Thread: (Resources) War of the West Final Act

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default (Resources) War of the West Final Act

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, don't remember when it was the last time I've been logged? Months? Years?

Why I come back today? Honestly, I have no idea.. I guess it's guilt of not worked on or completed this mod.

It's been years this project has started with a great crew with varied skills as well being great persons.. I considered them friends. One thing that we can be proud of is how TW community is, such a great place, cannot say the same for League of Legends.

What happened with WotW? Life's priorities and lack of interest for this game or modding. It's understandable, so much things happened during that timeframe. I wouldn't lie, the team is disbanded and nobody works on it anymore. SonofPeverel tried to continue working on it even though I stopped but couldn't finish because I have few files of the folder that he didn't possess to make it work.. And I couldn't find it or because I've become very rusty about modding and recognize what each files do.

I for myself, lost interest in the game, including modding. Job's taking alot of my time and concentration (I'm a paramedic in Quebec, Canada) so when I come back home, I am not really motivated to mod and prefer to play a game instead. I have my girlfriend of 4 years and possibly we will try to found a family soon, giving less time to perform modding.

Hamilton moved on with his life and its perfectly understandable.. If he reads this, I wish him good luck in his future, same for Peverel and David.

Kjertesvein, LolIsuck and others, I believe they are still active around the forums, but I think they also moved on because of the lack of activity.. A normal fatality.

I remember back in the days, I promised you to finish this mod and you will enjoy it. I have to admit that its now a broken promise.. I'm a rusty coder, not a great scripter and a poor modeler. Also most talented modders are onto their own projects, moved to a more recent TW game or, as me, moved on TW modding. With all that combined, I hardly believe this mod will see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Its a shame really because I know it had alot of potential.

So now onto the big piece of message here; since this mod, unless someone else decide to take over, won't be completed anytime soon, I allow any modders to use WotW material for their own mod. Just give due credit to WotW team for their hard work on released work. If the download link from the beta isn't working, I will try my best to find files within my computer but the chances are low. If anybody still has the beta in their computer, you could share it as well. I have not certain templates Lord Hamilton used for the models, so you would have to extract the files yourself.

You don't need to send me a PM or anything, just posting into this thread will be considered as permitted.

Obviously, what you guys would seek from this mod is the Unit Models. Lord Hamilton had a incredible talent, he was part of the best modders in M2TW I've met. It would have been a shame to let his work rot into a dead project because there are many other potential mods that could make good use of his work.

I want to thank everybody who support us throughout the whole time, it is still appreciated until this day. Who knows, perhaps one day I may come back onto modding as an humble coder-for-hire. Until then,

Cheers.

Polycarpe
    Last edited by Polycarpe; May 01, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: (Resources) War of the West Final Act

That's life, fair and square, and all modding endevours are honestly greater oaths to one self than any others, hehe. So thank you [all] for the misson undertaken, inspirational displays and great works shared

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: T˘l Acharn - mighty D˙nedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliš Alý, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Araval's Avatar Primicerius

I have already taken in use some of Lord Hamilton's work from his workshop thread:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would definitely love to incorporate the wonderful work into my mod Albion Total War, so the work of War of the West can live on! Same setting in general, and similar time frame! My mod is based on other similar mods that sadly disappeared over the years, but yours remains an inspiration, for me to learn how to mod in the first place! I wish you well, credits will given for shared assets.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Hey Polycarpe, I can fully understand how it happened, especially since I have been a member of a more or less abandoned mod before as well. I appreciate your decision to release the material and I am hopeful that Zantorian will use it wisely
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Hey Polycarpe, I can fully understand how it happened, especially since I have been a member of a more or less abandoned mod before as well. I appreciate your decision to release the material and I am hopeful that Zantorian will use it wisely
    I will not disappoint!

Wallachian's Avatar Praefectus

Great to hear that the resources will live on in Albion Total War, just awesome!

Araval's Avatar Primicerius

Just in case, the download is available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/war-of-the...om-battle-demo

will use manny of this great work for submod for FA,thanks very much!

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I'll use your units models in SSHIP as well. Thanks for your generous gift.
    Are we alowed to re-use the textures made by Lord Hamilton for some other units?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

It's such a shame that this mod has died.

Yet, the work done was superb, no doubt!

Given the new conditions, I'll happily use part of the available material for Gothic TW: CoM, with a proper retexturing to match the mod lore.

In any case, thanks a lot to the WOWT Team for their dedication!
    rafmc1989

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff Director

Wow! That's great news and bad news all in one, thanks for your efforts.
    Contributor in The AI Workshop
    AI/Game Mechanics Developer for Europa Barbaroum II
    Developer of The Northern Crusades
    Retired Lead Developer for Classical Age Total War
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance/MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

A real shame about the mod Poly but thanks for sharing it to the modding community.
    I wish you well.

bitterhowl's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks for sharing and for your great job! I'll probably add some of your models into my Westeros submod.

My sister, do you still recall
    The blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?

Because AI is dumb and full of errors.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'll use your units models in SSHIP as well. Thanks for your generous gift.
    Good to know. ALways wanted to see those models in a campaign.

Feeling sad about WotW THOUGH;
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, don't remember when it was the last time I've been logged? Months? Years?

Why I come back today? Honestly, I have no idea.. I guess it's guilt of not worked on or completed this mod.

It's been years this project has started with a great crew with varied skills as well being great persons.. I considered them friends. One thing that we can be proud of is how TW community is, such a great place, cannot say the same for League of Legends.

What happened with WotW? Life's priorities and lack of interest for this game or modding. It's understandable, so much things happened during that timeframe. I wouldn't lie, the team is disbanded and nobody works on it anymore. SonofPeverel tried to continue working on it even though I stopped but couldn't finish because I have few files of the folder that he didn't possess to make it work.. And I couldn't find it or because I've become very rusty about modding and recognize what each files do.

I for myself, lost interest in the game, including modding. Job's taking alot of my time and concentration (I'm a paramedic in Quebec, Canada) so when I come back home, I am not really motivated to mod and prefer to play a game instead. I have my girlfriend of 4 years and possibly we will try to found a family soon, giving less time to perform modding.

Hamilton moved on with his life and its perfectly understandable.. If he reads this, I wish him good luck in his future, same for Peverel and David.

Kjertesvein, LolIsuck and others, I believe they are still active around the forums, but I think they also moved on because of the lack of activity.. A normal fatality.

I remember back in the days, I promised you to finish this mod and you will enjoy it. I have to admit that its now a broken promise.. I'm a rusty coder, not a great scripter and a poor modeler. Also most talented modders are onto their own projects, moved to a more recent TW game or, as me, moved on TW modding. With all that combined, I hardly believe this mod will see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Its a shame really because I know it had alot of potential.

So now onto the big piece of message here; since this mod, unless someone else decide to take over, won't be completed anytime soon, I allow any modders to use WotW material for their own mod. Just give due credit to WotW team for their hard work on released work. If the download link from the beta isn't working, I will try my best to find files within my computer but the chances are low. If anybody still has the beta in their computer, you could share it as well. I have not certain templates Lord Hamilton used for the models, so you would have to extract the files yourself.

You don't need to send me a PM or anything, just posting into this thread will be considered as permitted.

Obviously, what you guys would seek from this mod is the Unit Models. Lord Hamilton had a incredible talent, he was part of the best modders in M2TW I've met. It would have been a shame to let his work rot into a dead project because there are many other potential mods that could make good use of his work.

I want to thank everybody who support us throughout the whole time, it is still appreciated until this day. Who knows, perhaps one day I may come back onto modding as an humble coder-for-hire. Until then,

Cheers.

Polycarpe
    Your mod looked very promising, unfortunately it never got a campaign. Thanks for your hard work and the teams hard work, and i will have to say i am very thankful for this permission!

Half a year ago i wanted to use some of the models but read it wasn't permitted. So thanks again for allowing this - Irish factions had no units suitable in WotN style - and i want to replace TLK-models of Munster with WotN grittier models. As Absinthias old models were lost, i saw in your mod that Ireland had exactly what i needed. This is gonna be perfect - i do also believe that Scotland may have a few underdeveloped units suitable for the earlier Viking Age-period.

England in this mod is too modern, but i think your models are great =): Gonna re-download WotW and implement the new Munster roster asap. Thanks again =).
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hi Polycarpe i want to use your units in my personnal work in Deus lo Vult mod

Thks to WotW and their hard and beautiful work !

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Semisalis

I'll add some of these units to my Falcom submod.

Thanks for the contribution!

Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires | Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth