Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inform an old fan on which title to get.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Inform an old fan on which title to get.

Well it's still a game, and medieval 2 is still the last game where they had mostly realistic siege battles. After that they stopped caring about historical warfare less and less.

With shogun 2 it took a deep dive with its limited construction, they killed the campaign map part there, already killed sieges in empire total war.

I just like to have more variation in factions than what shogun 2 offered. It's still the total war game i played the least. Gameplay is solid and all, but after finishing it with one faction other playthroughs just seem to have little added value. Can just make the exact same armies and use the exact same strategies. Also it doesn't matter who you face sine the enemy army is always the same too, so the same tactics always work.

That and the campaign really is way too short. The stupid leveling system of generals and agents does not help either. I preferred it more random like in previous games, that seems more natural and less video game-ish.

Default Re: Inform an old fan on which title to get.

Quick questions again.

Do any of the titles allow you to release, ransom or execute battle captives like in M2TW.
    And what are the options when you take a city?
    These are things I found aided the game play, character development of generals and leaders and just gave a bit more life to the game in general, so I'm curious.

Also someone said siege battles are worse now, is this true? I saw some gameplay of Shogun and a siege battle looked like a mob, but then again the castle looked pretty 'open play' so that doesn't help.

Are sieges better or worse now in R2TW and ATW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12