Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 126287102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2256

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burlini View Post
    My complaint wasn't lore based, but gameplay based. An involuntary war with Mordor just to unlock your best unit doesn't make sense. Replacing the Mordor with a rebel army (that can still be te exact units but just a different faction) saves a lot of diplomacy issues, especially in a total war campaign.
    Yep, you're right. Perhaps, it would make more sense if you unlock a powerful Galadriel with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    You'll have to add all of that yourself I am afraid. We like how Dale and Erebor look in game.

We will NEVER add the abomination that is Dwarven Riders. I am not bothered if they are mounted atop a horse, a goat, a chariot, a Boar, a Unicorn, a Cromwell Mk. II. They will never have mounted Dwarven cavalry.
    Btw, I compiled some pics of resources, perhaps DaC's team wanna use some of them for empty regions (without any specific resource). I think that i added enough new ones to choose:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Garnash; June 09, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

A suggestion,i stumbled upon the submod for dac set in second age Blood of Numenor and this is my suggestion it looks from pics (they didnt finish the mod yet i see now, my bad) they have some cool units but i am more interested in their trees reskin is it possible to add to Dac?
    Some pictures:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...ien-3#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...and-1#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...ummer#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...inter#imagebox

And their menu is also very nice:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...creen#imagebox
    Last edited by iceman1946; June 10, 2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    A suggestion,i stumbled upon the submod for dac set in second age Blood of Numenor and this is my suggestion it looks from pics (they didnt finish the mod yet i see now, my bad) they have some cool units but i am more interested in their trees reskin is it possible to add to Dac?
    Some pictures:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...ien-3#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...and-1#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...ummer#imagebox
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...inter#imagebox

And their menu is also very nice:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-...creen#imagebox
    The menu is really cool & the trees re-skin is great, although the trees from the Wood Realm always should have leaves with autumnal tones and, perhaps, if that's possible, they could try to add some spider's webs in some of them. Also, the trees from Lórien should look more like a mallorn, i mean, his tree trunk should look like white ivory & his top like gold, as you can watch here:

Btw, take a look from this Caras Galadhon's concept, it's pretty impressive:

Last edited by Garnash; June 12, 2019 at 03:54 AM.

Just finished a great VH/VH Dorwinion campaign and want to post a few questions/suggestions here:
    - Unit availability in Castles
    As I've posted in the 'Simple question thread', it seems odd that I do not get direct access to units in Castles when I create the unit building. E.g. when I build a Stables in a castle, such as Strondost, I still have to wait 16 turns before I can train Thorn Riders. When I build a Stables in a city, the units are directly accessible. This seems odd.

- Looking to free up building slots?
    I finished the campaign in turn 158. It was around turn 150 that I first saw the availability of two buildings: the 'music'-line. with Theatre and Conservatorium, and the Apothecary. Due to their requirements, these buildings are accessible only very late in the campaign, and there bonuses aren't useful at that stage: +5% happiness per music building and +5% health for the apothecary, which didn't add to any growth. These buildings seem a bit pointless, and although they might add some flavour, you could consider replacing these by some more useful buildings or buildings that are available earlier.

- Balance
    Overall the balance seemed very good: early-game Rhun was a challenge to beat without cheesing the AI and really felt like a good accomplishment, just before the Barracks event hit. WIth control over pretty much all of the wealthy areas surrounding the Sea of Rhun, and Khand joining the Istari, it then became a cakewalk, as it should be.

All in all a very entertaining campaign, where I beat Rhun and Mordor to get to the long victory conditions just after turn 100, and then acted as 'Dorwinion World Police' in sending out stacks to take down key settlements of the evil forces, until all evil creatures were destroyed by turn 158.

Thanks again for making all this possible, Team DaC!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Strondost is technically a 'Mountain' region and Dorwinion, and a lot of other factions, have recruitment speed penalties in Mountain regions. You'll probably notice you recruit units at a more normal rate in your other castle Sant Annui.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Strondost is technically a 'Mountain' region and Dorwinion, and a lot of other factions, have recruitment speed penalties in Mountain regions. You'll probably notice you recruit units at a more normal rate in your other castle Sant Annui.
    Ahh so that's the reason, thanks for explaining, Hummingbird ! I can understand the reasoning, but it still feels like a nuisance from a gameplay perspective for a Dorwinion player, especially since the region is key in the early game against Rhun.
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Watched the dev diary, very much enjoyed it, but it would be better to simply give Dorwinion Mediterranian voices from the vanilla game. Also the Dunland voices all sound almost identical, maybe they could should have either Northmen voices from Med 2 or the barbarian voice from Rome.

Just a suggestion regarding Gondor and Lebennin Guardsmen if they are upgraded could the use the skin of the old Pelargir Marines that were removed in 2.0 the helmets specifically as the current helmets don't suit the unit if they are fully upgraded to Tier 5. Other then that loving the new stuff so far, but I rather the Grey Company be changed back to Horse Archers simply because they were balanced well in earlier versions in that they were exclusive to Aragorn, the new Grey Company is completely lackluster as a sword and board unit and die too easy from being staggered or cav charged and on top of that they don't have a ranged weapon which is common to any other Dunadain bodyguard apart from Gandalf's cavalry but Gandalf is a wizard not a ranger so if not changed back to a horse archer unit they should at the very least be a ranged melee hybrid to fit with the rest of the Dunadain bodyguards. Also when the Reunited Kingdom is implemented Aragorn should have Arthedain Knights because at that point he is King of Arnor and Gondor not a ranger chieftain and should as such have the best bodyguard between the two the factions (No offense to Swan Knights but we all know those are Imrahil's forte as they should) also the unique generals of both factions should respawn to get around the issue of strategy models that change if you have a general switch sides.
    Last edited by jedi7000nathan; June 17, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Just a suggestion regarding Gondor and Lebennin Guardsmen if they are upgraded could the use the skin of the old Pelargir Marines that were removed in 2.0 the helmets specifically as the current helmets don't suit the unit if they are fully upgraded to Tier 5. Other then that loving the new stuff so far, but I rather the Grey Company be changed back to Horse Archers simply because they were balanced well in earlier versions in that they were exclusive to Aragorn, the new Grey Company is completely lackluster as a sword and board unit and die too easy from being staggered or cav charged and on top of that they don't have a ranged weapon which is common to any other Dunadain bodyguard apart from Gandalf's cavalry but Gandalf is a wizard not a ranger so if not changed back to a horse archer unit they should at the very least be a ranged melee hybrid to fit with the rest of the Dunadain bodyguards. Also when the Reunited Kingdom is implemented Aragorn should have Arthedain Knights because at that point he is King of Arnor and Gondor not a ranger chieftain and should as such have the best bodyguard between the two the factions (No offense to Swan Knights but we all know those are Imrahil's forte as they should) also the unique generals of both factions should respawn to get around the issue of strategy models that change if you have a general switch sides.
    I like pretty much the idea of Arthedain Knights.

About the Grey Company, it should be a horsearcher elite unit, bc it were formed by rangers & it doesn't make any sense that they're just melee unit. I only use the Grey Company to pursue units, bc they die pretty easy.

Grey Company are not being reverted back to their pre-v2 state, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Grey Company are not being reverted back to their pre-v2 state, no.
    Why the hell was the change made in the first place, they weren't that OP, especially considering you could only have one unit of them, also the new version should have stagger immunity and a ranged attack, the latter to keep up with the other Dunadain bodyguards because it makes zero sense that Aragorn the leader of a faction which specializes in powerful archers would have a unit that isn't a hybrid; personally I'd have them changed back but I'd at least be satisfied with them having bows like the other Dunadain (Gandalf isn't a Dunadain so he doesn't count) Generals, personally I really hate the new change so badly that if I want to play Northern Dunadain I'd go back to 2.0, not 2.3 where they were made this out of place unit that doesn't suit the aesthetic or functions of the faction at all.
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Why the hell was the change made in the first place, they weren't that OP, especially considering you could only have one unit of them, also the new version should have stagger immunity and a ranged attack, the latter to keep up with the other Dunadain bodyguards because it makes zero sense that Aragorn the leader of a faction which specializes in powerful archers would have a unit that isn't a hybrid; personally I'd have them changed back but I'd at least be satisfied with them having bows like the other Dunadain (Gandalf isn't a Dunadain so he doesn't count) Generals, personally I really hate the new change so badly that if I want to play Northern Dunadain I'd go back to 2.0, not 2.3 where they were made this out of place unit that doesn't suit the aesthetic or functions of the faction at all.
    Cant satisfy everbody, i personally like the change cause i really dont like cav archres and i assume most people dont like them too.

Then either do that or change the bodyguard to a different unit yourself in the desc_strat file. It takes seconds.

Saying why the hell to the mod team is not helpful. I don't particularly like the change since horse archers are more unique for the Dunedain though I admit haven't played it yet.

They are getting an excellent and regal new model when fully armour upgraded. They definitely should have the relentless trait, and a steelbow would also be very appropriate.

If you had a unit slot open, would you ever consider a mercenary/local unit like Nurning Rebels or something like that? Just a weak unit you can use to bolser/garrison holdings you take in Mordor. I always liked the idea of liberating the peoples enslaved by Mordor and having them join the fight. I think the three interior/eastern Mordor regions would make sense, though I probably couldn't justify them being available closer to the front. Just an idea.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

Because having a horse archer unit that is mediocre in melee being Aragorn's bodyguard sucks. Since you cannot dismount units in Medieval 2 it's better to have him be an infantry unit and seeing him mow down battalion after battalion. They maybe can add a bow to reflect his ranger heritage, though this would make him a true Noldorin Guard copy with worse stats.

Hey guys, would you consider incorporating this visual addon into your mod? It looks way better than the current Rohan roster in my opinion

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-horse...-age-total-war

I have a few suggestions, most of them to do with diversity and making the world feel more alive/lived in.

1. Have more factional units as AORs, making them recruitable to other factions, even as mercs if need be. For instance, Dale and Dorwinion are both Northmen from the Rhovanion region, maybe have more shared units between them, to create a stronger link. Also, I see little reason why Rhun or Erebor shouldn't be able to employ some Northmen, or the Northmen hire some Easterlings - the split between cultures is often far too sharp, it's as if every kingdom's culture developed in isolation. Dorwinion should be a mix of East and North, Dale should have more Dwarven influence, etc. Have some Dunlanders fighting for Rohan - sure they hate the Stawheads, but surely they weren't all evicted from Rohan? You could have a more Enedwaith influence in western Gondor, to show how far from the heartland the area is. Medieval warfare was incredibly diverse IRL, especially when it came to mercenaries. A lot of poorer areas had little choice but to send men to fight for foreign kings, like the Swiss Cantons or the Scottish Highlands, and the sharp divides between neighbouring cultures is a little lot to say the least.

2. Have ruins and unique cultures in the emptier areas, especially human cultures. It is supposed to be the time of men, when other cultures are beginning to leave Middle Earth. A good way of showing this would be to flesh out Harondor, Rhovanion, the areas around Ered Luin, the Wold, Nirn, etc by having them being occupied by tiny pockets of men. They don't need factions, just have a few ruined landmarks like towns or castles, and a few more AOR units in the same vein as the Harondor axemen and the Rhovanion troops. You can't have cities, but you could have typical villagers surviving on things like fishing, farming, pastoralism or piracy. This would also be an interesting way of making the High Elves and Ered Luin make more canonical sense and more interesting - remove their culture spread in those areas to slow down their expansion and recruitment, making them as weak and reclusive as they should be, and Angmar more of a threat. It would also make sense for the declining Elves and Dwarves to trade with and recruit from men as they move into areas that were historically Elven/Dwarven, and in return for Elven/Dwarven acceptance and protection, they provide a few spearmen or axemen to fill out the ranks. You could even have them be descendants of men who fled the destruction of Beleriand, or the Lossoth of Forodwaith, or northern wildmen who fled the rule of Arnor. You could make Ered Luin more unique as a Dwarven nation by its open relationship with men - the expedition to Khazad-dum holds no appeal to men, and Erebor and the Iron Hills have plenty going on with their close neighbours, whereas EL is relying on trade with humans, as suggested by Thorin's backstory in Unfinished Tales and the appearance of Dwarven traders in the Shire.

You need not create new units to do this - just add the farm pikemen or the bandits, or basic Northmen or Wildmen units, to an area and give them a backstory.

3. Give Moria a more Dwarven influence. I've said this before, but it bears repeating - one way to make the Goblins more exciting and unique would be to make the model for their current elites, which uses the spiky Balrog armour from the films, as their frontline troops and have tougher goblins wielding pillaged Dwarven axes and armour as elites - this could be taken from Balin's dead, recovered from remains of the Battle of Anzanulbizar, or found in armouries within Moria itself. It'd give them a more Moria-centric identity, emphasise their differences and give them a punch that doesn't rely on outside influences like uruks from Mordor.

And now for something completely different...

4. Scripted aid from Sauron for the evil nations. Angmar and Dol Guldor struggle in most games, Moria and Dol Guldor in many games, and Elves and Dwarves are both too easy to play and far too active in comparison to the lore. You could counter this by having scripted spawns near enemy bases, or temporary campaign debuffs, or shifts in diplomacy, or cash boosts to evil factions, every 50-100 turns. Sauron is supposed to be a global threat, his reach evident in all places - whether it be dominating Saruman, spies in Bree, the Watcher and uruks in Moria, or corrupting men, Elves and Dwarves through mind games and temptation, he plays an extremely active role throughout the books, and is more than just the armies of Mordor. You could do something cool like "the Dark Lord sends a messenger to the gates of Erebor/Thorin's Halls and brings a warning - pay tribute or face his wrath" - this is something that happened in the books, with Gloin being in Rivendell partly to report this occurrence. If they weren't already in use you could have spawned in the Nazgul or the Mouth of Sauron leading some local baddies, similar to the Inquisitor mechanic used in the Khand script. You could tie this in to a corrupted Ered Luin which becomes evil, or a 'Scouring of the Shire' which forces Bree to defend the Shire for a while, or 'the madness of Denethor' which sees some sort of temporary debuff happen to Gondor, or civil unrest or corsair invasions.

You could also add semi-magical elements attributed to Saruman, like movement buffs or debuffs (which he does in the books, to his troops and the Fellowship respectively).

5. Finally, this is a very minor suggestion, but some navy-themed units for the cultures around Rhun and Rhovanion would be cool - galley slaves, 'barge guards' or marines for instance. The Sea of Rhun would realistically play a huge part in their cultures (like trade between cities), so it'd make sense to have mariner units. You could simply add it to the names or backstories of existing units if need be.

Thanks for reading

A suggestion for a change haha
    I think this new units look for Harad are going to be inlcuded in new version of Reforged when its get relised and they are really amazing looking much more better than vanilla third age harad, since Harad didnt get some love for some time now, tney are made by Cowering Coma if i am not mistaken and are really good.
    Here some pics and thank you.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...408/image0.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...888/image1.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...064/image0.png

Icon10 Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AnAngryPacifist View Post
    I have a few suggestions, most of them to do with diversity and making the world feel more alive/lived in.

1. Have more factional units as AORs, making them recruitable to other factions, even as mercs if need be. For instance, Dale and Dorwinion are both Northmen from the Rhovanion region, maybe have more shared units between them, to create a stronger link. Also, I see little reason why Rhun or Erebor shouldn't be able to employ some Northmen, or the Northmen hire some Easterlings - the split between cultures is often far too sharp, it's as if every kingdom's culture developed in isolation. Dorwinion should be a mix of East and North, Dale should have more Dwarven influence, etc. Have some Dunlanders fighting for Rohan - sure they hate the Stawheads, but surely they weren't all evicted from Rohan? You could have a more Enedwaith influence in western Gondor, to show how far from the heartland the area is. Medieval warfare was incredibly diverse IRL, especially when it came to mercenaries. A lot of poorer areas had little choice but to send men to fight for foreign kings, like the Swiss Cantons or the Scottish Highlands, and the sharp divides between neighbouring cultures is a little lot to say the least.

2. Have ruins and unique cultures in the emptier areas, especially human cultures. It is supposed to be the time of men, when other cultures are beginning to leave Middle Earth. A good way of showing this would be to flesh out Harondor, Rhovanion, the areas around Ered Luin, the Wold, Nirn, etc by having them being occupied by tiny pockets of men. They don't need factions, just have a few ruined landmarks like towns or castles, and a few more AOR units in the same vein as the Harondor axemen and the Rhovanion troops. You can't have cities, but you could have typical villagers surviving on things like fishing, farming, pastoralism or piracy. This would also be an interesting way of making the High Elves and Ered Luin make more canonical sense and more interesting - remove their culture spread in those areas to slow down their expansion and recruitment, making them as weak and reclusive as they should be, and Angmar more of a threat. It would also make sense for the declining Elves and Dwarves to trade with and recruit from men as they move into areas that were historically Elven/Dwarven, and in return for Elven/Dwarven acceptance and protection, they provide a few spearmen or axemen to fill out the ranks. You could even have them be descendants of men who fled the destruction of Beleriand, or the Lossoth of Forodwaith, or northern wildmen who fled the rule of Arnor. You could make Ered Luin more unique as a Dwarven nation by its open relationship with men - the expedition to Khazad-dum holds no appeal to men, and Erebor and the Iron Hills have plenty going on with their close neighbours, whereas EL is relying on trade with humans, as suggested by Thorin's backstory in Unfinished Tales and the appearance of Dwarven traders in the Shire.

You need not create new units to do this - just add the farm pikemen or the bandits, or basic Northmen or Wildmen units, to an area and give them a backstory.

3. Give Moria a more Dwarven influence. I've said this before, but it bears repeating - one way to make the Goblins more exciting and unique would be to make the model for their current elites, which uses the spiky Balrog armour from the films, as their frontline troops and have tougher goblins wielding pillaged Dwarven axes and armour as elites - this could be taken from Balin's dead, recovered from remains of the Battle of Anzanulbizar, or found in armouries within Moria itself. It'd give them a more Moria-centric identity, emphasise their differences and give them a punch that doesn't rely on outside influences like uruks from Mordor.

And now for something completely different...

4. Scripted aid from Sauron for the evil nations. Angmar and Dol Guldor struggle in most games, Moria and Dol Guldor in many games, and Elves and Dwarves are both too easy to play and far too active in comparison to the lore. You could counter this by having scripted spawns near enemy bases, or temporary campaign debuffs, or shifts in diplomacy, or cash boosts to evil factions, every 50-100 turns. Sauron is supposed to be a global threat, his reach evident in all places - whether it be dominating Saruman, spies in Bree, the Watcher and uruks in Moria, or corrupting men, Elves and Dwarves through mind games and temptation, he plays an extremely active role throughout the books, and is more than just the armies of Mordor. You could do something cool like "the Dark Lord sends a messenger to the gates of Erebor/Thorin's Halls and brings a warning - pay tribute or face his wrath" - this is something that happened in the books, with Gloin being in Rivendell partly to report this occurrence. If they weren't already in use you could have spawned in the Nazgul or the Mouth of Sauron leading some local baddies, similar to the Inquisitor mechanic used in the Khand script. You could tie this in to a corrupted Ered Luin which becomes evil, or a 'Scouring of the Shire' which forces Bree to defend the Shire for a while, or 'the madness of Denethor' which sees some sort of temporary debuff happen to Gondor, or civil unrest or corsair invasions.

You could also add semi-magical elements attributed to Saruman, like movement buffs or debuffs (which he does in the books, to his troops and the Fellowship respectively).

5. Finally, this is a very minor suggestion, but some navy-themed units for the cultures around Rhun and Rhovanion would be cool - galley slaves, 'barge guards' or marines for instance. The Sea of Rhun would realistically play a huge part in their cultures (like trade between cities), so it'd make sense to have mariner units. You could simply add it to the names or backstories of existing units if need be.

Thanks for reading