Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 136388103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2353

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    A suggestion for a change haha
    I think this new units look for Harad are going to be inlcuded in new version of Reforged when its get relised and they are really amazing looking much more better than vanilla third age harad, since Harad didnt get some love for some time now, tney are made by Cowering Coma if i am not mistaken and are really good.
    Here some pics and thank you.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...408/image0.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...888/image1.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...064/image0.png
    Sweet!
    Totally second that

I don't know if this has being posted yet >>in part or in whole<<, for there are more than one hundred posts, I saw the firsts and the lasts of them. Why does Rohan's AI gets steam rolled 9 out of 10 times by Isengard's AI, and why Rhn's AI is so strong that it literally wins over three or four factions, even if they are allies, and ends up crushing them >>and they include Dwarves of Erebor, Dale, Dorwinion, and Woodland Realm [AI's]<<?

I saw some posts saying many things about Isengard, but come on, in this aspect >>pardon me<< Isengard is much more powerful than Rohan >>I think there is still much balance needed between these factions [in the books the war happens decades after those events, and before the year 3000 of the Third Age Rohan most of the times is already completely destroyed by Isengard]<<.

In the books Dale and Erebor were able to withstand >>I believe<< a huge army of the easterlings, so with the help of Dorwinion they should be able, at least sometimes to completely destroy them or at least one of the factions on that region should be able >>for example, Dorwinion<< to hold them back as an equally powerful enemy of the easterlings OR with some alliance hold them back or win against them.

Gondor seems to able to withstand a long time against Mordor, which is reasonable. And a few times win the war, though Mordor is ridiculously strong, so I would say that there could be more balance between them. Tolkien talks that Mordor at that time was not actually THAT powerful >>and was considerably weaker compared to the Second Age<< and says that Gondor, even though decadent, was still VERY powerful.

And finally. Why do the Orcs of the Misty Mountains have SO many territories on Eriador >>they begin with three cities [if I am not mistaken] there<<? Imladris gets besieged in the first turns by them, which is completely anti-lore? I think this must be changed.

Well, those were a just few observations and critiques that I thought should be considered for a future changing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Fanro View Post
    I don't know if this has being posted yet >>in part or in whole<<, for there are more than one hundred posts, I saw the firsts and the lasts of them. Why does Rohan's AI gets steam rolled 9 out of 10 times by Isengard's AI, and why Rhn's AI is so strong that it literally wins over three or four factions, even if they are allies, and ends up crushing them >>and they include Dwarves of Erebor, Dale, Dorwinion, and Woodland Realm [AI's]<<?

I saw some posts saying many things about Isengard, but come on, in this aspect >>pardon me<< Isengard is much more powerful than Rohan >>I think there is still much balance needed between these factions [in the books the war happens decades after those events, and before the year 3000 of the Third Age Rohan most of the times is already completely destroyed by Isengard]<<.

In the books Dale and Erebor were able to withstand >>I believe<< a huge army of the easterlings, so with the help of Dorwinion they should be able, at least sometimes to completely destroy them or at least one of the factions on that region should be able >>for example, Dorwinion<< to hold them back as an equally powerful enemy of the easterlings OR with some alliance hold them back or win against them.

Gondor seems to able to withstand a long time against Mordor, which is reasonable. And a few times win the war, though Mordor is ridiculously strong, so I would say that there could be more balance between them. Tolkien talks that Mordor at that time was not actually THAT powerful >>and was considerably weaker compared to the Second Age<< and says that Gondor, even though decadent, was still VERY powerful.

And finally. Why do the Orcs of the Misty Mountains have SO many territories on Eriador >>they begin with three cities [if I am not mistaken] there<<? Imladris gets besieged in the first turns by them, which is completely anti-lore? I think this must be changed.

Well, those were a just few observations and critiques that I thought should be considered for a future changing the game.
    I will try to explain to you as best i can maybe i am wrong about smt, so lets start. Isengard crushes Rohan 9/10 times because cavalry is very bad in autoreslove (med 2 prefers heavy infantry in autoresolve very much) and Isengard infantry just stomps anything that Rohan have. Rhun was nerfed several times but they are still a powerhouse because they conquer so many settlments so their economy is massive and they just roll over anybody (if they were to weak and loose, then automaticly mordor is doomed from behind and basicly all evil factions lose) and for OOTM they are purposly changed since Gundabad was added, to have settlments in Eriador so they expand into it and help Angmar in their struggle ( Eriador has too many strong good factions which only enemy is Angmar so OTMM are there to spice up a little, and that why maybe one day Ered Luin will get a script to turn evil)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    I will try to explain to you as best i can maybe i am wrong about smt, so lets start. Isengard crushes Rohan 9/10 times because cavalry is very bad in autoreslove (med 2 prefers heavy infantry in autoresolve very much) and Isengard infantry just stomps anything that Rohan have. Rhun was nerfed several times but they are still a powerhouse because they conquer so many settlments so their economy is massive and they just roll over anybody (if they were to weak and loose, then automaticly mordor is doomed from behind and basicly all evil factions lose) and for OOTM they are purposly changed since Gundabad was added, to have settlments in Eriador so they expand into it and help Angmar in their struggle ( Eriador has too many strong good factions which only enemy is Angmar so OTMM are there to spice up a little, and that why maybe one day Ered Luin will get a script to turn evil)
    Thank you for your reply!

Why then the team doesn't make Rohan's infantry stronger? Tolkien said that a good part of Rohan's army was infantry >>the movies of Peter Jackson extrapolate a lot their cavalry numbers<<, and Rohan did defeat Saruman's armies. I still believe that Rhn should be balanced with the northern factions to the point where it would be very hard for them winning against those I've aforementioned and explained. The OTMM I see a reasonable explanation in terms of gameplay, the others don't seem good reasons in terms of lore AND gameplay. Ered Luin definitely should not be evil in terms of lore.

Rohan did indeed defeat Isengard in the end but that was only through the intervention of the Ents, the victory at Helm's Deep was a costly one. In the books most of Rohan fights in mounted formation, their infantry is only noted in the defense of Helm's Deep and the Fords of Isen and in both cases they were not successful without cavalry or the Ents. In every game I play Rohan does precisely what they did, they slowly loose (and have won once or twice) against Isengard. They always keep hold of Helm's Deep and Edoras for a loooooong time so it seems perfectly lore balanced and fun. Maybe not if you exclusively play as an evil nation but still.

Regarding Rhn it makes perfect sense for them to build to such strength. It was only the fall of Sauron which sapped the cohesion and fighting will of the Easterlings and forced them into a rout before the gates of Erebor. In most of my campaigns they become strong but it takes them 100+ turns, at which point you should be able to support those beleaguered factions in the North (or if you are in the north you should be the one winning). Look up the "battle of Dale" on the Lotr wiki for easy access to the material, or check the appendices in "The Return of the King", the strength of the Easterlings is made very obvious there.

The auto resolve is the issue with some factions. There is a big problem with "Great Beasts" and Mamukils. If any are in the opposing army, no matter how small, they are gonna WIN auto-resolve. I sent 3 or 4 STACKS of Umbar troops against something like a half stack of Khand that contained a Great Beast, and lost taking like 5k casualties.

The campaign is more or less balanced IF you go into it knowing which sides and factions you will have to prop up or intervene against. Gondor will always need help in the end. Dorwinian and Rohan are doomed without direct and STRONG intervention on your part. Angmar is doomed without direct and strong intervention. The rest is slightly up in the air.

Ive never, ever played a game where I was on "mordors" side. Because then there is no fun because Mordor wins on its own. If you want challenge, you HAVE to play "against" the easternlings and mordor if you are east of the Misty Mountains and you HAVE to play against the Blue Dwarves if you are on the west side of the Misty Mountains. Thats just the way it is.

This is why I was happy with the Istari events for Khand, and have been waiting so long for the evil ring events for the Blue Dwarves, so finally I can break the mold and have a fresher game.

You have to keep in mind that it is easy to demand more balancing, but it's a monumental task to do.

Nearly everything in the game affects the balancing: changes on the campaign map as well as changes in the roster. Also, the engine limits balancing, as after a while nations will start to grow and overpower their neighbours.
    DAC's balancing is focused on the early phase of the game (~100 turns) and it mostly got better over time.

I am totally fine with it, as i believe most campaigns are won (not over) before turn 150 and most factions are still alive then.

Just finished a Goblins of Moria campaign and was so surprised by how much I loved the faction. Azog's defilers are a LOT of fun.

However, just a couple of things. Bodyguard recruitment is still set in Goblin Town so I couldn't recruit new generals until I'd taken it. Apart from the Faction Leader with the Mountain Uruks, the other two unique generals felt lacklustre. Mountain Orc Hunters are great but get chewed up easily which means that general is so often killed early. The Warg Rider Faction Heir is ok at the start but after the Barracks Event his bodyguard is so weak that it's very hard to use him well. It'd be great if he could have Azog's Defilers but I imagine that would be a bit OP for the early game.

Maybe an Azog Defiler general could arrive later in some sort of 'Sauron wakes up the goblins in the Misty Mountains'. Perhaps make it a bigger change and this shows the arrival of a contingent of more powerful uruks sent to unite the Misty Mountains and focus the goblins towards fulfilling Sauron's aims.

OR, the Azog Defiler general could arise in response to the arrival of the Dwarven expedition and their taking of Khazad-dum (or their failure to take it and destruction).

On to other units. Loved snaga. They are so massively underrated. They were useful the whole way through the game.

Flame wrangler. I was never really able to use these in a way that would justify putting them in an army instead of something else. They're devastating when they're lucky enough to hit but mostly set grass on fire. I was thinking perhaps of giving them less of a spread of fire and making them a little more accurate. Obviously making them more accurate with their current potential damage would be hugely overpowered but how they are at the moment felt unfun (except for the one perfect time they burn almost an entire elven general and his bodyguard).

Also, and I think this might be a bug, when the dwarven expedition turned up and it immediately went into a battle, if I withdrew from the battle instead of fighting it, the Khazad-dum dwarven faction was destroyed and two huge rebel dwarf armies were left camped in front of Khazad-dum. (I played a bit after this and they were very useful at stopping khazad-dum from ever being sieged, made it too easy so I reloaded). Also as this battle wasn't actually a siege battle, despite being fought on the khazad-dum battle map, any armouries I had built in preparation didn't spawn defenders.

Amazing mod. I hope the goblins get a little more focus, they're far more fun than I thought they'd be.

A suggestion that I would have would be to add Grimbold as a general for Rohan and provide him with Eored Heavy Footmen - the backbone of Rohan's infantry line. The heavy footmen unit would be of great use in the shield wall formation defending the Fords of Isen in the early campaign and would be good fun. Tolkien described the Fords of Isen as being defended by a shield wall so logically having the heavy footmen early on to defend the Fords would make sense.

Grimbold was a fierce warrior at the battles of the Fords of Isen and clove through many Uruks defending the Fords. After the fall of Theodred he took command as acting Marshal and was responsible for the mustering of the Westfold. He even made and appearance in the movies twice. I know that he doesn't really rise to prominence until after the Battle of the Fords of Isen but I just like his valour and Rohan could use a little more early game infantry to change it up.

Eomund could be removed as a BG and be replaced with Grimbold and Grimbold could be placed in Framsburg which would move Gamling to Dunlostir and Hama to Edoras where he belongs. Or whatever combination seems fit as long as he is added.

I really have big problems playing as Gondor with the randomness of the corsairs invasions. Its not really me but Dol Amroth. I play on very hard because I read on the download site of the mod that thats the difficulty the game is balanced for. And Dol Amroth does NOTHING against the corsairs invasions and I have to send in a whole stacked army just to keep them alive, and they still it up because then they camp inside their settlements. I manages it to turn 150 as Gondor and it was pretty much a stalemate, with mordor slowly pushing (I was defending Cair Andros and West Osgilliath for about 120 turns) and they just besieged me with crap orc units and all my elite units slowly perished due to the siege wear. I dont know if I am just super bad at the game but the factions on my side mostly lose while the enemy is complete overkill. But as I said the biggest problem as Gondor are the random raids for they completely destroy my ally Dol Amroth. I played as Rhn the game before and I won, but man this game is super hard. Any suggestions how to "balance" the force between my allies and my enemies so I even stand a "little" chance as Gondor?

I know i am boring and have suggested this for years now, but please add reforged model for mumakil its much less buggy and doesnt die twice, a real improvment. Really dont see the reason why not add it since as i am aware you can use whatever you ask from them and reforged from you and since 0.97 went out you could use Comas much improved and gorgeous new Harad infantry units.
    Thank you.

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lke-Rim Soldier View Post
    I really have big problems playing as Gondor with the randomness of the corsairs invasions. Its not really me but Dol Amroth. I play on very hard because I read on the download site of the mod that thats the difficulty the game is balanced for. And Dol Amroth does NOTHING against the corsairs invasions and I have to send in a whole stacked army just to keep them alive, and they still it up because then they camp inside their settlements. I manages it to turn 150 as Gondor and it was pretty much a stalemate, with mordor slowly pushing (I was defending Cair Andros and West Osgilliath for about 120 turns) and they just besieged me with crap orc units and all my elite units slowly perished due to the siege wear. I dont know if I am just super bad at the game but the factions on my side mostly lose while the enemy is complete overkill. But as I said the biggest problem as Gondor are the random raids for they completely destroy my ally Dol Amroth. I played as Rhn the game before and I won, but man this game is super hard. Any suggestions how to "balance" the force between my allies and my enemies so I even stand a "little" chance as Gondor?
    Dol Amroth expansion really varies on campaigns, on my first campaign they attacked and conquered many of Rhun territories. Since in your campaign it is not doing it, you have to defend them yourself but try to have their armies to join the fray first and always minimize your losses. With Mordor you're doing it wrong by keep on the defensive, you have to attack and destroy their armies as soon as you see them or try to fight defensive battles on the field, there are lots of hills where you can set up some powerful defensive positions. Going for Minas Ithil would give you a nice place to hold the enemy before you get the ring and go for their ultimate destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lke-Rim Soldier View Post
    Dol Amroth usually doesn't have much trouble holding their own for a long time against the enemy. I usually see them expanding into Harondor a bit before slowly being beaten back. By the time the possibly could be seriously beaten back I have already pushed the enemy away from them.

You probably should be more aggressive towards Mordor, if you attack and besiege Minas Morgul that will shut that front down as they will probably just wait until they die, at least if you have a full stack and they have less than that. Same thing with the Black gate.

When I started as Gondor I placed as much troops as I could in forts and spend all my money on economy buildings and sold my map information like crazy to build up the economy as much as I could, the only place I expanded in was in the west of Gondor and that I seized East Osgiliath. I only pushed out when Mordor had attacked my positions and been beaten back 3 times. I didn't have any real troubles crushing them. Idk if that makes it easier, maybe the reverse as I let them expand and build up in peace, but if you wait around and play it defensive without seriously boosting your economy you will probably be in for a more serious challenge.

Something you could do if you don't want to waste time on the southern front as much is to sell Fanuilond to Dol Amroth, then they will guard that border for you and maybe even expand a bit easier, however your problem is that Dol Amroth is weak so that might not help as much now.
    Last edited by Hyddan92; July 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b8fd005...3-892045aa08f3

Could you add this as a quote in the loading screen? It just gets me every time.

I don’t know what difficulty would arise in making this, but could there be some ring script for each faction if they chose to keep the one ring after it was found? Like if the faction leader gets the ring and spends 5 turns in their capital, it triggers a unique script that grants you new abilities but also weakens you in other places? Similar to the Saruman of Many Colors script. Maybe restrict it to only evil factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fether View Post
    I don’t know what difficulty would arise in making this, but could there be some ring script for each faction if they chose to keep the one ring after it was found? Like if the faction leader gets the ring and spends 5 turns in their capital, it triggers a unique script that grants you new abilities but also weakens you in other places? Similar to the Saruman of Many Colors script. Maybe restrict it to only evil factions?
    It already weakens a evil leader who takes it by giving them corruption and gollum. It also causes all the evil nations to declare war on you (UNLESS you are gundabad, which is a bug that needs to be fixed). So that part is kind of fine.

The issue is the ring itself needs to get bumped up in power some. Like double all of its stats or something. There is not enough difference in power between the one ring and many of the other magic items characters get in the game. It needs to be insanely more powerful. Won't break the game since its just attached to one character/unit.

I was wondering if there were any plans to giving Aragorn's bodyguard the ability to shoot arrows again? I really like him being dismounted, in fact I never really did play ND because I really didn't like the cavalry archer bodyguard. If there isn't any plans to give him a bow, how hard would it be to change that myself? While I'm at it how much work would it be to switch him to having a two handed sword and bow n arrow? I've only ever done some basic modding for this game so I have no idea what to do.

I think it would be cool if he was more of an ambush general, with the ability to hide anywhere, with a bow and a two hander. I don't think your general can hide though?

Also about endgame, what are the thoughts on having an real end game threat, sort of like how the Mongols and Tims are in the base game? I was sort of hoping something like that would happen when I finally got Saruman the ring, but nothing really changed in my campaign except Gondor finally declared war on me...after losing their entire eastern portion of their kingdom.

I'd like to suggest Nimphelos, a pearl given to the Lords of Belegost, to be an ancillary given to either the Clanlord or perhaps the Clanherald as the heir ancillary, as I feel this would fit the Lords of the Ered Luin well, as it was "prized over a mountain of wealth" by the Lord of Belegost.

Double A's Avatar person man

Seconding giving the Grey Company bows. A melee infantry faction leader for a ranged guerilla faction just doesn't fit.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjens advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)