Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Unit Overhaul Project [WIP]

Default Re: Stainless Steel Unit Overhaul Project [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPotato View Post
    Well interestingly the black army was not named so because of their armor but because they were mainly composed of Bohemian mercenaries
    Where did you get the information that the army was mostly Bohemian mercenaries?

Perhaps the arquebusiers and the gunners were largely Bohemian, but those were just a section of the army, which at its height was 28 000 men, of which 8000 cavalry, very unlikely the case that most were from Bohemia.

Their armor depictions sure look dark though;

http://i.imgur.com/te8ztG6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qaZdWcZ.jpg

http://warfare.ga/15/Graduale-103r.htm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...black_army.png

Sorry yes I was talking about the infantry. I got it from Ian Heath's Armies of The Middle Ages - Volume 2, but if you look online it does appear that sources do not always coincide on whether it is named after the color of the armor or the general denotation of mercenaries or ruthless soldiers at the time

Hello everyone, written exams are over and I now have about a month or so before the oral exams, during which I was planning on doing some modding. However for reasons I have investigated yet been unable to find, it appears that my computer doesn't want to run my total war games as it once did, probably due to the windows 10 updates etc. Not only do recent games such as attila become unplayable because of lag, but so does medieval 2. A battle with more than two armies drops my framerate to unreasonable amounts, and battles on Stainless Steel simply freeze the game entirely after a while; not to mention sieges!

As you can imagine this is rather annoying for me, especially since I cannot revert to windows 7 and have tried many of the solutions suggested online such as compatibility mode and admin rights. I am not ready to change my computer either, so this will unfortunately be removing the purpose I had put into modding the game, since I did intend to play it. This doesn't mean I'm stopping entirely, but the modding I have been doing will become much more sporadic and I will quite probably not be able to meet the agenda I have established. I will henceforth be taking my time and work on what suits me most, as well as publish what I have been doing at some point for others to use, but cannot put as much work into it as I had prior to my system failures.

Thank you for your understanding

Hey everyone, I've released my first overheauled unit roster for the 13th century in the thread in my signature below. I have not ported the units into Stainless Steel but made them available to anyone in the community so that modders can add them to whichever mod they like. They are available in custom battle in the file I have released, and I hope to see them in this mod soon if someone manages to get them in game! Hope you enjoy

thank you for sharing your work!

You are welcome! Did you manage to get them to work?

Wow! Love these models MightyPotato! Fantastic work! Thank you so much!

However, I could not get the custom battle to start. I click start battle and the screen reverts to the factions screen.

I understand that you finished the French models for each unit you have mentioned, but have you also completed the corresponding models for the other factions? For example, have you completed the models for all six of the factions for the mounted_sergeants, or just for the French faction? And have you completed the models for upg1 as well? I would just test this in custom battle, but as I mentioned, I can't get the custom battle to work. I do know how to incorporate the models into my own mod, and will do so soon, but I was just wondering about the above.

Thanks again, as they really look great and will be a wonderful addition to SS6.4 or any other mod!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; February 11, 2020 at 07:24 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

How strange, I've tried unzipping the file and it worked for me... What does your error log state?

Concerning the other factions I have not yet made their models. I am indeed a very slow modder (this faction took me about 2 years to complete), but I'm getting started on England now. Not all of its models will be similar to those of France, which is why I did not make them simultaneously, for the sake of unit diversity
    Last edited by MightyPotato; February 11, 2020 at 08:37 AM.

Removed by poster
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; February 11, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

This is strange, I've never seen this log before. I'm looking it up now, and I'll ask to see if someone has the same issue with my download. What are your computer specs?

People having this same problem in SS6.4 and TATW have been suggested this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gn-won-t-start
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...revious-screen
    Last edited by MightyPotato; February 11, 2020 at 09:11 AM.

Sorry, my mistake. That log in unrelated to your mod. I have deleted that post. There is no system.log created for your mod.

As to the advice posted above, I can look into it, but I have many, many other mods installed in the same folder, including a few Custom Battle Mod only, and I have never encountered this problem before with custom battle.

No, those two links above deal with being unable to start a campaign, which I am well familiar with and have solved many times. My problem is being unable to start a custom battle, which I have never experienced before.

I have a state of the art more or less computer and am running Windows 10. Like I say, I can run numerous other mods and their custom battles without problem.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; February 11, 2020 at 09:57 AM.

i can play the custom battles with no problems,just extracted the file in a map and then put the map CSUR in the mods folder and then i started the mod,great units
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 11, 2020 at 10:23 AM.

Right. Clearly I was doing something wrong. I still don't understand what you mean by extracted the file in a map though. I just extracted the file to my mods folder as a stand alone. Could you please explain how I include a map stevie?

I think he meant to say he extracted the files in another folder and put the CSUR folder in the mods folder. I had sent you those links because I thought some users had similar problems with custom battles, which was solved by disabling UAC or installing steam out of program files, but I guess yours might already be disabled. The units are high poly and have no lods, but if you have a good computer I don't think that is the issue...

Sorry, but I still don't understand. I too put the CSUR folder into my mods folder. Do I need to do anything else to make it work properly?

I think I will just extract it again and see if it works properly this time.

Still doesn't work. Exactly the same problem.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; February 11, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Did you try exiting the game and restarting it?

Many times. All of my other mods and custom battles continue to work just fine and dandy.

Have you tried a custom battle without the custom units? You could also delete them from the export_descr_units and export_units then see if it works (that way we can know if the units are causing errors. Maybe look in the cfg file or try and lower graphic settings. Are you installed out of Program Files?
    Last edited by MightyPotato; February 11, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

Any single unit for any given faction will prevent the battle from loading and send me back to the faction screen. This is a stand alone mod, correct? I simply place CSUR into my Medieval II mods folder? Is this correct?

Absolutely! I have not edited many files as I have stated in the main page.maybe the animations are a problem. Delete the packs in the animation folder and rebuild them
    Last edited by MightyPotato; February 11, 2020 at 02:23 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast