Page 1 of 94 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: DaC - Simple Question Thread

Default DaC - Simple Question Thread

2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
    Most Popular Sub-Mod Winner!

DaC on Discord

Introduction

This thread is for the asking of simple questions so that you do not need to post a new thread for each one. Questions here should relate to DaC and should relate to gameplay features.

This thread is NOT for asking about:
    Modding, Suggestions, Ideas, Release Dates or Installation Issues. Please use the respective threads for those topics.

Regards
    DaC Council

Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 09, 2019 at 08:09 AM.

Default Re: DaC - Simple Question Thread

I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times but how exactly does General's bodyguard regeneration work?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Valitov View Post
    I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times but how exactly does General's bodyguard regeneration work?
    Automatically, for larger unique bodyguards they won't replenish past 77 men though if they fall below that number. You'd have to hope it's a recruitable unit which you can then retrain as you would do with any other unit.

hmm...did you guys remove the possibility of negative traits? I remember Medieval 2 giving generals negative traits for not using their movement points for too many turns.

It is more difficult to get negative traits, some traits do not effect some races, and the 'hero' generals are reasonably immune to negative traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    It is more difficult to get negative traits, some traits do not effect some races, and the 'hero' generals are reasonably immune to negative traits.
    whew...guess i should stop moving my generals around for no reason every turn.

That would depend on what faction you are playing...
    You can look up the traits in the export_descr_character_traits file and see if your culture is excluded.

Can someone please explain the whole structure system in this game. I'm very confused on how I can only make like 2 or 3 buildings in a village I just captured and I don't see any further upgrades at all and in my capital I see lots of structures popping up. I'm just not familiar with the structure system at all in this game, I played Rome II and Warhammer before and its nothing like those games.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMVP View Post
    Can someone please explain the whole structure system in this game. I'm very confused on how I can only make like 2 or 3 buildings in a village I just captured and I don't see any further upgrades at all and in my capital I see lots of structures popping up. I'm just not familiar with the structure system at all in this game, I played Rome II and Warhammer before and its nothing like those games.
    You can build most of your buildings in every town, but it fepend on the level of the town (seen by what wall/castle size it has) Most factions can upgrade towns if they hvae high enough population (hoover over population to see when next upgrade is available. If you open the building tab there are three icons at the lower left corner of it. One is the building browser which should be useful to you. Another one us the settlement detail. Open it to see the effects of buildings on income, public order, population growth.

If you capture a settlement is was mostlikely held by the AI before and you can use most buildings from then (AI builds faster than you). There are multiple building chains like stables, barracks, town halls.
    If the other owner of the settlement before was of another culture it is likely that the buildings have another name. For example the stables are called Warg breeder for orcs, but you can use them as if they were stables.
    There are castles and towns castles train faster and have better public order but in towns you get more money and you can change the tax rate to either boost money or population growth ( set it to normal or low if you are not struggling for money, because more population gives more money in the long run and you might be able to upgrade the settlement.
    In contrast to Rome II nad Warhammer you can build as much as you want in each settlement and there are now regions that belong together.
    In this mod you should keep an eye on the culture, because you need it the be able to train troops. You can see the culture in the settlement details. Every faction has a culture increase building, which you should build if you capture a town of another culture most of the time.
    It will need some time until get all details (like how corruption works) but once you get used to it you will like it because it offers much more strategic options.
    I hope I could help you
    If you have more questions just ask

Also bear in mind that some settlements are locked meaning they cannot upgrade beyond a certain point even if you have the required population, and some factions cannot build some settlements. The Elves, for example, cannot upgrade castles in version 1.2.
    Also in this mod castles give you recruitment bonuses such as faster replenishment rates and some units are only available in certain regions such as the Fountain Guard which can only be trained in Minas Tirith.

is there any way to console command the barracks event? feel like playing a cheating campaign with Enedwraith.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    is there any way to console command the barracks event? feel like playing a cheating campaign with Enedwraith.
    Edit the file to make it happen in turn 4-8 (set the value to 1)

You can just change when the Barracks Event happens in the campaign_script.txt and descr_events.txt
    Use Notepad++ and back up the original files.

its the two files in the imperial campaign section of Third Age total war right? descr_events only has event "historic large_city_barracks date 15 16." delete 15 16 and put 1 1?

and i assume the one in campagin_script says: I_turn number under barracks event check right?

and this is all factions, is there a way to fire it only for my faction?
    Last edited by RyuNoKami; April 28, 2017 at 06:38 PM.

Yes. If that is how you have DaC named.

Edit:
    You edited after I posted, see what Jeffling says below.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 29, 2017 at 07:33 AM.

Yes, but only on a new campaign and you have to delete the map.rwm file in the base folder whenever you edit anything in the world folder or it won't work.
    I don't think you can remove it for your faction only. I recommend you watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td_8YCY3cFU as it explains many of these sort of things.

Just out of curiosity, but, why do the Khazad-Dum dwarves start so wealthy when the AI plays them?

pretty sure Khazad Dum gets to take Moria by turn 2. so they don't bleed money like the human player who has to walk from Erebor to Moria.

Every time I go to siege khazad dum west my game crashes
    Does anyone know why this is happening?

so...I understand that Dale's economics is ruin but does that just strictly means that they get exactly 0 trade for a certain amount of turns? cause im at turn 11 with trading rights with Erebor, Thranduil, Vale, and Khazad Dum and I have 0 trade.

cause if it is, i should not have spend money and time on those trade buildings.

hmm...nevermind, just a glitch on my end, had to restart M2.
    Last edited by RyuNoKami; April 30, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

Page 1 of 94 12345678910112651 ... LastLast