Page 5 of 119 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

I believe he was given the Archers to make up for Angmar's very poor ranged options. Besides this Angmar already get two excellent unique sword bodyguard generals and the standard Angmar Bodyguard is also quite good. Also bear in mind that the Rhudaur Archer are the only decent archers you'll ever get so he can be quite usefull.

Tal-In-Galumir's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I do not understand the obsession with (what is being termed) dual wielding, thoroughly unrealistic for battlefield use by units, entirely a-historical.
    And the Weta depiction of this 'double headed glaive' is combatively absurd.
    I second that. Would be really nice to see those units with more practical weapons, the animation wouldn't feel as derpy as it looks right now.

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Regarding the rhudar units, I feel like a visual upgrade would be awesome. Make them feel a little more cold northerly. Maybe kind of like how some of the units from GoT for the Stark faction. I.e. Bear skin cloaks, dark armors, that kind of jazz. Swordsmen look nice but the pikes look alil lackluster. Just a thought.

I agree the Rhudaur units should get an armour upgrade, the idea of making a different upgrade for Angmar/Northedein sounds very cool as well, though i have a sneaking suspicion that might not be possible...

Hi Arachir/DaC modding team

I've been a avid follower of the mod for a while now, and in addition to that I was rather big fan of the Lord of the Rings miniature series(by GW) and still have some of the army books and stuff. I think I'm one of the few people that are a big Khand lover(because of the miniature game actually who introduced me to Khand for the first time). My suggestion/question is 2 part.

Part 1 is have you guys ever thought, or have you already, looked into looking at some of the units/ideas etc that the guys who made the tabletop miniature wargame for Lord of the Rings?

Part 2 is if you have or have not done the above, in the tabletop they gave Khand a epic chariot and instead of the Easterlings having Chariots in the tabletop, the Khandish had chariots and they were used as mercenary chariots for Rhun. Have you ever thought of giving Khand a chariot unit instead of Rhun? Seeing as how Khand is pretty much the horse nation of evil men I think a chariot would work much better with Khand and I think fit better with their aesthetic and give them something a little extra to make Khand fun. Unless there's some obscure piece of lore or a piece of information on the decisions you guys made that says no more chariots etc?

I just think that Khand is a pretty underrated faction(I love the aesthetic you guys gave it) and that giving it a Chariot could be very interesting. Eager to see what you guys' thoughts are!

Hello again, I have been thinking and a few more ideas have sprung into my head.
    UI, Settlement and Map Changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Firstly, if it has not already been done will the Rhuadaur settlements be changed to the new hillmen settlements to better reflect the men of rhuadaur who live there.
    Secondly, I shall speak of Harad map changes. I do not think there should be a giant inaccessible region at the bottom of the map, it feels odd; hence can something like this be done:
    If the new map is like this:
    abcde
    wwww
    With abcde representing regions, and w representing wasteland; can it be turned into this:
    abcde
    abcde
    Ergo, a player could control the whole map bar the north pole and have the satisfaction of seeing their colour painted all over the map, in addition you could add rain forest to the very south of the map on the border so the player can see the Deep South. Finally extend the desert up to the new region Saikan (I think...) so the player has more of a chance to fight in it. The resources can then remain where they are and can be placed in Oasis in the desert adding to the variety of the landscape so it is not too uniform.
    Finally, I feel having Harad start with a single province when the player plays as Khand in 2.0 would make their campaign far too easy as it would allow the player rush Harad really easily, or cut them off, and by the time the Blue Wizards roll around Khand would have no threat from Harad thus negating the challenge that option is meant to have, from what I have gathered.

The Wildmen:
    I just wanted to say sorry for the fact that when I wrote up my wildmen idea, I did not know Harad does not get large cities and hence I thought the wildmen were the only ones and did not and that was why i advocated giving them the large city. However, now I have seen the truth I agree with Galu and have revised my suggestion to only give them cities. I feel this would also be nice as many of their buildings require the city or large town and it would be good to allow a more defensive fraction, such as the Vale of Anduin, a way to get these buildings without conquest as i see their campaign becoming very defensive in 2.0 due to Misty Mountain buffs.

Angmar: An Overhaul

Ever since I posted my return of the Witch-King idea, I have been thinking of Angmar, and more specifically a way to integrate the Witch-King without it feeling tacked on. Other thoughts that have been going through my head are the recent suggestions for armour upgrades for the Rhuadaur units and a personal peeve of mine, I feel Angmar's unit progression is far too similar to Isengard in that both fractions start of using a combination of wargs, wildmen units and basic orcs before progressing to heavy infantry orcs. Hence, a massive idea for Angmar came to me that would only involve adding one new unit while changing their unit progression to be more unique as opposed to Isengard.
    Firstly, I feel an important point to make is that Angmar's units can be loosely divided into several categories: Basic Orc units from mordor (Eg. Orc fellers and Snaga); Misty Mountains Units (Eg. Goblin units, wargs); Rhuadaur units (Self explanatory) and the elite units of Scourge Raiders and the Witch-Realm units.

Overall my idea is to make it so that Angmar begins with Carn Dum, Agundaur, I Barad Helag in ruins (Unable to do anything), perhaps a unit or two of Black Numenoreans and only having the ability recruit the 'morder' orcs; and has to reclaim its former lands to unlock the misty mountains units and the Rhuadaur units. (This spike in diffculuty would be offset in my opinion by the increase in rebel garrisons and the chance Lindon and Ered Luin may fight each other) Once done so, Angmar can rebuild Barad Helag's foundations to unlock the ability to recruit diplomats. Angmar then would have to complete a goal (This is where I need ideas) to unlock the ability to restore Barad Helag completely which would allow the return of the Witch-King. Similar to many cultures, the men of Rhuadaur can have the legend of the Witch-King returning to lead them in the darkest hour added in to the lore and hence when the Witch-King returns you can recruit many more units of the men of Rhuadaur as they flock to their 'hero's' banner. Finally the witch-king's return unlocks a new blacksmith tier that would upgrade the men of rhuadour to have light black metal armour.
    The final change comes after the barracks event, the Witch-Realm units would be changed to be elite men of Rhuadour whom the Witch-King has personally selected (Hence, the witch-realm units require the return of the Witch-King) and a new unit would be added, the elite Witch-Realm riders, mounted cavalry. Perhaps to compensate for this new unit and the change in unit progression the scourge raiders could be removed. Essenntially I advocate changing Angmar from a orc nation that uses men to a evil men nation that uses orcs. Their settlement models would be changed to an orc camp with wild men buildings; battlemaps would be unchanged. The unit progression would be for player and AI, the script itself is player only (Hence, the AI does not need to rebuild I Barad Helag, it would have the ruins upgraded to the foundations automatically).

The specifics of my idea are below:

• At turn one a player controlled Angmar begins with only Carn Dum, Agundar, 1-2 units of black numenoreans (?) and the ability to recruit basic 'mordor' orc units only. Barad Helag is a new building called ruins of Barad Helag that does nothing (The tower still stands but it is uninhabitable)
    • Conquering Litash unlocks the ability to recruit misty mountains units and the Wraith general (Who protects Litash, hence the player has to slay him) spawns at Carn Dum
    • Conquering Dol Brin unlocks the ability to recruit men of Rhuadaur anywhere through a new Rhuadaur Barracks building, with the idea they flock to your banner; a second tier can be built in Rhadaur, Ettenmoors, Litash, Shedun and Carn Dum only that allows more to be trained faster. The Rhuadaur general spawns at Carn Dum.
    • Once both settlements are conquered the Ruins of Barad Helag can be upgraded to Foundations of Barad Helag which is the current building in the game. Fairly cheap and the idea the tower is cleaned out and repaired.
    • Once some goal, perhaps conquering Anuminas or Osten Hem is accomplished the Foundations of Barad Helag can be upgraded to Barad Helag with the idea walls are being rebuilt, secondary towers are being restored and the interior is being restored to a pristine condition. This project is fairly expensive and once completed the Witch-King returns to Angmar and Barad Helag becomes his spawn point, he is now Angmar's faction leader
    • The return of the WK unlocks a third tier of the Rhuadaur barracks that can only be built on Dol Brin and Carn Dum, it allows more units to be trained and quicker. His return allows Rhuadaur units to be upgraded with black armour
    • After the BE, as long as the WK has returned, the Witch-Realm units can be recurited who are the Marauder, Pikemen and Rider (Mounted Maraurder); these are now elite men of Rhuadaur rather than orcs to differ Angmar from Isengard. Potentially the scourge raider is removed

I hoped you enjoyed reading my ideas.

UPDATE: Please see my new post further down the page as it contains my updated Angmar ideas, the contents of this post is preserved for archival purposes and a lore explanation of my suggestion (So read it if you want the reasons why I think my idea is a good idea, however the actual content is outdated!)
    Last edited by Link12; May 02, 2017 at 07:44 AM.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Some things I noticed when playing the game, not all suggestions per se:

- Minas Ithil, historically the main city of Ithilien, doesn't get the Ithilien rangers. One could of course argue that once Gondor has taken the city back the purpose of the Ithilien rangers has largely been fulfilled as their purpose was to harass enemy armies in Ithilien and with Ithilien safe that's no longer needed. Cair Andros, Gondorian stronghold in the defense against evil and I'd expect a starting point of many of the rangers' expeditions into Ithilien doesn't get them either. I'd say at least one of the two should get access to them.
    If you think about it it's a bit weird that they're recruitable from Ithilien and not outside of it as the lands of Ithilien are largely depopulated and the rangers were probably men from other parts of Gondor.

- Lossarnach is seen as the northern part of Lebennin so if Ostithil, Tir Ethraid and Tirithoros, neither part of Lebennin, get Lebennin guardsmen shouldn't Lossarnach as well?

- Serelond gets Blackroot Vale archers, their description says they should only be recruitable from Erech and Calembel.

- I'd extend the river south of Caras Falathrim all the way to the mountains, it currently stops a few tiles short of that and a fort is placed near the spring. The fort is however useless for anything other than free upkeep as foreign armies can just pass next to it. I'd relocate the fort to guard the crossing closer to the sea of Rhun.
    It might also be an idea to create at least one or two chokepoints in the Rhovanion plains itself. In my Dorwinion campaign I managed to remain neutral to Rhun until some time after the barracks event which allowed me to beat Dol Guldur back to just its capital (haven't bothered taking it) but I had to watch Rhun march army after army through my lands to crush Dale and Erebor. In the end I found a way of effectively stopping it by blocking the crossing of the Celduin near Ilanin and using 3 small armies to block the way next to the fort south of Caras Falathrim. This still resulted in a few Rhunnic armies marching around on my land without purpose but only the Loke-Khan managed to find the other crossing and made it to the other side. creating a few chokepoints here could also spice up the map in this region, just like the suggestion someone made for the lands north of the Celduin.

- I'm also still in favour of nerving artillery damage vs buildings, stone walls falling after a few volleys of catapults is still not cool.

- More a graphic bug, there's a weird road situation at East Osgliliath/Henneth Annun. Henneth Annun can't build roads, I presume because Henneth Annun is Gondor's super-secret-base. (Imladris is hidden as well and does gets roads but I presume that is to display the road that is described to go from Mithlond to Imladris) However the road from East Osgiliath to Cair Andros goes through Henneth Annun's province for a short forced by a river crossing before turning back into the East Bank province and subsequently Cair Andros, oddly enough though the road remains visible in the small part of North Ithilien it goes through and when it cuts back into the East Bank it dissapears.

This is of course all very minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    Hello again, I have been thinking and a few more ideas have sprung into my head.
    UI, Settlement and Map Changes:
    Firstly, if it has not already been done will the Rhuadaur settlements be changed to the new hillmen settlements to better reflect the men of rhuadaur who live there.
    Secondly, I shall speak of Harad map changes. I do not think there should be a giant inaccessible region at the bottom of the map, it feels odd; hence can something like this be done:
    If the new map is like this:
    abcde
    wwww
    With abcde representing regions, and w representing wasteland; can it be turned into this:
    abcde
    abcde
    Ergo, a player could control the whole map bar the north pole and have the satisfaction of seeing their colour painted all over the map, in addition you could add rain forest to the very south of the map on the border so the player can see the Deep South. Finally extend the desert up to the new region Saikan (I think...) so the player has more of a chance to fight in it. The resources can then remain where they are and can be placed in Oasis in the desert adding to the variety of the landscape so it is not too uniform.
    Finally, I feel having Harad start with a single province when the player plays as Khand in 2.0 would make their campaign far too easy as it would allow the player rush Harad really easily, or cut them off, and by the time the Blue Wizards roll around Khand would have no threat from Harad thus negating the challenge that option is meant to have, from what I have gathered.

The Wildmen:
    I just wanted to say sorry for the fact that when I wrote up my wildmen idea, I did not know Harad does not get large cities and hence I thought the wildmen were the only ones and did not and that was why i advocated giving them the large city. However, now I have seen the truth I agree with Galu and have revised my suggestion to only give them cities. I feel this would also be nice as many of their buildings require the city or large town and it would be good to allow a more defensive fraction, such as the Vale of Anduin, a way to get these buildings without conquest as i see their campaign becoming very defensive in 2.0 due to Misty Mountain buffs.

Angmar: An Overhaul
    Ever since I posted my return of the Witch-King idea, I have been thinking of Angmar, and more specifically a way to integrate the Witch-King without it feeling tacked on. Other thoughts that have been going through my head are the recent suggestions for armour upgrades for the Rhuadaur units and a personal peeve of mine, I feel Angmar's unit progression is far too similar to Isengard in that both fractions start of using a combination of wargs, wildmen units and basic orcs before progressing to heavy infantry orcs. Hence, a massive idea for Angmar came to me that would only involve adding one new unit while changing their unit progression to be more unique as opposed to Isengard.
    Firstly, I feel an important point to make is that Angmar's units can be loosely divided into several categories: Basic Orc units from mordor (Eg. Orc fellers and Snaga); Misty Mountains Units (Eg. Goblin units, wargs); Rhuadaur units (Self explanatory) and the elite units of Scourge Raiders and the Witch-Realm units.

Overall my idea is to make it so that Angmar begins with Carn Dum, Agundaur, I Barad Helag in ruins (Unable to do anything), perhaps a unit or two of Black Numenoreans and only having the ability recruit the 'morder' orcs; and has to reclaim its former lands to unlock the misty mountains units and the Rhuadaur units. (This spike in diffculuty would be offset in my opinion by the increase in rebel garrisons and the chance Lindon and Ered Luin may fight each other) Once done so, Angmar can rebuild Barad Helag's foundations to unlock the ability to recruit diplomats. Angmar then would have to complete a goal (This is where I need ideas) to unlock the ability to restore Barad Helag completely which would allow the return of the Witch-King. Similar to many cultures, the men of Rhuadaur can have the legend of the Witch-King returning to lead them in the darkest hour added in to the lore and hence when the Witch-King returns you can recruit many more units of the men of Rhuadaur as they flock to their 'hero's' banner. Finally the witch-king's return unlocks a new blacksmith tier that would upgrade the men of rhuadour to have light black metal armour.
    The final change comes after the barracks event, the Witch-Realm units would be changed to be elite men of Rhuadour whom the Witch-King has personally selected (Hence, the witch-realm units require the return of the Witch-King) and a new unit would be added, the elite Witch-Realm riders, mounted cavalry. Perhaps to compensate for this new unit and the change in unit progression the scourge raiders could be removed. Essenntially I advocate changing Angmar from a orc nation that uses men to a evil men nation that uses orcs. Their settlement models would be changed to an orc camp with wild men buildings; battlemaps would be unchanged. The unit progression would be for player and AI, the script itself is player only (Hence, the AI does not need to rebuild I Barad Helag, it would have the ruins upgraded to the foundations automatically).

The specifics of my idea are below:

• At turn one a player controlled Angmar begins with only Carn Dum, Agundar, 1-2 units of black numenoreans (?) and the ability to recruit basic 'mordor' orc units only. Barad Helag is a new building called ruins of Barad Helag that does nothing (The tower still stands but it is uninhabitable)
    • Conquering Litash unlocks the ability to recruit misty mountains units and the Wraith general (Who protects Litash, hence the player has to slay him) spawns at Carn Dum
    • Conquering Dol Brin unlocks the ability to recruit men of Rhuadaur anywhere through a new Rhuadaur Barracks building, with the idea they flock to your banner; a second tier can be built in Rhadaur, Ettenmoors, Litash, Shedun and Carn Dum only that allows more to be trained faster. The Rhuadaur general spawns at Carn Dum.
    • Once both settlements are conquered the Ruins of Barad Helag can be upgraded to Foundations of Barad Helag which is the current building in the game. Fairly cheap and the idea the tower is cleaned out and repaired.
    • Once some goal, perhaps conquering Anuminas or Osten Hem is accomplished the Foundations of Barad Helag can be upgraded to Barad Helag with the idea walls are being rebuilt, secondary towers are being restored and the interior is being restored to a pristine condition. This project is fairly expensive and once completed the Witch-King returns to Angmar and Barad Helag becomes his spawn point, he is now Angmar's faction leader
    • The return of the WK unlocks a third tier of the Rhuadaur barracks that can only be built on Dol Brin and Carn Dum, it allows more units to be trained and quicker. His return allows Rhuadaur units to be upgraded with black armour
    • After the BE, as long as the WK has returned, the Witch-Realm units can be recurited who are the Marauder, Pikemen and Rider (Mounted Maraurder); these are now elite men of Rhuadaur rather than orcs to differ Angmar from Isengard. Potentially the scourge raider is removed

I hoped you enjoyed reading my ideas.

Those are some seriously cool ideas! Great job!

I like the idea of changing Angmar to a predominantly human faction, with a few orcs thrown in. Here's a couple of ideas to add to yours:
    - Widen the current gap between Angmar's powerful elites and it's cannon fodder militia/middle tier units (the orcs).
    - Angmar's elites (witch king units) could be made into evil counterparts of the dunedain elites. Small unit size, slow to replenish, very expensive, aor but with stats comparable to the dunedain.
    - Not sure about the idea of an witch king cavalry unit. Personally I don't like seeing evil factions getting cavalry - besides wargs. And Angmar would already be getting the witchking's bodyguard. Maybe an elite archer unit instead (which they also currently lack). This would also tie into the whole twisted dunedain theme.
    - Possible way to keep unit variety - make the current Rhudaur units recruitable anywhere. Rename them something generic. The idea being that the evil men flock to the witch king's banner when regions are conquered. So you still get to play with a fair few human units, with a smattering of aor human elites from Rhudaur itself.

@WeaselWarDance
    I really like your ideas, bar the cavalry and twisted dunedain. The team has said Angmar will NEVER get twisted dunedain (A notion I now agree with considering the small size of the Dunedain population and that they would never give in to the shadow) and I find cavalry is fine. Firstly Dol Guldur gets an unique cavalry unit so I feel it is fair Angmar should as well to be the Witch-King's bodyguard and it would not give them anything new, it would only give them a better version of Rhudaur Scouts. In any case upon some more thinking, and your ideas, here is the roster I would have for Angmar if i had the power to implement it:

NOTE: Firstly all Angmar generals would now be men of Rhudaur and hence have human portraits and human generals on the battlefield, the Dark Lord would hardly send his best orcs on a suicide mission to resurrect a thousand year dead kingdom. The general's bodyguard remains as orcs, as the men of Rhudaur do not mind using expendable orcs to defend themselves. Angmar settlements are the same as an orc camp only there is some wildmen buildings present within them to represent the men of Rhudaur. All units come from various tiers of existing buildings, no new ones are added. The rhuadaur barracks I mentioned in my previous post is no longer a thing, so ignore it.

Basic Orc Units Available From the Start:

• Snaga Stalkers
    • Orc Fellers
    • Orc Halberdiers
    • Orc Marauders
    • Guardians of Carn Dum (AoR Unit still, acts as ultimate Orc unit)

Misty Mountain AoR Units (Can only be recruited in regions adjacent to Misty Mountains) Gained From Conquering Litash:

• Wraith General
    • Goblin Band
    • Goblin Archers
    • Warg Riders

Rhudaur AoR Units (Can only be recruited in Rhudaur regions and Ettenmors) Gained From Conquering Dol Brin

• Rhuadur General
    • Rhudaur Savages
    • Rhudaur Archers
    • Hillmen

Men of Carn Dum (Once Barad Helag is restored from its ruined state to Foundations these units can be recruited everywhere in low low numbers, these are men of all colours and creeds who were either pressed into the service of Angmar or volunteered for it, massive jump up from orcs but lower numbers; units begin with armour that is a hybrid of angmar plate and rhudaur amour but this can be upgraded to full plate)

• Pikes of Carn Dum
    • Blades of Carn Dum
    • Raiders of Carn Dum

These three units replace the Rhudaur pikemen, swordmen and scouts respectively and can be recruited in larger numbers after the BE once the WK has returned to Angmar.

Trolls:

• Cave Trolls
    • Snow Trolls

Witch-Realm Units (Can be trained after the BE if the WK has returned to Angmar, changed to elite human units):

• Witch-Realm Marauders
    • Witch-Realm Pikes
    • Witch-Realm Riders (Mounted human versions of Guardians of Carn Dum with armour of Witch-Realm units)
    • Witch-Realm Rangers (Evil men trained in the arts of the dunedain using stolen knowledge gained from looting ancient strongholds and torturing prisoners, stake unit for Angmar. Theses are NOT fallen dunedain, and hence are inferior to dunedain, as they are only normal men trained in the arts of the Dunedain. VERY VERY RARE)

The two units that would be removed from the game to make way for the new witch-realm units (The Men of Carn Dum replace rhudaur units, so the replaced rhuadur units would no longer exist) would be scourge raiders and warg skirmishers. Now that Angmar's elites would be human, they would have better morale and there would be no need for a chanter unit. In addition, now that the misty mountains no longer use the warg skirmisher in 2.0 (They use a crossbow warg) I believe those wargs serve no purpose and as Anmgar is the only faction that uses them in 2.0, I do not believe Angmar needs them or is a big enough of a warg faction to merit keeping them. Overall my proposed roster would neither free up any unit slots or use any additional. The main weakness of Angmar would still be that they are surrounded and lack effective range as they have to rely on AoR and a single rare elite unit. The player gains the above roster slowly as they complete the 'Rebuilding Angmar script" while the AI has it instantly unlocked as I detailed in my above post.

Finally on a completely unrelated note, now that we just play as the Black Serpent Clan in Harad in 2.0, can our leader be the iconic "Black Snake", Suladan rather than the obscure Khuzaymah as I feel Suladan is more more appropriate, iconic and just cool.
    Last edited by Link12; May 02, 2017 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Grammer and Spelling
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Hi to all! I have a little sugesstion about a few units.

Northern Dunedain - I think archer militia is the most unused unit in the roster. I'm not big fun of militia captains as well, you can recruit numbers of better and cheaper archers. Yes you do need bring them from homelands but still, archers usually don't suffer huge casualties, like frontline units do. What do you think about deleting archer militia and adding new unit for second level of militia barracks, solid but not "elite" frontliner, something like heavy militia? I also have an idea for militia captains - give them spear and shield, make them unique archer and spearmen at the same time with maybe less missisles and range.

Isengard - Sentries of Orthanc -I think they should get shield and spear too. After barracks event there is no point to recruit them and in early game they would be a nice against main enemy - Rohan.

I don't like the idea of having Rhudaur generals. The Witch-King never put the men of Rhudaur in charge of the Orcs, and why would the orcs follow the men of Rhudaur? Firstly the men of Rhudaur are in Rhudaur, not the Witch-Realm and why would they be up there running the orcs? Secondly the orcs outnumber the men of Rhudaur especially since they don't appear to be united but rather split in tribes.
    I prefer it as it is now, where Sauron sends one capable leader, Agandaur, to Angmar to rebuild it who then recruits his own captains from the orcs and later on turns the men of Rhudaur to his cause with promises of wealth and power and they form another division of his army the same way Saruman uses the Dunlendings (who they are after all descended from).
    Also I don't like the idea that Angmar would have to conquer its regions to unlock units. I believe the reason this is done for Harad and Rhun is because these campaigns are too easy and making you conquer you're own regions gives the AI a bit of time to build up. In Angmar's case however the campaign is already the most difficult in the game. Increased difficulty is not needed.
    I am also against the Carn Dum men, because these would be an Angmar only thing and unusable by the ND which would take away from their campaign.
    I do agree with you that Angmar could do with some more Archers and Cav and I also agree that they could replace the Warg Skirmishers and Hillmen (because the Skirmishers aren't very usefull compared to normal Wargs and the Hillmen are just trash) but I would prefer a new Rhudaur heavy cavalry unit and a ranged version of the Guardians of Carn Dum (either crossbows or archers).

I think we will take a look through and see if some units cannot be re purposed, such as the Hillmen and the Dunedain Militia Archers.

I agree that Archer Militia are indeed useless. But they are just that, simple militia.

But don't underestimate Militia Captains.
    They are not Dunedain Archers it's true, but they have armor and shield. They can tranform themself in a good and solide line infantry when it's needed.

Many many times the MC saved my ass covering holes in my Dunedains Men-at-Arms in hard and difficult battles in the end game, or protecting other archer units more stronger in damage but so much weaker fighting in melee.
    Last edited by Netheriel; May 03, 2017 at 06:57 AM.

I would like to give a simple suggestions :

Growing of King Purse for Good Or Evil A.I Factions :

- To create a script choosable at turn 1. The script increase propose 3 suggestions :

1 : No change.
    2 : Buff of Good faction King Purse : Every good faction controled by A.I has aking purse which increase by +200 gold each turn. Game become a fight against the clock to win fast !
    3 : Buff of Evil faction King Purse : Same idea, but for the Evils factions.

I think it would allow players who like challenge to find an easy satisfaction, for a a small work to the game : no work on units, on balance, just on king purse.

There's something that plagued my mind since my first woodland realm campaign: Would it be possible to create something like the rebuilding of Amon Lanc? In the lore the old fortress is completely destroyed after beeing reclaimed by the silvan elves, and gets overgrown with grass and trees.
    So what I was thinking, could Dol Goldur start as a fortress? If it is then conquered by either Lothlorien or Mirkwood, you gain the option to "rebuild" Dol Guldur to reestablish it to it's former glory as Amon Lanc. This will either be a requirement or indeed the actual uprgade to a citadel, which would give the possibility to both a new CSM model and battlemap, right?
    I know there are some more important changes to be done for 2.0, but maybe this could get to the bottom of the to-do-list? I would be very happy to hear you opinions! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    There's something that plagued my mind since my first woodland realm campaign: Would it be possible to create something like the rebuilding of Amon Lanc? In the lore the old fortress is completely destroyed after beeing reclaimed by the silvan elves, and gets overgrown with grass and trees.
    So what I was thinking, could Dol Goldur start as a fortress? If it is then conquered by either Lothlorien or Mirkwood, you gain the option to "rebuild" Dol Guldur to reestablish it to it's former glory as Amon Lanc. This will either be a requirement or indeed the actual uprgade to a citadel, which would give the possibility to both a new CSM model and battlemap, right?
    I know there are some more important changes to be done for 2.0, but maybe this could get to the bottom of the to-do-list? I would be very happy to hear you opinions! :-)
    It would be possiblea but making a battlemap is not something the team is able to do currently. And Amon Lanc means bare hill, so it is not restoring a fortress there, more like destroying one

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Imrahil View Post
    It would be possiblea but making a battlemap is not something the team is able to do currently. And Amon Lanc means bare hill, so it is not restoring a fortress there, more like destroying one
    I would look personally into creating the new battlemap when I get the time to delve into modding. I thought Amon Lanc has been the former capital of Orophers Realm in the second age, so there had to be some kind of settlement, right? In the wiki it also says fortress...

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    I would look personally into creating the new battlemap when I get the time to delve into modding. I thought Amon Lanc has been the former capital of Orophers Realm in the second age, so there had to be some kind of settlement, right? In the wiki it also says fortress...
    Essentially.
    "Long before the War of the Alliance, Oropher, King of the Silvan Elves east of Anduin, being disturbed by rumours of the rising power of Sauron, had left their ancient dwellings about Amon Lanc, across the river from their kin in Lórien."
    So called because:
    "Amon Lanc, "Naked Hill," was the highest point in the highland at the south-west corner of the Greenwood, and was so called because no trees grew on its summit. In later days it was Dol Guldur, the first stronghold of Sauron after his awakening."
    Quotes from UT.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Essentially.
    "Long before the War of the Alliance, Oropher, King of the Silvan Elves east of Anduin, being disturbed by rumours of the rising power of Sauron, had left their ancient dwellings about Amon Lanc, across the river from their kin in Lórien."
    So called because:
    "Amon Lanc, "Naked Hill," was the highest point in the highland at the south-west corner of the Greenwood, and was so called because no trees grew on its summit. In later days it was Dol Guldur, the first stronghold of Sauron after his awakening."
    Quotes from UT.
    Can I conclude that by this mentions of Amon Lanc beeing some kind of settlement, or even the former capital are wrong?
    In this case I still think that it would be odd for the elves to reclaim their former "area of dwelling" so to speak and let the dark castle tower above their lands. It could be completely destroyed and turn Dol Guldur into the basic barren hill with possible elven buliding on the foot of the hill. In this case I would disable the possibility of an invasion, as a mere hill would be of no strategic value anymore. This would make sense lore-wise I hope. But what could be more interesting is the construction of some kind of fortress, to watch the newly aquired lands and also ta act as a shield against Mordor and Rhun.

This could even tie in to a cleansing of the mirkwood skript/quest:
    Once a silvan or possible high elv/Dorwninion Avari path player conquers Dol Guldur and razes it (the fortifications) to the ground, the skript will trigger. There would be a spawn of some rogue/rebel ork bands, once they are defeated, the green wood is habitable again. All regions of the greenwood get growth and wealth bonuses, if possible, it could also make the further upgrading of woodland settlements possible. ANother option would be a unique building chain covering the reconstruction of the southern forest road.

Any thoughts?