Thread: Unit animations we want to see implemented

Default Unit animations we want to see implemented

Hey guys,
    I'm creating this thread to list all unit animations that the community wants to see implemented in the game.

The list so far:
    - Reloading for handgunners
    - Pushing for artillery/siege engine crews
    - Falling for infantry when getting killed on a ladder
    - Artillery loading
    - Better overall (pseudo) matched combat
    - Knight melee that doesn't involve lance bashing... (even with a cheap transition)
    - Sync kills for infantry/cavalry versus monsters
    - Better flying units versus flying units combat animations
    Last edited by Dingkuhn; May 09, 2017 at 09:38 AM.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Unit animations we want to see implemented

- Artillery loading
    - Knight melee that doesn't involve lance bashing... (even with a cheap transition)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    - Artillery loading
    Good ones. Although I'd like you to develop on "better overall (pseudo) matched combat": do you mean something similar to what we have in Rome 2 and Attila, with the unit models trading blows? If so I think there is a reason why we don't have them in this game, which is that it makes it harder (slower) to disengage a whole unit from combat.

I would also like to add sync kills for infantry/cavalry versus monsters, since monster units have only few unit models and that one or two infantry/cavalry units staying behind to finish the creature(s) off does not sound like a huge deal. Also who doesn't want to see a slayer or a Wildwood ranger take down a huge beast on its own in a spectacular manner?

Flying units still require a lot of work. Currently they just look like floating land units. Two flying units in melee look especially silly.
    Last edited by prithupaul; May 03, 2017 at 12:10 AM.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Dingkuhn View Post
    Good ones. Although I'd like you to develop on "better overall (pseudo) matched combat": do you mean something similar to what we have in Rome 2 and Attila, with the unit models trading blows? If so I think there is a reason why we don't have them in this game, which is that it makes it harder (slower) to disengage a whole unit from combat.
    There are advantages to not having it, at least with the way it was implemented. But the reason they cited for removing it was that they couldn't do motion capture for a lot of match ups. Whatever the case, I'd simply like to see the approximated method improved upon.... there's a lot of janky looking, disconnected reactions.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I would love to see matched animations come back. Ever since Medieval 2 I have loved watching them in Total War. Admittedly, their quality peaked in Shogun 2 and sometimes they were a little dumb in Rome 2 and Attila (especially with the 99% decapitation rate) but still I miss them in Warhammer and don't get the same enjoyment from zooming in on combat.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'd just like it if we could actually edit the animations text file like we could in Attila and Rome 2, mix and match the animation fragments in a text file rather than whatever un-readable file type they're using for Warhammer.

Weapon Team will going to have animations of their own...

Also more units falling from walls...
    Last edited by jamreal18; May 21, 2017 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    Weapon Team will going to have animations of their own...
    You mean artillery crews? If so, it's on the list already