Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: [TES HS] Interregnum I

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [TES HS] Interregnum I

Anequina up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5vggzz
    Bribed a redguard merchant aswell killed 2 with assassins. The forces around taneth were thinned down and the great city with the redguard king inside is under siege and their last battle is upon them. The great seas once again are under dominion control as several fleets of pact were defeated utterly and our naval order is restored. Valenwood's expeditionary force defeated the wayrest army not so far from taneth and joined the siege.

Meanwhile the troops of the dominion arrived quiet dizzy and confused. Their situation got worse when the generals realized the forces are separated. The Altmer army under Warlord Sorcalin hailed the Nord army and with a few talks as the alliance between the dominion and the pact still fresh the nords told Sorcalin to bugger off. To make better of the situation and to make a safe zone Sorcalin's army besieged a daedra fortification, which after captured will serve as a good rendezvous point and camping base.
    The Bosmer army within coldharbour experienced the same fate as the rest and the lack of forests were quiet concerning for the bosmer troops, however their general rallied them and soon marched to lay siege on a daedra fort to capture it and to make a safe camping place for the time.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; September 18, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Undead up
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Playing now. Dragon also apparently forgot to post pics for game changing battles around Taneth...

EDIT

Ebonheart Pact up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/li16bl...ct_30.sav/file

Dominion fined by 1,5k for having two forts manned with only one unit in each. Those units were used in a nearby siege of Fort Roseguard, where it could have meant a difference.

Alliance Events
    I. Covenant

Crown of Rivenspire

The Ring of Daggers reports that the endless conflicts between noble houses of Rivenspire might be a spark for a full scale civil war...

II. Dominion

Dominion Hero

General Endare The Butcher rebelled against The Dominion, and took her Jade Dragoons somewhere into Valenwood wilderness...

III. Pact

Crown of Freydis

There are rumours that Fildgor Orcthane, brother of High King Jorunn, intends to return home...

Last edited by Jadli; September 24, 2018 at 02:19 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Here are the pictures again:
    https://imgur.com/a/K6nDKR0

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Morrowind, Skyrim turn done, save sent to keldo

edit: BM done, Covenant up https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ovanent_30.sav
    Last edited by Mergor; September 28, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Dominion up! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wLg...ew?usp=sharing

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/NXXo2vH.jpg

The Covenant has lost a major battle, but the fight isn't over yet. She assembles her strength, and prepares to fight again. Men are mustered, trained and readied to fight. The invaders will be driven back to the sea, and the Covenant shall rise again.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gaming Emeritus

Valenwood up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/d88gus

Captured the great city and capital of the Redguards, Taneth! Their King lies dead now and their forces are crushed around Taneth or are in the process of mopping up. Their mighty fleet chased away from the docks of Taneth got sunked by the Dominion grand fleet. The besiegers of Northhalls has been thined down and a small scouting force has been chased away aswell.
    https://imgur.com/a/ZXRjKBs

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Undead up

Gaming Emeritus

Ebonheart Pact up!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekcecv...ct_31.sav/file

The Dominion received one point for killing King Fahara'jad al-Antiphyllos.
    Let me know if there are any other such points I missed.

Alliance Events
    I. Covenant

A Civil War erupts in Rivenspire!

When Ranser was defeated, High King Emeric of Wayrest allowed a triumvirate of the three most prominent houses (Tamrith, Dorell, Montclair) to rule over Rivenspire until he found a suitable replacement to become the new King of Shornhelm. Shornhelm has remained kingless for years as a result of this. Baron Wylon of House Montclair asserted his claim to the throne, being the grandson and sole remaining heir of Ranser's predecessor King Hurlbut, but many seems hesitant to trust the Montclairs. After the tragic death of his wife, Wylon Motclair seeks to take over the whole region by force by getting rid of House Dorell and House Tamrith. House Montclair chose the path of necromancy, and the members of house itself became vampires.

"The Breton people of the Markwasten Moor and Shornhelm heights have a long and storied history, with much to be proud of: the Trammeling of the Giants in the time of legends; the Purge of the Wyrd-Hags in the Year of Sun's-Death (which restored Magnus to the skies of the Mundus); and the Charge of the Montclair Knights (often erroneously referred to as the Charge of the Shornhelm Knights) at the Battle of Glenumbria Moors. Through all this tumultuous history, the people of Rivenspire are fortunate to have been ably led, through times of terror and triumph, by the noble lords of the House of Montclair. It is true that the Barons of House Montclair have not always been selected by fate to also reign as King of Shornhelm. But the Montclairs count humility among their many virtues, and have often been willing to defer to pretenders with weaker claims to royalty in the interest of peace. That this humility has sometimes been tragically over-indulged was sadly proven in the case of my father—Phylgeon, 38th Baron Montclair. As all students of Breton history know, the greatest post-Reman monarch of Shornhelm was King Hurlburt, who led our army at the Battle of Granden Tor and ruled the North from 2E 522 until his death in 546. Hurlburt was of House Branquette, 21st Count of the Name, and had taken as his queen Countess Iphilia of Montclair. When King Hurlburt died his legitimate son, Prince Phylgeon, was only fourteen years of age, and though his inheritance was championed by House Montclair, Houses Branquette and Tamrith supported his elder half-brother, Prince Ranser, who had been born out of wedlock to a poor Tamrith cousin. (House Dorell, typically aloof, declined to endorse either candidate.).
    What is less well known is the behind-the-scenes maneuvering that led to Ranser being crowned King of Shornhelm rather than Phylgeon. The advisors of the young Baron Montclair (his mother had predeceased King Hurlburt by a mere two years) contended that he, as the legitimate son, was the proper heir to the throne—a claim further buttressed by language in a codicil to the famous "Bretonnick Natalitie" that declared "Howse Mount Clayre" the royal house of Shornhelm. The Council of the North met to consider the various claimants, but during their deliberations the Montclair advisors found that the Bretonnick codicil had gone missing, while Prince Ranser brought forth a suspiciously long-lost Direnni decree that named House Branquette their "Breton Royal Delegates" in Rivenspire.
    The vote of the Council was a narrow victory for Prince Ranser, thereafter King Ranser of Shornhelm. Some of Prince Phylgeon's advisors urged him to fight for the crown, but the young prince declined, preferring to become simply the Baron of Montclair.
    Oh, fateful humility! We all know where Phylgeon's deference led—to the tragic events of 566 and the insurrection against the First Daggerfall Covenant in what is known (to our shame) as Ranser's War. According to the standard histories, all the noble houses—Montclair, Tamrith, even Dorell—answered King Ranser's call to muster and marched behind his banner in his fatal war against High King Emeric and the South. What is not generally known is that Count Phylgeon of Montclair was uncertain of the rightness of Ranser's cause, and offered to both Kings Ranser and Emeric to serve as a peace envoy between the two sides. High King Emeric's reply has been lost to history, but Ranser's angry refusal is well known. Once again my father deferred to his elder half-brother, and the Montclair Knights joined Ranser's doomed army.
    In the immediate aftermath of King Ranser's fall, Rivenspire fell into chaos. The Crown of Shornhelm went missing during the Battle of Traitor's Tor, and the fateful "Direnni decree" that elevated Ranser to the throne has likewise not been seen since. The death of Ranser was the end of the line of House Branquette, and since then there has been no King of Shornhelm, Rivenspire having been jointly ruled by the triumvirate Council of the North. That body has tried, with the best of intentions, to keep peace and order in the northern counties, but nobody, if they were speaking honestly, would say the Council's efforts have sufficed. Shornhelm—and the North—need a King.
    And why shouldn't they have one? If I may speak frankly, setting aside, however regretfully, the traditional Montclair mantle of humility, then I must confess that I, Baron Wylon of Montclair, am certainly the legitimate heir to the throne of Shornhelm. My grandfather was King Hurlburt, and I descend from him in the direct and legitimate line of succession, a claim no one else in the North can make. (That also makes me the sole living heir to the domain of the Branquettes, much of which was unfairly parceled out to the Tamriths and Dorells, but no—humility, always humility!)
    Furthermore, at this critical juncture I am fortunate to be able to announce that the long-missing Bretonnick Codicil has been found by the Montclair house historian, the operative clause of which I shall quote here: "... seeing all in order then in Sharn Helm and its Lands Contyguous, the most royale and high … (unintelligible) … appointeth in Perpetuitie sayde Howse Mount Clayre in rulership over ... (unintelligible) … and Sharn Helm. So mote it bee." People of Rivenspire, Baron Wylon of Montclair is prepared to do his duty."

- From Shornhelm, Crown City of The North, a montclair propaganda, by Lord Wylon, 39th Baron Montclair.

Effects

The Covenant mustnt let House Montclair control all of Rivenspire in the same time (not counting Ravenwatch Castle) throughout the entire conflict. For accomplishing that, the covenant shall receive a point.

Kill at least one member of House Montclair in 3 turns (since the fall of Northpoint). At least one member of each house, Dorell and Tamrith, must survive the conflict and not become vampires. However, they must be in Rivenspire and take part in the war personally (if some of the members of these houses are not nearby, I can move them on admin turn, but they mustnt be inside settlements or have any units). For accomplishing that, the covenant shall receive a point.

Destroy House Monctlair faction in 6 turns (since the fall of Northpoint). At least one member of house montclair must be killed by Count Verandis Ravenwatch.
    At least one member of each house, Dorell and Tamrith, must survive the conflict and not become vampires. However, they must be in Rivenspire and they must take part in the war personally. For accomplishing that, the covenant shall receive a point.

(King Wylon Montclair offers Allard Dorrel, the defender of Northpoint, his life in exchange for the city. He however has to disband all units, and leave the city empty in order to save its population. Otherwise the siege shall begin, and many innocent people die....)

II. Dominion

Dominion Hero

General Endare, The Hero (sometimes also called Butcher) of Cormount, the leader of elite dominion troops called Jade Dragoons, has begun excavations in The Falinesti Winter Site, in an attempt to obtain Rajhin's Mantle. This powerful relic is essential (tho not necessary
    ) for quenn Ayrenn's ratification ceremony. The Traitors shall be stopped before they find the artefact...

Effects

(At least one of major political dominion character must attend the fights for both points)

If The Dominion manages to take at least one of the forts in 3 turns, they shall receive a point.

If The Dominion manages to kill Generale Endare and destroy all Jade Dragoons in 6 turns, they shall receive a point.
    At least one of major political dominion character must attend the fights.

* The forts are allowed to be taken only by a siege. Its not allowed to use bribes, siege equipment, agents etc.

III. Pact

Crown of Freydis

Fildgor Orcthane returns!

Fildgor was the second son of Queen Mabjaarn, twins with Jorunn and younger brother of their sister Nurnhilde. While his brother studied the art of the skald at a young age, Fildgor who favored martial prowess explored the western lands of Skyrim to see its people where he met and befriended the Stormfist Clan. Although not of their own clan, eventually he became its leader and formed the Stormfist Brigade, where he and the Stormfists grew in reputation as brave adventurers. It was during Dir-Kamal's invasion of Skyrim that the Stormfist Brigade was put to the test. Fildgor and the Stormfists took back the beleaguered city from the Akaviri invaders, but not before the Queen and his older sister was killed. With the throne left vacant, Fildgor claimed the throne of Skyrim, only to be challenged by Jorunn who believed Fildgor's warlike intentions would bring ruin to Skyrim. To prevent a civil war, Jorunn challenged his brother to single combat, defeating Fildgor and exiling his brother from his lands. Since then, he has taken on the name Fildgor Orcthane, gathering the strength of his Stormfist allies and befriending Covenant and Orcish forces, waiting for a perfect time to strike against his brother. Fildgor has returned and he sent his champion to represent the Stormfist Clan in the celebrations in Windhelm, the Stormfist Clan struck during the final contest at the Hall of Trials and charged at King Jorunn and his retinue! Afterwards, Fildgor sent his troops to capture Winterhold!

He is after the remains of Nurnhilde.... Fildgor plans to merge with Nurnhilde's spirit in Sovngarde, forcing the Crown of Freydis to recognize him. This would allow him to usurp Jorunn and become High King! If he suceeded in that, the Pact might fall apart...

Effects

To answer this crisis that threatens the entire Pact, The Pact can send reinformences from the other two factions, the argonians and dunmer. Each can send one army of their choosing (maximally a half stack), they would be transported in the proximity of Winterhold on the next admin turn.

Windhelm mustnt fall
    throughout the entirety of the conflict. Fildgor Orcthane must be killed by High King Jorunn. If the Pact manages that, they shall receive a point.

The Pact mustnt loose more than 3 settlements in Eastmarch to the Stormfist Brigade throughout the entirety of the conflict. Retaking the same settlement counts. If the Pact manages that, they shall receive a point.

Armies of The Stormfist Brigade must be decisively defeated in 6 turns at latest (and Fildgor Orcthane must be killed). If the Pact manages that, they shall receive a point.

- If Winterhold falls, or if High King Jorunn is slained by his brother, or if The Stormfist Brigade is not defeated in 6 turns, Fildgor Orcthane might be able to usurp the kingship of Eastern Skyrim, causing The Ebonheart Pact to fall apart, by Skyrim leaving it.
    - High King Jorunn must attend this event.

Last edited by Jadli; October 08, 2018 at 06:46 AM.

Turn passed to blackmarsh

Blog Entries

I'll need an extension till tomorrow please.

Edit, turn done! Dominion up

As the fearsome usurper Wylon Motclair approached Northpoint, messengers were sent south and east, to find any members of the covenant nearby whom might be able to aid them in the struggle. With the messengers away, Alard prepares the defences of the city, preparing for a long and costly siege. As he's inspecting the wall defenses he sees the fearsome army, outnumbering him with more than 4 times as many men. And these men were warriors and nobles. Clad in heavy armour and experienced in many a battle, Alard stood little chance of opposing them. The enemy line halted one mile or so from the walls, and started to set up camp, probably preparing Allard, and the people of Northpoints doom. A few days ran by, and the enemy army looked ready to advance.

Suddenly, he spotted a small envoy trotting forward. He recognized the personal banner the self-proclaimed King Montclair himself. They stopped a few hundred meters away from the city, out of arrow-range. Allard found his own banner carrier, and assembled a few men from his personal bodyguard, the only men in the city with any experience in war. He mounted his horse, and sallied out to meet the foe. He calmly rode towards Montclair, and stopped 20 feet short. "Halt!" Montclair proclaimed. "Your situation is hopeless, you have almost no men, and you cannot oppose us. Give up your life and forfeit your city. Disband your troops, and offer us no resistance when we march into the city. If you do so, the people won't be harmed. Refuse, and you will be destroyed. The city and the people too, the Montclairs are the true rulers of Rivenspire!". Allared sighed, and jolted as to move forward, but halted abruptly when horns sounded from the south, from the opposite end of the city. "What was that?" demanded Montclair, but Allard gave but a soft smile and spurred his horse back. "Charge! Kill him! Kill them all!" shouted Montclair, and started charging towards Allared.

Seeing that he could not outrun the enemy, he came to a halt, and turned to fight. However, Montclair quickly stopped in his tracks. The City Watch was running out from the city, together with the source of the horn blast. Eselde Tamrith herself had ran north, bringing with her the much larger garrison from Shornhelm. They streamed out of the gate, and came into their battle lines. Montclair quickly turned, and ran back towards his camp to assemble his own troops. Allard rode back to his own line, and met Eselde with a smile. "Forward!" He shouted, and the garrison marched forward in good order. They were still less men than Montclairs force, and worse equipped and experienced, but they would fight to the death for their home. Northpoint would not fall. It could not. The lines met with the sound of thunder and clashing steel. Man met man. There was no other army nearby. This would be it. The victor here would control Rivenspire, and the loser would die. Neither side wished for the latter, though Allard and Eselde were in a tight spot.

The battle dragged on, with the men of Northpoint and Shornhelm slowly being pushed back. They fought valiantly and held the line, but they were outnumbered and outmatched. To the east, the watchers on the walls could watch ships approaching. More reinforcements from Montclair, sent to wreck chaos on the people most likely. The defenders had to fight on. Montclair was fighting in the front, with his sword bearing down upon many a watchman, laughing as the bloodlust engulfed him. As he pressed on, the defenders ended up pressed almost against the wall, and Allard and Eselde fought side by side. Then another set of horns sounded from the east, and all attention was turned that way.

Sensing the distraction in the forces of Montclair, Allard, Eselde and their bodyguard charged into the centre, aiming straight to where Wylon himself was fighting. They managed to charge into the lines, and came face to face with him. However, Montclair did not care for them, and had all his attention elsewhere. Barking orders at his nearby bannermen, he slipped out of the line, and yelled for others to form up. That was when Allard saw it. A mass of green-clad orcs charging from the east, eager to be rid of Wylon and his men.

Wylon couldn't turn his men in time. Locked in combat with the tired defenders, they were unable to react to the orc charge, which smashed into their lines from the back. Now trapped, he could do nothing but fight. He rallied his bodyguard, and tried to press through the enemy and escape, as Allard and his company was weakened. However. as he charged forward and stroke his sword down, he was met with the clash of steel. Allard stood before him, and they engaged in a ferocious duel. Steel met steel, and they did their best to best each other.

In the end, Allard had it in for him. With most of the Montclair troops in the rear lying dead, the Orcs had almost stood face to face with the defenders of Northpoint. One of the more aggressive halbediers ran forward, and stabbed Montclair in the side, causing him to wince and turn, slicing the head of the orc clean off. However, this gave Allard the opportunity he had so badly needed, and drove his sword deep into Wylon Montclairs chest, sending him to the ground. Rhobert and Lrey were also felled in a similar way, with the two of them pressing Eselde to her absolute edge, before being relieved by the Orcs.

Thus ended the rebellion of Wylon Montclair. His army was in tatters, his family dead and himself slain upon the battlefield. Rivenspire was safe, and so was the city of Northpoint. No more blood would be shed today.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Also, I love the dadric priest names, it seems he walked Tamriel many years before the Oblivion Crisis
    Last edited by King Athelstan; October 15, 2018 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Turn+rp done
    and Peaman

Gaming Emeritus

Valenwood up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/kwcdpd
    Killed some targers and bought out a merchants. Lifter the siege on the fort west from Northhalls. Also conquered two forts in the Region of Taneth with overwhelming forces.
    https://imgur.com/a/v6cwn21

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Undead up

Gaming Emeritus

Will not be able to play this till sunday at soonest, likely monday

Gaming Emeritus

Terribly sorry for the big delay, have been busy recently

Ebonheart Pact up!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugjxcg...ct_32.sav/file

Alliance Events
    I. Covenant

Uhm, I made a mistake and didnt notice the hidden units, which ended the entire rebellion in a turn... Well, I suppose I gotta give Athelstan the points and rewards (and honestly, I dont think at this point Athelstan can turn the war around anyway...)

Points gained in total = 3 of 3

Reward
    (for High Kingdom of High Rock)

15 000 gold (5000 per each point) + Kingdom of Rivenspire (trait) given to either Esselde Tamrith or Allard Dorell, depending on whom you decide to crown The King of Rivenspire (as it turned out The Triumvirate wasnt the best idea...)

Furthermore, The Covenant can pick from following rewards: 6 units of Breton Dismounted Nobles or 1 trebuchet (Sharnhelm) or 2 carracks (Nortphoint)

Ancillaries Covenant General, Ring of Daggers and agent variant (spies, assassins) of Ring of Daggers can be given to 3 breton general/agent by your choice. Such general musnt already have any other governor/special ancillary, so preferrably new adopted generals.

In that is also included another option, which is vampyrism. You can either cure one of your characters that currently is s vampire (including those only having first stage of the disease). Or instead, if you have a character that is vampire, his trait can be increased to another level, making him one of the mightiest vampires of Tamriel... (that is counted into the 3 generals above)

II. Pact

Crown of Freydis

Winterhold has fallen... PIC

Subbed keldo, Covenant up https://www.sendspace.com/file/fhkpm5

Blog Entries

Apologies, I thought I could wait a day then became very busy and subsequently paid this little thought, turn will be up tomorrow
    and Peaman