Thread: Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Default Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came notto send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division andwar with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brotheragainst brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some thinkhe preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
    DL

Default Re: Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Maybe you should talk first to a christian priest and/or University Christian Theology Teacher to get a understanding of these parts of the Bilble.
    Than you could come back to ask that question... wait no, if you understand the true meaning, you don't have to ask this question.

Hate is neither good nor bad it is just a feeling.
    The way you act upon that feeling makes it either a source for good or bad

Hint:
    "hate the sin not the sinner"
    Last edited by Chlodwig I.; April 29, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    Maybe you should talk first to a christian priest and/or University Christian Theology Teacher to get a understanding of these parts of the Bilble.
    Than you could come back to ask that question... wait no, if you understand the true meaning, you don't have to ask this question.

Hint:
    Chlodwig,

When Jesus talks of separating people He is talking about the changes that occur with regeneration through being born again. The born again have their natures changed through His blood and their confession of it so what one may have liked before becomes the exact opposite when the experience happens. It is not for the most that new believers hate unbelievers rather that unbelievers hate the new believer and this is where the tension lies. Of course a Christian will hate sin but that does not mean that he hates the sinner or why else would he or she want them to experience the same as they had just gone through? The Bible is quite clear that it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is the cause or stumbling block for the unbeliever as is seen in all the New Testament books. GCB doesn't understand that nor can he unless God Himself makes a move in his direction.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 29, 2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Personal references deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post

Hint:
    Yet God does not send the sin to hell, he sends the sinner.

Hate is a good trait to you then is it?

I have a hard time separating the sin from the sinner.

If your wife or daughter is raped, will you hate rape or the rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Chlodwig,

When Jesus talks of separating people He is talking about the changes that occur with regeneration through being born again. The born again have their natures changed through His blood and their confession of it so what one may have liked before becomes the exact opposite when the experience happens. It is not for the most that new believers hate unbelievers rather that unbelievers hate the new believer and this is where the tension lies. Of course a Christian will hate sin but that does not mean that he hates the sinner or why else would he or she want them to experience the same as they had just gone through? The Bible is quite clear that it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is the cause or stumbling block for the unbeliever as is seen in all the New Testament books. GCB doesn't understand that nor can he unless God Himself makes a move in his direction.
    Tell me why I should want to get closer to a genocidal son murdering God who is often shown in scriptures to torture and kill innocent babies and children and who has spawned a homophobic and misogynous religion?

Regards
    DL

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brotheragainst brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some thinkhe preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
    DL
    One must be intolerant of intolerance. In a world of evil one must fight for the cause of good. Obviously not fight through violence, but there are other ways of fighting.

And by the way, there's a lot of debate on whether or not to take ancient texts literally - do you think that ancient people were incapable of talking in metaphors? If a politician in the modern day said 'We will fight against the corrupt, and we won't rest until corruption lies dead and buried' in the ground' would you take that to literally mean we should go out and kill corrupt people? Of course not. So why do you think that Jesus was speaking literally? Do you think we are also instructed to literally go out and build all our houses upon rock? Or to beat our swords into ploughshares? Have you ever considered the inherent difficulty in beating a Roman era gladius into a useable ploughshare? Take it from someone who has an intimate familiarity with both swords and engaging in agriculture without modern tools - it would be unlikely to give you a very good crop yield.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; April 29, 2017 at 05:54 PM.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Chlodwig,

Don't know why you address me, I can't see how you answer fits to my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Yet God does not send the sin to hell, he sends the sinner.

Hate is a good trait to you then is it?

I have a hard time separating the sin from the sinner.

If your wife or daughter is raped, will you hate rape or the rapist?
    When I say "Hate is neither good nor bad"
    what leads you to the undrstanding "Hate is a good trait to you then is it?"

Bad English, problems with reading, stupidity, intentionally wrong understanding, try building a strawman?

Okay lets play your game

- Do you have proof that God sends sinners to hell or is it just hear-say?
    - No as I said neither good nor bad just a feeling.
    - Than don't do it, its your choice.
    - I would say I would experience anger and rage but I doubt that I would feel hate.

Tell me why I should want to get closer to a genocidal son murdering God who is often shown in scriptures to torture and kill innocent babies and children and who has spawned a homophobic and misogynous religion?
    Yeah, I don't like Islam too,
    but that has nothing to do with your original Jesus question.

Gnostic Christian Bishop,

Perhaps because regardless of what you think of Him now you won't want to spend the rest of your existence in the next life listening to yourself over and over and over again.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

is hate good. nothing but click bait - your credibility is shot mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    - I would say I would experience anger and rage but I doubt that I would feel hate.
    Semantics. If you know how to love then you know how to hate.

Yeah, I don't like Islam too,
    but that has nothing to do with your original Jesus question.
    Allah is not the genocidal one, Yahweh is, unless you you think the Abrahamic creeds all have the same God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    is hate good. nothing but click bait - your credibility is shot mate.
    So you would not think it right to hate the one who rapes your wife or child. Ok.

Strange that you would not hate evil.

Regards
    DL

Praeses

OP seems to be trolling. Strawman arguments? Check. Inflammatory insults? Check.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 02, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Personal references removed.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Cyclops,

Whatever you think of him, he at least is piling up the viewing figures whilst also showing his own lack of knowledge of the Bible which is his main target. The funny thing is that the Bible talks of people like him so instead of bringing it down he is adding to its authenticity with every post he makes.