Thread: editing darthmod etw startpos cause CTD

Default editing darthmod etw startpos cause CTD

I edited darthmod etw, the final version 8.0.1 platinum with the patch, using ESFeditor to change startpos.esf.
    I backed up the files before editing. Using a legal steam copy of the ETW.

Any change I make to the startpos.esf causes a CTD. I tried making Knight's of St. John a major nation because I wanted to play it in the custom campaign, but that edit caused a CTD. I opened the vectors and edited the 6 value to true. Editing the vanilla game's startpos.esf runs smoothly.

does anyone have suggestions?
    what i basically did:
    1. back up files
    2. edited the array values to make St.John a major nation so it appears on the campaign prestige graph
    3. saved the esf in the appropriate folder for Darthmod. Start campaign then CTD
    4. i also tried editing startpos from desktop and then overwriting the old startpos in darthmod. Also CTD

I can edit the vanilla game with no trouble
    followed http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-startpos-esf

running steam, updated ETW to latest version, verified game files using steam before modding
    DarthMod is working smoothly if i leave startpos.esf alone.
    running legal windows 10, intel i5,

Default Re: editing darthmod etw startpos cause CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Speed15 View Post
    I edited darthmod etw, the final version 8.0.1 platinum with the patch, using ESFeditor to change startpos.esf.
    I backed up the files before editing. Using a legal steam copy of the ETW.

Any change I make to the startpos.esf causes a CTD. I tried making Knight's of St. John a major nation because I wanted to play it in the custom campaign, but that edit caused a CTD. I opened the vectors and edited the 6 value to true. Editing the vanilla game's startpos.esf runs smoothly.

what i basically did:
    1. back up files
    2. edited the array values to make St.John a major nation so it appears on the campaign prestige graph
    3. saved the esf in the appropriate folder for Darthmod. Start campaign then CTD
    4. i also tried editing startpos from desktop and then overwriting the old startpos in darthmod. Also CTD

I can edit the vanilla game with no trouble
    followed http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-startpos-esf

running steam, updated ETW to latest version, verified game files using steam before modding
    DarthMod is working smoothly if i leave startpos.esf alone.
    running legal windows 10, intel i5,
    There are several different "false" values that need to be changed to "true". Perhaps you missed one?
    Also, it shouldn't have to be a major nation to be able to make it playable in the campaign. Should be able to do it even while it's still classified as a minor.
    Try this tutorial. It has worked for me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=117QVFKL2pk

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: editing darthmod etw startpos cause CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Speed15 View Post

Don't try to edit a large mod like DarthMod Empire (DME), unless you know what you're doing and have the necessary skill and knowledge about StartPos modding.

It is often better to make a request for a mod that has the changes you want to see, provided it's feasible of course.
    Last edited by Leonardo; August 15, 2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.