Thread: Modellers who want to help updating the rosters - look here!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Modellers who want to help updating the rosters - look here!

Hello all, it's been awhile since my last post in this forum. March 26, and Deutschland - the leader of the last big EoR-project, logged in again and gave me access to the developers forum etc as well as invited me to talk to him on Skype about the future of this project. While there were a few modellers, three i think - who had expressed their will to work on this project whenever they get the time (as they are also busy with other projects) he seemed to be positive about the prospect of the EoR-beta being finsihed.

I myself have almost restored all the rosters inside of the folders into a playable state, as there were a mess in the BMDB with alot of wrong lines of text making the units CTD whenever trying to use them - i am almost finished with correcting everything in the BMDB and other such files. Also, some units weren't added to the EDU and needed their entries added there. There were some factions which sadly has lost all their rosters, even though the folder and info/text still remains - these rosters could either be restored by taking them from Invasio Barbarorum 2, as the rosters there are the very same EoR has lost in some cases - or be created.

On the other hand, those IB2 rosters were always placeholder rosters in wait for Caudillos new ones - the ones he sadly lost. So any modeller wanting to contribute to this project would first be assigned to help restoring the missing rosters. And after that help in replacing the IB2 rosters with new unique ones. I know at least three people who were interested in doing this back in march, but due to us not having access to the developers forum we didn't know much about factions and units etc - now i could provide you with all the information you need from the developers forum. I don't know if i can give you access to it though.

In any case, write in this thread if you are a modeller and wants to help in restoring missing rosters of East of Rome or replace IB2 ones.

I may be busy with alot of projects but i will finish the restoration of the files sooner or later - the missing units would after that be taken from IB2 unless new modellers come in and create new units for this proect. Thanks.

Rosters most in need of new units:

Ostrogoths:

Crimean Goths:

will -likely- be taken from IB2 for the 1.0 Beta

Kartli:

Hephthalites:

Gepids:

Lakhmids:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 05, 2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Modellers who want to help updating the rosters - look here!

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    Great!
    I did send you the mod in PM, as well as Jurcek1987 and Marble Emperor - besides you guys i do think Deutschland would be on if things got started.

I already restored alot of the files by working on the EDU and BMDB - but not all of the rosters are working in-game as of yet. Still by downloading you could check out the three campaigns (Danube Limes should be just as stable as the released version if not more, End of Antiquity should be a little more worked on then the stand-alone version i sent to you in january but not much more - and the Main Justinian Campaign should be pretty much ready were it not for the non-working units that still needs to be restored (the ones who doesn't exist needs to be removed from the files) and i do think some bugs etc will also be required to be fixed.

What you and the others could do is of course create entire new rosters for some of the factions.

I will continue restoring the existing units from the files, but i do believe the ones remaining are IB2 placeholders and we should replace them with better new units if we could.

Alot of the factions will have units from TGC in the future but there are some who won't.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 09, 2017 at 04:41 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

It is just great all what you have done!
    Honestly, I was not hoping find EoR at this point playable.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

That's good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    It is just great all what you have done!
    Honestly, I was not hoping find EoR at this point playable.
    Thanks, feel free to improve it and we can keep in touch - i am a little busy on other projects but feel free to improve it.

- The Havamal

Do the Byzantines need work?

Quote Originally Posted by Zicher View Post
    Do the Byzantines need work?
    Only the early Justinian Era Byzantines.

Komatozz made some great units but never shared them.

- The Havamal

Are the unit models the only concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Zicher View Post
    Are the unit models the only concern?
    Yes, but Africa on the map has green colors instead of sand/desert so that could also be an issue even though it's not preventing the mod from being playable.

- The Havamal

Ah, Alright. Btw, could you give a list of the Justinian roster? I'm interested in learning modelling to help

Hello?

man, at least respond