Thread: Preview - Unique Characters

Default Preview - Unique Characters

This thread is for unique character previews as they are edited/created, still a work in progress.

Andrew de Moray:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

William Wallace:

Edward I:

Robert de Brus:

James Douglas The Black:

William Douglas:

Thomas Randolph:

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd:

Credits: War of the West, Rusichi TW, Thick1988, Dejawolf.
    Last edited by Zantorian; July 21, 2017 at 09:47 AM.

Default Re: Preview - Unique Characters

Reserved

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Lot's of nice work here

Suggestions;

I would personally recommend to drop the painted shoulder pads for James "The Black" Douglas, because the impression becomes on of a "super hero outfit", or least quite "gamey" to my eyes, rather than a more authentic medieval armour (perhaps I'm unaware of some actual noble practice, I admit).
    Instead, I'd propose a plain mail á la your Wallace, or with plain steel choulder pads. So, less like this

but more like this [helmet aside]
    or or

Same principle with William Douglas I argue, while I find Andrew Moray look fair enough and Thomas Randolph looks decent with painted ones, unless coherency on the matter is preferred.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 04, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the valuable feedback, that's why I post them in the first place. Indeed he looks like Captain America, but they are super heroes! After all they fought off hordes of English with lighting bolts from their....

In fact since I have the go ahead to use WOTW units, I've been scouring through them and found already fabulous textures made for the likes of Moray and Randolph etc.. I will now be re-designing a few things, while keeping some heads and hair styles and my Wallace, but re-do the shields as I can use some overlays in the WOTW textures to make them blend with those units.. I'll put some of my characters and units to learning experience, and that it has been!

Speaking of hairs I have here a screenshot of Lord Hamilton's units with updated hairs on units without helmets, everything else remains as is.. Feedback is more than welcome

Top section is original hairs, bottom is new hair styles.
    Last edited by Zantorian; May 04, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

New hair styles are much more detailed and diversified imo.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Characters updated 07/21/2017

i hope these great historical characters getting some day released as they are great for the role playing!