Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4368838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1873

Thread: DaC - Simple Question Thread

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: DaC - Simple Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    We prefer how our AA troops look. You will have to use the submod if you do not. The submod (well the one I think you mean) makes them look too much like 'Black Gondor' and I think that is worse for the variety we seek.
    Will the southern style units receive visual armour upgrades? It annoys me to no end to see the 2 handed savages being topless while receiving additional armour bonuses due to blacksmith upgrades. I think the lumberjacks of bree an ND suffer from the same problem. would it be possible to provide al unarmoured units with some basic chainmail when upgraded at the blacksmith? Just like how the vanilla spear-man militia look properly armoured for their armour rating when upgraded to the highest level.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burlini View Post
    Will the southern style units receive visual armour upgrades? It annoys me to no end to see the 2 handed savages being topless while receiving additional armour bonuses due to blacksmith upgrades. I think the lumberjacks of bree an ND suffer from the same problem. would it be possible to provide al unarmoured units with some basic chainmail when upgraded at the blacksmith? Just like how the vanilla spear-man militia look properly armoured for their armour rating when upgraded to the highest level.
    The Dutchman has a point. In fact I mentioned something similar earlier with the idea that Farmhand Pikemen could receive helmets at the very least with their armor upgrade. Any unit with four armor points should at least be shown wearing metal helms.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    We prefer how our AA troops look. You will have to use the submod if you do not. The submod (well the one I think you mean) makes them look too much like 'Black Gondor' and I think that is worse for the variety we seek.
    I mean "Ar-Adunaim Reforged" by Taurion of Lindon. Btw I don't consider it's ideal in the sense of the unit visual style: e.g., famous Teutonic winged helmets are obviously out of place imho. So I don't propose simply to integrate the "AA Reforged" into DaC. But the current Ar-Adunaim look in DaC is too much "Southronic" to my mind, that isn't much better than "Black Gondor". It'll be a pity if it isn't to be made just a bit more "Black Arnorian".

But even if you are satisfied with AA's current look - what about their garrison unit? Why Southron Defenders of Harad? Just give AA a unit of their own, please.

And a final question: what reasons deter you from integrating "New balance for wall and siege" by dzeltens into DaC? Are you afraid the AI won't be able to cope with new sieges properly?
    Last edited by d'Asseaux; September 25, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

Will there be a High Elves patch in the near future? I thought Galu said something like this in one of his videos. Either way, can't wait to play with this new faction!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Will there be a High Elves patch in the near future? I thought Galu said something like this in one of his videos. Either way, can't wait to play with this new faction!
    Yes, we are still working on the next version of DaC and that will include the High Elf faction changes. At this time, there is no scheduled release date.

Was wondering if there was anyway to give more then one of the eleven rings of power to a general. I'm at the end of an Angmar campaign and my factions heir has Vilya from Imladris, now i've got Narya but i cant Trade it over to Scyld (the faction heir) and i cant give it to him using console commands. I'm trying to get a collection going, Any help?

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHorn View Post
    Was wondering if there was anyway to give more then one of the eleven rings of power to a general. I'm at the end of an Angmar campaign and my factions heir has Vilya from Imladris, now i've got Narya but i cant Trade it over to Scyld (the faction heir) and i cant give it to him using console commands. I'm trying to get a collection going, Any help?
    You can't do it in an ongoing campaign but you can edit the ancillary entry in export_descr_ancillaries and change it to transferable

Could be placed in future versions in some settlements* free spots on the walls to deploy artillery, like in Pelennor's battle were the Trebuchets?

*Only these ones: Minas Tirith, Fornost (only rebuilt version), Mistrand & Umbar.*

Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible to start a campaign and have all the good factions locked in together with permanent alliances and all the evil factions likewise? Not very "Total Warey" but a bit more "realistic"...just tried to turn on the Dunlendings as Northern Dunedain, only to find that Imladris decided to break our alliance and keep it's alliance with the Dunlendings instead!!! Could keep Enedwaith as neutral or side with either if that's not possible. Is there a line in the code for this somewhere? Cheers

Hey there, big fan of the sub mod. Just wanted to know what's going on with a certain faction. I noticed that in the current version (V3 I believe) Gundabad has a quite prominent "Snow Orc" theme to it with a lot of units/elements fitting this style. Lately I've seen efforts in reskinning units units to be more in line appearance wise with their counterparts in the Hobbit films. (Azog's army) I was wondering if this will affect all or some of the faction's units, and if it is going to change the nature/play style of the faction itself in terms of its strengths and weaknesses.

On a side note, down the line..would there be a possibility in the future of seeing some of the more film based creatures such as the Armored Olog hai, Ogres, or Wargs?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorphindel View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible to start a campaign and have all the good factions locked in together with permanent alliances and all the evil factions likewise? Not very "Total Warey" but a bit more "realistic"...just tried to turn on the Dunlendings as Northern Dunedain, only to find that Imladris decided to break our alliance and keep it's alliance with the Dunlendings instead!!! Could keep Enedwaith as neutral or side with either if that's not possible. Is there a line in the code for this somewhere? Cheers
    Got worse...after standing next to Bree and joining in with Bree-land to defend them against Dunlendings, Imladris broke alliance...and then straight away next turn attacked Bruinost lol. It's Dunedain Scouts v Dunedain Scouts. Immersion suffering . Why were they not interested in Bruinost when the Goblins had it! They're coming for Fennas Drunin now. Awkward situation where Aragorn has to besiege Imladris to kill Elrond. Is there a permanent alliance submod, easy fix or similar does anyone know?

Hello there guys, I have a quick question here. I could go through all developer diaries and read this whole thread to find an answer maybe, but since I don't have such time, I was jusz wondering if someone could answer me. So, I noticed in the V3 that Lothlorien and Mirkwood get ents. How do you get them in campaign and under what conditions? Are they restricted to AoR or elsewhere. Thank you all in advance for the answer!

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaberking View Post
    Hello there guys, I have a quick question here. I could go through all developer diaries and read this whole thread to find an answer maybe, but since I don't have such time, I was jusz wondering if someone could answer me. So, I noticed in the V3 that Lothlorien and Mirkwood get ents. How do you get them in campaign and under what conditions? Are they restricted to AoR or elsewhere. Thank you all in advance for the answer!
    If i'm not mistaken you can only train them from Isengard.

I see, thanks for the answer!

They are also a mercenary unit in the Edraicharn region.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranno85 View Post
    They are also a mercenary unit in the Edraicharn region.
    I belive that is after the barracks event, is it not? Which region is this if I may ask?

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Can someone show me a bit of the script for the garrison units in DAC? The ones that appear when you assault the settlement and disappear after the battle.

Is there a way to get Aragorn if you are Gondor? Like does an event that allow you to recruit him happen at a certain turn??
    Check out my YouTube channel below!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Superjew911

Under what difficulty is the mod sharpened? I play on medium difficulty, is everything right?

I WOULD SAY MEDIUM CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY, very hard battle difficulty..

I've had an issue for about a year now, where in all of my Medieval 2 total war games, when you click on the button during battle, to highlight your units, there are no flashing lights,, which has made my game more of a realism mode, does anyone know what might control this..one of my mods must have disengaged this feature.