Thread: How Playable is SPQR as non-Roman factions?

Default How Playable is SPQR as non-Roman factions?

I'm interested in the concept of this game but I'm not a big fan of rome lol. From the looks of it rome is the only challenging faction in this mod. All other factions have better developed cities, start with more money, get help from the script and have a much better diplomatic situation. The world seems to be ganged up on rome. So is my impression of this game correct, are other factions really easy to play or do they get harder as the game progresses?And if they are indeed very easy, does anyone have a good way of modding the game to make them more challenging, without changing too much? Any input from people experienced with SPQR would really be appreciated.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How Playable is SPQR as non-Roman factions?

Sorry mate I have deleted my original reply because I got this mod mixed up with another and my suggestions would have been useless
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 02, 2017 at 03:25 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Default Re: How Playable is SPQR as non-Roman factions?

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I'm interested in the concept of this game but I'm not a big fan of rome lol. From the looks of it rome is the only challenging faction in this mod. All other factions have better developed cities, start with more money, get help from the script and have a much better diplomatic situation. The world seems to be ganged up on rome. So is my impression of this game correct, are other factions really easy to play or do they get harder as the game progresses?And if they are indeed very easy, does anyone have a good way of modding the game to make them more challenging, without changing too much? Any input from people experienced with SPQR would really be appreciated.
    Your impression is spot on. This game is designed (and balanced only) for being played as Rome faction.