and Aztecas (similar to my mod "DLV Americas enhanced")
    -Small changes in pistol_bullet file
    -Hornet Throwers replacing Nacom Warriors (identical to batab militia), edited everything necessary, including several description files of projectiles and their green texture
    -Edited some Zimbabwean units, the tribesmen now have 1 unit of javelin and prec attack, and the unit images are edited to be consistent, the javelinmen now only use spear, the spearmen now fight as spearmen (not swordmen)
    -Holkans without shield and with stakes
    Last edited by Toranks; October 11, 2022 at 05:10 PM.

paste or share your log file with:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace

On your configuration.cfg file

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    paste or share your log file with:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace

On your configuration.cfg file
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai969 View Post
    Please help me.
    Mod I really liked. But I can't play it.
    I have crashes in 1520 for any faction I would play. The departure occurs while waiting for their turn speed, at the moment when goes to Portugal happens the game crash
    Here is my log. Look at what could be the problem.

Icon1 Re: Falcom Total War 1518 - Age of Discovery DOWNLOAD v1.0 beta

My cfg
    Attached Files Attached Files

melkorjv5's Avatar Laetus

I have crashes in 1520 turn 10 with sweden and Denmark.How i fix it ?

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello!

I got the final version, not the one in the first post.

When I try to begin a new campaign I got a CTD.

no idea what to do? should I get the patch in the first post?

language change ? in other mod with this required Chinese language change, even If I did, it did not work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Finally I was able to attend to this, and I uploaded the updated whole mod. I do not put only the files changed because I did not write down which ones, and I edited a lot. The mod is complete (standalone) in this link, with the author's permission. It is based on version 1.0b
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V30...ew?usp=sharing

This is the changelog list from 1.0b:

-Last version of ReallyBadAI added
    -Incas, Mayas, Apaches and Aztecs obtain horses and gunpowder by fighting only 2 times against horses and gunpowder
    -Corrected text error about condottieri and others in text / export_unit
    -Edited artillery building on export_descr_building to build a max of 1, 2, 3, etc... cannons for level
    -same with cavalry
    -same with barracks
    -same with ports
    -Reduced the ammunition number of the generals and increased the damage from 1 to 15 export_descr_unit
    -Kongo crossbowmen> Light javeliners without shield PROBLEM: INVISIBLE KNIVES. If you know how add knives, I kiss you
    -Small changes on batab militia, onde men, and more units from Incas, Mayas, Apaches and Aztecas (similar to my mod "DLV Americas enhanced")
    -Small changes in pistol_bullet file
    -Hornet Throwers replacing Nacom Warriors (identical to batab militia), edited everything necessary, including several description files of projectiles and their green texture
    -Edited some Zimbabwean units, the tribesmen now have 1 unit of javelin and prec attack, and the unit images are edited to be consistent, the javelinmen now only use spear, the spearmen now fight as spearmen (not swordmen)
    -Holkans without shield and with stakes
    I have a problem, in turn 10 with the incas the game closes al avanzar the turn. download your version.
    In Falcom Total War 1518 normal does that happen?

Please, make some kind of micropatch to reduce constant crashes at the end of turn, because this mod is awesome and it would be shame to become forgotten.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Mod is not still available. Do we have a link?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Could anybody who has the edited/updated version of 1.0b please share a download link? I'd really like to gain ahold of that version of the mod.

Sorry for the long delay and the confusion of the loss of the link.
    I have restored the link in the original post. There is another person interested in continuing the work with this mod, not me. I was satisfied with what I had years ago except for one problem. I changed the Kongo Crossbowmen, very unrealistic for my taste for their civilization, for light javeliners. But these fought melee with invisible knives. I didn't know how to fix it but a knife is such a small thing that it didn't significantly alter the gameplay.
    I stopped playing Total War for a while waiting for the release of updates for some huge mods as Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Warcraft, etc... but I really want to go back, I will never leave it, for me it is still the best real-time war strategy game. I really want to see how mods have evolved over the years.

Falcom Total War 1518 - Age of Discovery DOWNLOAD v1.0c (fixed)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtI0Bprt7gBGTtTyfBtJhOgpCLh45cBh/view?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT: APPLY THE 4GB PATCH if you want to play this huge mod. If you don't have it, crashes are common and unavoidable, although shouldn't always happen at the same point, like the ones you say about 1520. Crashes at a determinate turn may be a different cause.

If someone can test if the Incas, Sweden, Denmarks... etc crashes the game in the first 10-20 turns, I could try to fix it, but nothing more.
    Here left the legacy for the next. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Toranks; October 11, 2022 at 05:07 PM.

Hey mate, in this link is only FTW3 (1080 AD campaign), not the Age of Discovery. Can you upload new one with 1518. campaign?

Sorry, I made a mistake uploading the mod again. It had been so long that I forgot that it was a different folder, 1518 and not FalcomTW3
    I feel terrible for the error and the delay, but the link in all the posts is already corrected. Verified

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtI...ew?usp=sharing

Started playing as Rus, got attacked by two fullstakcs of event spawned Swedes on turn 1, repeatable. And as far as i understood from this thread, there never was actually completed version of this mod, is this correct?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123