Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gothic TW: CoM - DISCUSSION THREAD (please address here for comments. I'll happily answer)

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM - DISCUSSION THREAD (please address here for comments. I'll happily answer)

Ah ok I see then, sorryt for the weird question haha...

Btw, yes, mainly it's due to the total amount of scripted monitors and historic events which trigger any turn...

Try as well to install Large Adress Aware, it's an application which forces the MII engine to run using an extra space of RAM (MII is set for usage of single core being an old game, hence LAA forces it to use that core fully)... it can help too for speeding up..

https://helloacm.com/large-address-aware/

eatme's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Gothic TW: CoM - DISCUSSION THREAD (please address here for comments. I'll happily answer)

Thanks for answers. LAA is good to make sure that game itself runs more smoothly with gfx and script intensive mods (meaning fps and less visual stuttering). It will not impact load times however.. You were also right to point out single thread tasking at that.
    Having said that, what you could do is look for ways to optimize the script. Which would be tricky, given how outdated the MTW2 engine is.

In case there could be some optimization by reducing the monitors of the scripts and putting together two or three into once... although it may mean some seconds gained but considerable editings of the scripts...

Mhm, I'll evaluate in case, or redirect the proposal to the other members (not currently available)..

Leandro, go to VK pls

Hey Markus!!

Yep, I saw...
    briefly summaring:

My team-mate is active again and will take care to do new editings and add additional content to the mod, bringing GTW CoM to the version 2.7..

GTW fans, I'll keep you informed about new content when near-to-be-ready

First of all i love your mod and have been playing it for a long time.

So i wanted to play it again but it just crashes at some point mostly at turn 6 - 10 and i don't know why..
    I have the game on steam but installed it as instructed and did everything as stated. Could you please help me with this issue as i don't know what to do anymore.
    I already reinstalled it, did the 4gb ram patch on the exe and so on..

some unexpected crashes may happen when a faction is wiped out...
    my team-mates are making editings to the scripts for the 2.7 version, i'll try to provide edited scripts if/when available..

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    some unexpected crashes may happen when a faction is wiped out...
    my team-mates are making editings to the scripts for the 2.7 version, i'll try to provide edited scripts if/when available..
    Hey man, what is the reason behind not uploading Gothic to MODDB directly?

My advice is to also upload DBM to the site.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

hey Mr_Nygren, sorry for the late answer...

the big problem is my dropbox is full (stuff for my job, cannot delete it xD )
    that's why I chose other hosting sites like Mega, Mediafire and GoogleDrive... all in all downloading speed shouldn't be a big problem, in general I guess at least..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12