Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer

I don't see this posted anywhere, so there you go. Enjoy =)

Click to view content: 
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 11, 2017 at 08:55 AM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer

I sooo wanted to see more of their troops, why this fixation on the flying dudes
    Guess not all assets are ready yet. Still, it was veeery nice

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Actually by the look of things the assets are done, we saw temple guards, regular saurus, bastiladons and of course the lovely Kroq-Gar on Grymloq.
    And of course the high elves where we finally saw some cool stuff, like a regular lord, mage(female one that, nice touch), bolt throwers which looks lovely, the archers, White lions, Swordmasters of Hoeth and of course the Eagles.
    There is alot of details in the background that you can pick out.
    But I enjoyed that they focused on a Skink chieftain on a terradon, not that I would ever put my skink chieftain on a Terradon when the Ripperdactyl is the clear superior beast but lizardmen players love their flying skinks.

I love these trailers. Shame the tactical battles are utter shite as well as the graphics. I feel like I am playing a moba.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

They show more High elves units than they race they trailer.
    We see next to no attack animations for the lizards but we see plenty of high elves ones.
    And this fixation on the Skink is stupid.

Kroq-Gar and Grimlock is the only thing good about the trailer.
    Don't do it CA....don't shaft the lizardmen.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The high elves did not look very good i think. The archers are bald and the shields just look off.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    The high elves did not look very good i think. The archers are bald and the shields just look off.
    The archers are not bald. They have their hair braided. Though I agree that the shields look somewhat strange.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I have got to say this is looking good. I don't really care about the elves but the lizardmen look really cool. I never thought I would be so excited about dinosaur total war

I like the big T-rex thing at the end. It was a nice touch to include the classic Jurassic Park roar.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Could be reading too much into this but did anyone else notice that the Skink chief A) looked to be in a unit of other terradons and B) Was still alive after losing its mount? Could be CA trying to hint at some developments, or I could just be dreaming.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I wouldn't read anything into it being alive after losing it's mount. I think that was just for drama.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The lizardmen are the first faction I have been actually looking forward to since Medieval 2. They look great.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

hehe, I want to play the skaven!!! but I guess ca is waiting till near release date to drop that awesome bomb.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Here's the Lizardmen roster

THE LIZARDMEN
    Millennia ago, besieged by a Chaos invasion, a conclave of High Elf mages forged a vast, arcane vortex. Its purpose was to draw the Winds of Magic from the world as a sinkhole drains an ocean, and blast the Daemonic hordes back to the Realm of Chaos. Now the Great Vortex falters, and the world again stands at the brink of ruin.
    Powerful forces move to heal the maelstrom and avert catastrophe. Yet others seek to harness its terrible energies for their own bitter purpose. The race is on, and the very fate of the world will lie in the hands of the victor.
    Atop his palanquin-throne, the Slann Mage-Priest Mazdamundi directs his Lizardmen war-hosts as they surge northward from Lustria. He is intent on preventing cataclysm, though the methods of The Old Ones must prevail.

LEGENDARY LORDS
    Players choosing the Lizardmen will be able to select from the following Legendary Lords with which to lead their Grand Campaign.

MAZDAMUNDI
    Lord Mazdamundi is the oldest and most powerful of the living Slann Mage-Priests. With a matchless mind unfathomable to others, Mazdamundi is obstinate in his ways and will not be deterred from that upon which he has decided. Although it took many interruptions to his thoughtful contemplations, at last the great Mazdamundi has stirred himself, shaking off the lethargy that has afflicted so many of his kind.
    When riled, the Lord of the Solar-City will levitate his palanquin-throne atop the largest Stegadon that can be found. The current beast, a colossal specimen named Zlaaq, has served Mazdamundi for almost five hundred years. Once aloft on his mount, Mazdamundi will march out at the head of the armies of Hexoatl. With a flick of his wrist, Mazdamundi has smashed cities and doomed armies. His Great Purpose does not allow for mercy…

KROQ-GAR
    Kroq-Gar is an ancient Saurus, the last remaining warrior from the now ruined temple-city of Xhotl. It was none other than the great Lord Mazdamundi that summoned Kroq-Gar to his temple-city, choosing him to lead the great Saurus armies that remained. Since that day, Mazdamundi has assigned Kroq-Gar the sacred task of exterminating those creatures not part of the Old Ones’ Great Plan.
    Over this long existence, Kroq-Gar has fought many wars – leading the armies of Hexoatl, or joining other hosts to aid them in battle. There is no continent upon which Kroq-Gar and Grymloq have not fought, but for the last defenders of Xhotl, the battle is not yet over.

ROSTER
    Caster Lord
    Lord Mazdamundi can use the mounts Platform or Zlaqq (Ancient Stegadon)
    Kroq-Gar can use the mounts Foot, Cold One, Horned One or Grymloq (Carnosaur)
    Slann Mage Priest can use the mount Platform

Melee Lord
    Saurus Old-Blood can use the mounts Foot, Cold One or Carnosaur

Melee Hero

Saurus Scat Veteran can use the mounts Foot, Cold One or Carnosaur

Missile Hero

Skink Chief can use the mounts Foot, Terradon, Stegadon & Ancient Stegadon

Caster Hero
    Skink Priest can use the mounts Foot, Terradon, Stegadon & Ancient Stegadon

Melee Infantry
    Skink Cohort (Shields
    Saurus Warriors
    Saurus Warriors (Shields)
    Saurus Spears
    Saurus Spears (Shields
    Temple Guards

Missile Infantry
    Skink Cohort (Javelins)
    Skink Skirmishers (Blowpipes)
    Chameleon Skinks

Melee Monstrous Infantry
    Kroxigors

Melee Cavalry
    Feral Cold Ones
    Cold One Riders
    Horned Ones

Flying Missile Cavalry
    Terradon Riders
    Terradon Riders (Fireleech Bolas)

Melee Monster
    Feral Bastiladon
    Feral Stegadon
    Feral Carnosaur

Missile Monster
    Bastiladon (Revivifaction Crystal)
    Bastiladon (Solar Engine)
    Stegadon (Giant Crossbow)
    Ancient Stegadon (Giant Blowpipes)

Lizardmen Roster Reveal - Stream Highlights (I believe)
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 18, 2017 at 05:36 AM.

Can someone explain to me what's an "in-engine trailer"?. Surely this is a "cinematic" trailer. Just a bit baffled by the choice of words...this some kind of new jargon...?

Otherwise nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's an "in-engine trailer"?. Surely this is a "cinematic" trailer. Just a bit baffled by the choice of words...this some kind of new jargon...?

Otherwise nice stuff.
    An in-engine trailer purports to be using the exact same engine that runs the game, eg the same graphics and lighting as you'd experience in-game. Its meant to make the trailer seem more trustworthy and representative than a cinematic trailer where the graphics are like 10x better than what you'll get in-game.
    I imagine in-engine trailers can still be unrepresentative however, such as in the case of Watch Dogs' E3 trailer where they claimed that was what the graphics would look like, and yet 2 years later the graphics were downgraded.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

What's up with this game and jumping units?
    All units jump it looks silly.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Temple Guard video
    Just me, or was the voiceover spoken too quickly? If you're doing a lore video such as this and teaching people about a whole new world, I reckon you should at least speak a bit slower so people can actually take in the new phrases and stuff. (Before anyone says anything, I of course know its a CA video, not made by Higo)

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    What's up with this game and jumping units?
    All units jump it looks silly.
    I'll agree it looks really dumb for low tier units, but for high tier units such as these it's kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    An in-engine trailer purports to be using the exact same engine that runs the game, eg the same graphics and lighting as you'd experience in-game. Its meant to make the trailer seem more trustworthy and representative than a cinematic trailer where the graphics are like 10x better than what you'll get in-game.
    I imagine in-engine trailers can still be unrepresentative however, such as in the case of Watch Dogs' E3 trailer where they claimed that was what the graphics would look like, and yet 2 years later the graphics were downgraded.
    And previously cinematic trailers werent done via the games engine? Sorry am still a bit baffled. Doesnt make sense you wouldnt use the graphics engine you design the units etc to not use for a cinematic/cut scene....

If anything the choice of words I think a bit leading. I.e you could argue they are saying look at this trailer and because it's the in-game engine that's more or less what you will see if you buy the game.

My spidey senses are tingling and am very very rarely wrong when I think I spot something fishy.

Why not call it "Cinematic trailer of the Lizardmen campaign using the Warscape engine (actual in-game units will/might differ)". You could say they are trying to be clever with the wording...or trying to hoodwink newcomers...i.e build up the hype.

Or in other words "games company speak that's meant to sound techy and great but actually it's just a normal cinematic trailer". Less please CA! Not amused.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; May 18, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    And previously cinematic trailers werent done via the games engine? Sorry am still a bit baffled. Doesnt make sense you wouldnt use the graphics engine you design the units etc to not use for a cinematic/cut scene....

If anything the choice of words I think a bit leading. I.e you could argue they are saying look at this trailer and because it's the in-game engine that's more or less what you will see if you buy the game.

My spidey senses are tingling and am very very rarely wrong when I think I spot something fishy.

Why not call it "Cinematic trailer of the Lizardmen campaign using the Warscape engine (actual in-game units will/might differ)". You could say they are trying to be clever with the wording...or trying to hoodwink newcomers...i.e build up the hype.

Or in other words "games company speak that's meant to sound techy and great but actually it's just a normal cinematic trailer". Less please CA! Not amused.
    Compare this trailer with The Grim and the Grave trailer (from 0:40 onwards). That trailer is much more representative of the gameplay, they've just made it much more awesome by being able to script where the units and camera will be at any given second.

In contrast, the Lizardmen trailer doesn't look like something you could expect in-game at all, the graphics are too good and the animations are too fluid (especially those banking animations on the flying things)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast