Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 186893108109110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2365

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

  1. #2341

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Could I make a suggestion? About Bree and how their settlements look, I was thinking that because we barely see Bree's iconic towns and castles, why not give the same settlement look, albeit slightly edited in colour maybe, to Dorwinion. I'd think it would suit very much with the 'Vineyard' look.
    Thank you for your suggestion. We actually do plan to have unique CSM towns and castles for Dorwinion which will have vines, gardens, and a somewhat Mediterranean style design and we may update their battlemaps to show the unique features depending on Arkay's workload. That said, I can't say for sure if the new Dorwinion CSMs will be in V4 as I have other work on my to-do list.

  2. #2342

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteDwarf View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. We actually do plan to have unique CSM towns and castles for Dorwinion which will have vines, gardens, and a somewhat Mediterranean style design and we may update their battlemaps to show the unique features depending on Arkay's workload. That said, I can't say for sure if the new Dorwinion CSMs will be in V4 as I have other work on my to-do list.
    That sounds amazing! I hope it'll be in V4, but we'll see. Don't overwork yourselves.
    Mediterranean as in Italian? If I might and you're willing to consider another suggestion? What about a Persian/Babylonian style? Hanging gardens and all that. It would separate North-men there from the others, and minarets could pass off as Elvish. Considering that it is the 'east' it might add some more flavor.

    Again just a suggestion, do with it what you want.

  3. #2343

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Why were the Noldorin Guard removed from the High Elves ?
    And is there any initiative of maybe giving it to Glorfindel or somebody else ?

  4. #2344

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Is there any way to turn the scripts off entirely...maybe that will help the balance for me...random evil armies popping out of nowhere, that I, nor any good factions need.

  5. #2345

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Watching Galu's Dorwinion campaign on Youtube, I decided to share an old idea of mine.

    So with Dorwinion you get to choose which general idea you want to follow: elves or northmen leading role in your realm. Whatever you choose it will disable the other. Why? Just because one "party is on power" (for example: elves) the other race still exists (I mean northmen could still arm themself for war, Vitner Court would still exist, etc).

    My suggestion is, that no matter what would you choose (elves or northmen) you would get access to the full Dorwinim roster - the real difference would be the availibility.
    if you choose northmen, you can train elite northmen everywhere, but you could access avari elites (and lower tiers) on one place - the "avari safeharbour" - the Isle of Neburkah. That would make the island very interesting in my opinion.
    If you choose elves, you have elven elites everywhere in general - but you could slowly train elite northmen in Sant Annui (the newly appointed center of the Vitner Court).
    This way, you could have a few elven units from "the avari island" of Neburkah, though they would train very slowly. On the other hand, playing as the elves, you could slowly train elite Northmen from Sant Annui, the Vitner-capital, but their slow replenishment would be a bit fastened by the sheer fact that Sant Annui is a castle, but that's all right. Northmen would rally faster for fight along the avari.

    I wonder if you like this idea.

  6. #2346

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    I do! That's such a dreadfull decision when it comes your way.

  7. #2347

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe95 View Post
    Watching Galu's Dorwinion campaign on Youtube, I decided to share an old idea of mine.

    So with Dorwinion you get to choose which general idea you want to follow: elves or northmen leading role in your realm. Whatever you choose it will disable the other. Why? Just because one "party is on power" (for example: elves) the other race still exists (I mean northmen could still arm themself for war, Vitner Court would still exist, etc).

    My suggestion is, that no matter what would you choose (elves or northmen) you would get access to the full Dorwinim roster - the real difference would be the availibility.
    if you choose northmen, you can train elite northmen everywhere, but you could access avari elites (and lower tiers) on one place - the "avari safeharbour" - the Isle of Neburkah. That would make the island very interesting in my opinion.
    If you choose elves, you have elven elites everywhere in general - but you could slowly train elite northmen in Sant Annui (the newly appointed center of the Vitner Court).
    This way, you could have a few elven units from "the avari island" of Neburkah, though they would train very slowly. On the other hand, playing as the elves, you could slowly train elite Northmen from Sant Annui, the Vitner-capital, but their slow replenishment would be a bit fastened by the sheer fact that Sant Annui is a castle, but that's all right. Northmen would rally faster for fight along the avari.

    I wonder if you like this idea.
    I don't like the idea, i love it.

    Btw, when i play with Rhûn or Harad, i use a compilation of music of 19 tracks, if anyone would want to listen it too, click the following link.

    https://mega.nz/#!lMBR2Yzb!yJ1p2X17t...W9rXXQgy0MbCF0

  8. #2348

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe95 View Post
    Watching Galu's Dorwinion campaign on Youtube, I decided to share an old idea of mine.

    So with Dorwinion you get to choose which general idea you want to follow: elves or northmen leading role in your realm. Whatever you choose it will disable the other. Why? Just because one "party is on power" (for example: elves) the other race still exists (I mean northmen could still arm themself for war, Vitner Court would still exist, etc).

    My suggestion is, that no matter what would you choose (elves or northmen) you would get access to the full Dorwinim roster - the real difference would be the availibility.
    if you choose northmen, you can train elite northmen everywhere, but you could access avari elites (and lower tiers) on one place - the "avari safeharbour" - the Isle of Neburkah. That would make the island very interesting in my opinion.
    If you choose elves, you have elven elites everywhere in general - but you could slowly train elite northmen in Sant Annui (the newly appointed center of the Vitner Court).
    That is a good idea, the elite soldiers should fight for either side at least to some extent, because whatever divisions they have pale in comparison with the good/evil war. Neither side is nefarious in this case.

    One idea with Dorwinion that I thought of is to make the Elven/Human choice not about different political factions in the realm, but to make the leader a Half Elf/Half Man, who has to choose whether to accept the gift of Men or go with the Eldar. There is precedent for this in the lore. Elrond and his brother Elros were half Elves who choose different fates, and Elladan and Elrohir, who are three quarters elven, were given the choice and even told they can delay until after Elrond left Middle Earth. If Dorwinion chooses to be Elves their culture should change to Elven with maybe 1/3 of the Northmen culture converting to Elven. (This refers to the culture that is religion in the files. Building culture would remain unchanged.) This should allow new generals to have Elven portraits, and it makes sense that a majority human land would have some unrest during the transition.

  9. #2349

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    I haven't looked in files but just from difference in gamplay I am quite sure that BotEoT uses different battle ai and I must admit that this is the best one I have used. It is the only mod in which I don't auto resolve so much because battles are so interesting. Enemy spear units actively search your cav, enemy cav just waitd for the opportunity to flank and if it has advantage against your cav it will swarm it if you try to hit at the back of enemies. Also enemy cav doesn't blindly charge spears unless it is a heavy cav against light spears. Not to mention that enemies will sometimes charge at you, even if they seem weaker and sometimes they'll wait for you to attack, no matter who is the attacker. Also, cav is susceptibility to archer attack, so no more ultra heavy cav soaking enemy ammo supply. So, are the devs going to consider implementing that ai?

  10. #2350

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Under what difficulty is the mod sharpened? I play on medium difficulty, is everything right?

  11. #2351

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by haydra View Post
    Under what difficulty is the mod sharpened? I play on medium difficulty, is everything right?
    The mod is balanced for very hard, but if you are enjoying yourself with your current play then don't worry

  12. #2352

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    The mod is balanced for very hard, but if you are enjoying yourself with your current play then don't worry
    Ok, then i'll try very hard

  13. #2353

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Perhaps with the Dorwinion situation, you could make all the generals 100% elven but have custom human generals spawn every 20 or so turns. Similar to the Elrond Sons, Gandalf, Glorfindel and Nazgul scripts. And maybe you can add some kind of trigger where when you capture a certain settlement or # of settlements different human generals spawn. Or perhaps every time you upgrade to a city it spawns a human General signifying the growth of the human population and subsequent involvement in the Dorwinion Counsel affairs.

  14. #2354
    Burlini's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Recently I was thinking about the different monetary bonuses that the different races within DaC get when building mines (Dwarves get the most money out of them, followed by I thought Moria and then the Elves ect.) and I thought that it would be a good idea to expand this.

    I propose the following: Make each race of DaC specialise in its own building line and let them have comparative advantages to the other races within this building line

    This can look something like this:

    Mines: (Dwarves) Increased income and population growth
    Farms (Wood Elves) Increased income and bonus to health or happiness
    Ports (High Elves and AA) Increased income + population growth
    Markets (Northmen) Increased Income + population growth
    Blacksmiths (Gondor + Northern Dunedain) Bonus to happiness + population growth
    Stables (Rohan, khand) Happiness population growth
    Farmland buildings, those than allow the farmhand units to be trained (Bree Dunland Enedwaith) Increased income + happiness
    Culture buildings (Orcs) Increased morale/weapon boost + law

    This is just a quick sketch and I know we already have building lines than give distinct bonuses, but I think it's a good idea to diversify these and see some significant differences between all factions. Or we could give additional free upkeep in these building lines based or through buildings based on their military preferences (Rohan, khand from the stables, Elves from the archery ranges, Dwarves from the siege engine buildings, Orcs from the barracks and the Dunedain from their archery ranges as well). I think this further helps making every campaign feel unique by making certain buildings even more important for factions.
    Last edited by Burlini; October 28, 2019 at 07:25 AM.

  15. #2355

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    If you want you could really update troll models, especialy snow trolls they are really outdated. There is a lot new models with much higher quality.

  16. #2356

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Hi, mates! What's up? Just two suggestions, if still there's room for some unit, what about these ones?
    Kataphract Chariots ( heavy version of Süri'ut Chariots for Easterlings) & Kataphract Stormriders ( heavy version of Uushixià Stormriders of Khand). What for? To have an elite version of the chariots.

    The Kataphract Chariots could have the golden armored horses of Lôke-Innas Rim & one armored golden chariot. The Kataphract Stormriders could have the silver armored horses of Warlord's Kataphrakts & one armored silver chariot.

    Süri'ut Kataphracts's stats:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Soldiers 9
    Experience 0
    Melee Attack 20
    Missile Attack 10
    Charge Bonus 33
    Weapon Type Missile
    Total Defence 23
    Armour 20
    Defence Skill 3
    Shield 0
    Hit Points 3
    Recruitment Cost 1800
    Upkeep 900


    Uushixià Kataphracts's stats:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Soldiers 9
    Experience 0
    Melee Attack 17
    Missile Attack 17
    Charge Bonus 23
    Weapon Type Missile
    Total Defence 19
    Armour 13
    Defence Skill 6
    Shield 0
    Hit Points 3
    Recruitment Cost 1800
    Upkeep 900


    The abilities at glance would be the same like their previous chariot's versions.
    Last edited by Garnash; November 03, 2019 at 12:59 PM.

  17. #2357

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    AA is lacking in variety in archers and javelins. For an infantry focused faction, they should have more ranged options. I think the corsair units should have a thrown option. I mean, all of them. I would also highly support the resurrection of Naru'n'Aru Royal Archers - or something similar - because I feel like proper Númenórean factions should come with a steelbow unit. This includes KoG and DA, they should really get a steelbow unit as well. ND and AA should have trebuchets. I have said this before and I will keep saying it again. And on the topic of siege warfare, AA should have unique siege engine crews. The generic southron plebs working AA catapults or ballistae just murder my immersion.

  18. #2358

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LordBlackblade View Post
    AA is lacking in variety in archers and javelins. For an infantry focused faction, they should have more ranged options. I think the corsair units should have a thrown option. I mean, all of them. I would also highly support the resurrection of Naru'n'Aru Royal Archers - or something similar - because I feel like proper Númenórean factions should come with a steelbow unit. This includes KoG and DA, they should really get a steelbow unit as well. ND and AA should have trebuchets. I have said this before and I will keep saying it again. And on the topic of siege warfare, AA should have unique siege engine crews. The generic southron plebs working AA catapults or ballistae just murder my immersion.
    To have unique siege crews we would need to create a new unit. We only have space for 3 more units and one that is idnetical to another except the crew wear a different colour is not a worthy candidate. I appreciate your views on the AA needing more bows but we think they are fine as they are. I would also argue strongly against steelbows for DA or Gondor because neither of those factions are 'proper Númenóreans'.

  19. #2359

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I would also argue strongly against steelbows for DA or Gondor because neither of those factions are 'proper Númenóreans'.
    The reponse I want to give: (Insert an intellectual response that argues Gondorians were the 'true' descendants of Númenór, being the 'Dúnedain of the South' who actually managed to maintain their Kingdom, and that the scattered Northern Dúnedain barely resemble the Númenóreans of old).

    The response I need to give: (Reeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

    But more seriously, if Gondor/DA ever were to get a Steelbow unit, replacing the Minas Ithil Guardians unit with a certain mod's Minas Ithil Steelbowmen, they would have to become available really late in the game, and spawning in the recruitment pool once every 25 turns to distinguish Gondor/DA from the ND.
    Last edited by T.W. Stanforth; November 09, 2019 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Grammar

  20. #2360

    Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    To have unique siege crews we would need to create a new unit. We only have space for 3 more units and one that is idnetical to another except the crew wear a different colour is not a worthy candidate. I appreciate your views on the AA needing more bows but we think they are fine as they are. I would also argue strongly against steelbows for DA or Gondor because neither of those factions are 'proper Númenóreans'.
    Maybe Gondorian siege crew would be more appropriate?

    The only Steelbows that the Ar-Ardanium should get are the Black Numenorians. AA should be able to access Mordors Temple units at some point, maybe the requirement would be if they conquer Durthang.

    Additionally, AA don’t really need their unique cavalry unit; maybe they should just be replaced by Temple Knights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •