Thread: Trying to Mod Starting Diplomacy

Icon5 Trying to Mod Starting Diplomacy

And I'm failing. Specifically I'm trying to mod Oda and Tokugawa's starting diplomacy from at War to Neutral in the standard campaign.

I've d/l MMS and PFM, and have managed to use TWeak to change the desired values in the database. Tutorial videos I've watched say to Export to binary but the Startpos Diplomacy table doesn't appear in the list of tables for exporting.

I've tried building the pack using BOB but I'm unclear what I should be selecting from the 3 columns presented (raw data, working data, retail) and nothing I try is giving the desired effect. When I start a campaign they're still starting at war.

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Trying to Mod Starting Diplomacy

I managed to successfully do this, I dont remember all the steps becuz it was years ago,

But basically you need to do your editing for this inside Tweak.

Theres a diplomacy start pos file in there, you need to edit the values for both the Oda and Tokugawa side to neutral.
    Then you save, and check all startpos box (which will auto check a ton of boxes) and then export, Game will launch a load screen, (if errors it will freeze) after a min or 2 itll close the game and say it was successful in BoB, congrats u made a modpack. make sure u select it on launch.

something like that

Default Re: Trying to Mod Starting Diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    I managed to successfully do this, I dont remember all the steps becuz it was years ago,

But basically you need to do your editing for this inside Tweak.

Theres a diplomacy start pos file in there, you need to edit the values for both the Oda and Tokugawa side to neutral.
    Then you save, and check all startpos box (which will auto check a ton of boxes) and then export, Game will launch a load screen, (if errors it will freeze) after a min or 2 itll close the game and say it was successful in BoB, congrats u made a modpack. make sure u select it on launch.

something like that

So I did what you mentioned and got the assembly kit. Opened up TWEAK, and found the start pos file. I modified the Oda and Tokugawa, but when I went to export that table, I couldn't find it in the option to export at all. What am I doing wrong?