Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired By Trump

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired By Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Indeed. According to CNN a few minutes ago.
    The news on this is moving so fast I'm getting whiplash just trying to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    FBI tend to put stuff on record. It'd be irony if it's policy that burns Trump politically.
    Comey apparently made a solid habit of keeping things on record during the Bush administration, especially in regards to enhanced interrogation. It was one of the reasons Obama selected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    Jason Chafetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has issued a subpoena for the memos written by Comey. You can read it here (PDF warning).
    We all saw that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius Clodius Pulcher View Post
    Roma, you say all this, yet somehow Heathen Hammer is more subtle than President of the United States Donald Trump.
    I can't argue against that! I'm just trying to give some friendly advice and some pointers on how his posts can really hammer home what he wants to convey, without betraying whatever bias or underlying views he might have that would sully the message.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

From the news,
    President Trump should be very afraid of James Comey's memos

The Washington Post has confirmed the existence of contemporaneous notes from February in which Comey wrote that Trump had asked him to close the investigation into Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and instead focus more on leaks to reporters.
    In fact, Trump implicitly recognizes that the memo is a reliable document,
    I have been asking Director Comey & others, from the beginning of my administration, to find the LEAKERS in the intelligence community
    And...btw, keep in mind that the press is the enemy of the American people...according to a poll conducted by the Center for Politics,
    Last edited by Ludicus; May 17, 2017 at 05:22 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Comey's personal memo is a lose-lose for him and the Democrats:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...Lbm?li=BBnb7Kz

In the meantime members of WaPo's staff were caught celebrating that an article ran by the rag received a huge amount of traffic. Unfortunately for them witnesses who happened to be at the Trump-Russia meeting said it never happened.

I have to ask the question: Has the WaPo or any other left-wing publication/news station ever ran a positive story on Trump? If so I'd like to see it so I can print it out and have it framed.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I have to ask the question: Has the WaPo or any other left-wing publication/news station ever ran a positive story on Trump? If so I'd like to see it so I can print it out and have it framed.
    Would you like to live in a country where journalists get criticized for not running "positive" stories about political leaders? If so, lots of people in my neck of the woods would like to trade places with you.

By the way, it's worth mentioning that the journalist who broke this Comey memo story also broke Hillary Clinton's private email server story. Michael Schmidt, if you're curious. Fake news?
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

When Trump acts with prudence, justice, temperance and dignity I'm sure the positive articles will flow.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    Would you like to live in a country where journalists get criticized for not running "positive" stories about political leaders? If so, lots of people in my neck of the woods would like to trade places with you.

By the way, it's worth mentioning that the journalist who broke this Comey memo story also broke Hillary Clinton's private email server story. Michael Schmidt, if you're curious. Fake news?
    I'm not in your neck of the woods and I don't want my neck of the woods to end up looking like your neck of the woods. The news media has indeed published unverified stories on Trump which later turned out to be fabricated. Conversely, they went out of their way for 8 years to run cover for Hillary's and Obama's misdeeds, such as lying about Benghazi.

Since you mentioned Michael Schmidt, he was also in charge of the NYT's investigation of Hillary's e-mail scandal which turned out to be a total whitewash of the affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    When Trump acts with prudence, justice, temperance and dignity I'm sure the positive articles will flow.
    Media started to demolish Trump as soon as he started to represent a real threat for the presidency, way before becoming a president.
    Most of the stories are pumped and not benefit of the doubt is given to the man.
    The accusations about his connections with Russia are quite stupid: how many billionaires do you know that could claim never had any interest/business/knowing some russian oligarchs?
    It's normal for a person with his wealth having done/knowing high rank russian profiles.
    Sharing informations with the Russians?So what?How do you know doing that is against US's interests?
    I'd rather think that whoever leaks those infos is not pursuing americans interests while rather destabilizing the country to pursue his own agenda.

Everything there is about him is being blown out of proportion.
    Yeah Obama certainly was much better with his act: but that's all it is an act.
    Trump seems to be a despicable man, but I'd 100% choose him over Obama. With the first at least you know what to expect.
    With the second (or Clinton) you're only sure to get one lie after the other and no guarantee you'll ever know the truth.
    Last edited by invicta; May 17, 2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by invicta View Post
    Sharing informations with the Russians?So what?How do you know doing that is against US's interests?
    Well, this is the problem,Netanyahu and Trump speak on phone amid growing row over Russia

...The problem isn’t the information but the extremely sensitive sources [that were used] to obtain it, some of which took years of investment,” the paper quoted one source as saying. “The Russians aren’t stupid; they’re going to realise where it came from and either they or their allies, all of whom are enemies of Israel, will take appropriate measures.”
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    That looks to me more like incompetence than colluding with Russia.
    If he was colluding with Russia he would have denied the sharing of infos until his death.
    Him being manoeuvred by ridiculous as an accusation. Until proven wrong, US is way more powerful than Russia. Since when the least powerful can dictate what to do to the more powerful?

No matter what business he has conducted or conducts in Russia. It'll be still a fraction of his wealth.
    There's no way he would risk everything (more than everything actually..also things like reputation and not just his own, but the one of the whole family and for generations to come)..and for what?

He might be despicable, he might be incompetent for politics but there's no way he'd so idiot to risk everything for a grain of salt (comparatively speaking). He doesn't need to.

And about his own incompetence and no experience with politics: the americans who voted him voted him exactly because of this, because they were tired of politicians that were too good with their acts and lies. At least imo.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I certainly agree that the invective meant to portray his policies as racist or even fascist is completely without merit and the allegations that he nefariously colluded with Russia as of yet has failed to pan out. However, daily Trump confirms the worst criticism of his character. Namely that he is impulsive, petulant, self aggrandizing, an amateur.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Comey's personal memo is a lose-lose for him and the Democrats:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...Lbm?li=BBnb7Kz
    Wait. Are you saying that following Department policy is bad?

Remember, Comey's not a politician.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 17, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I dont think Comey would have been retained under a Hillary Clinton admin either does anyone else?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I dont think Comey would have been retained under a Hillary Clinton admin either does anyone else?
    If she didn't keep him she'd have had him resign on the 20th.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Wait. Are you saying that following Department policy is bad?

Remember, Comey's not a politician.
    If Trump made an illegal request to Comey he would have been lawfully required to report it to the Justice Department when it happened. He did not do that. This means that either Comey broke the law by not reporting it or it never happened and the story is another fabricated bit of news.

If Trump made an illegal request to Comey he would have been lawfully required to report it to the Justice Department when it happened. He did not do that. This means that either Comey broke the law by not reporting it or it never happened and the story is another fabricated bit of news.
    That's not for DOJ to determine and Comey knows that. DOJ has said this itself at least twice through the years. That's on Congress's head through the impeachment process. All Comey could do is keep record as Department policy dictates.

Get your straight.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    This post reads like someone outside the US latching onto the American conservative/libertarian movement with the wet dream and ultimate goal of having the entire American federal government completely dismantled, so that it no longer poses a challenge to certain other powers on the world stage (cough Russia cough). If that's what this is about, then my advice would be to demonstrate a little less transparency. Most people are going to read this post of yours and say "WTF?" quietly to themselves before dismissing it as wild rambling. If you're trying to sow discord among Americans and promote anarchy/division, you have to be a bit more subtle.
    So far, the biggest adversary that US federal government has is... its own population. But that can be said about Russian government as well (just to get this out of the way before more paranoid rambling about how anyone criticizing deep state is a Russian spy), as well as EU. That should apply not only to government structures themselves, but to financial institutions behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So far, the biggest adversary that US federal government has is... its own population.
    The biggest adversary of the elected officials is trying to satisfy their voters vs their donors. The rest of the government just tends to show up to work nine to five and enact law as policy. a classic case of not knowing how things work.
    Last edited by Iskar; May 18, 2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: personal reference removed
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

The biggest adversary of the elected officials is trying to satisfy their voters vs their donors. The rest of the government just tends to show up to work nine to five and enact law as policy. a classic case of not knowing how things work.
    Federal government represents the interests of the financial elites (somewhat represented by the donors you've mentioned). Just like mass media, which gets gullible people to actually believe that "government is just there to enact laws as policy".

That's not for DOJ to determine and Comey knows that. DOJ has said this itself at least twice through the years. That's on Congress's head through the impeachment process. All Comey could do is keep record as Department policy dictates.

Get your straight.
    Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. Comey was legally required to report any illegal impropriety to the Attorney General at the time it took place. He didn't.

Senator Grassley has requested that all of Comey's personal notes be submitted. That includes those notes on meetings he had with Obama; specifically any notes on meetings concerning Hillary's e-mail investigation. The doo-doo is getting around knee high and the potential for waist high doo-doo concerning Democrat irregularities is rising exponentially.

Senator Grassley has requested that all of Comey's personal notes be submitted. That includes those notes on meetings he had with Obama; specifically any notes on meetings concerning Hillary's e-mail investigation. The doo-doo is getting around knee high and the potential for waist high doo-doo concerning Democrat irregularities is rising exponentially.
    If that's the case then Republicans are swimming in it.
    When the doctrine of allegiance to party can utterly up-end a man's moral constitution and make a temporary fool of him besides, what excuse are you going to offer for preaching it, teaching it, extending it, perpetuating it? Shall you say, the best good of the country demands allegiance to party? Shall you also say it demands that a man kick his truth and his conscience into the gutter, and become a mouthing lunatic, besides?
    Mark Twain