Thread: AI Rage - Is the AI more likely to sack your settlement if you badly damage their army?

Default AI Rage - Is the AI more likely to sack your settlement if you badly damage their army?

It's certainly my reaction when losing loads of troops in a battle, but is it my imagination that the AI is more likely to sack if I lose a defensive siege manually and do a lot more damage to their army than the autoresolve would have?

It might happen anyway if you wipe out units because it creates an obvious need for recruitment, but even if you just damage all their units down to about 20% the AI always seems guaranteed to sack the settlement.

I've tried some testing but can't really get a handle on it. Any ideas for a fair test? Or does anyone know how the parameters affecting the AI decision relate to army compositions?

Default Re: AI Rage - Is the AI more likely to sack your settlement if you badly damage their army?

Sacking is very lucrative, and depending on the race of the enemy army, sacking is better than just razing.

Default Re: AI Rage - Is the AI more likely to sack your settlement if you badly damage their army?

They are more likely to sack instead of raze if you have troops nearby.