Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mariulin View Post
    (automatically translated)
    Hi everyone, I am Mariulin.
    I noticed that dwarven factions use halberds in a very limited way, yet it seems to me that it is a weapon that suits them.
    I would suggest that the developers replace the Orocarni Nobles weapon, from hammer to halberd.
    (they would be really tough ...)
    Maybe, but the natural weapons for dwarfs are axes & hammers, they're a iconical symbol for their race, so, it even suits better. Perhaps, they could put to the Orocarni Nobles some other weapon, i made a hammer-axe model combining Dain's Hammer, Gimli's Axe & Balin's Sword, the result look like this (see spoiler):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Garnash; May 18, 2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    Maybe, but the natural weapons for dwarfs are axes & hammers, they're a iconical symbol for their race, so, it even suits better. Perhaps, they could put to the Orocarni Nobles some other weapon, i made a hammer-axe model combining Dain's Hammer, Gimli's Axe & Balin's Sword, the result look like this (see spoiler):

Beautiful!
    If you could make the rod a meter longer, a fantastic halberd would come out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mariulin View Post
    Beautiful!
    If you could make the rod a meter longer, a fantastic halberd would come out ...
    I don't know if the scale is correct, but it would look more or less like that...

Have you considered adding background music for the installer?

I think Erebor would benefit from more ranged units added back in. That or the axethrowers need improved. Their animation is incredibly slow, they're very inaccurate, and they've got that formation bug where if even one guy is out of place they just stand there. It makes them nearly useless in battle.

I don't know if the scale is correct, but it would look more or less like that...

If I were an orc, I would get a bad migraine just looking at it ...

If I am allowed, I would like to submit a proposal or a request. Would it be possible to include the rebuilding of Minas Ithil, Annuminas, Gobel Tolfalas and Umbar etc. in the coming patches? I mean, it's a bit weird to have ruined cities with like 400,000 inhabitants in the later game. In addition, most of these cities actually have been rebuilt, especially Annuminas. As far as i know Elessar had his court there after the war of the ring. (That would fit well with the reunited kingdom script) Furthermore, it would be really cool to rebuild the ruined pillar in Umbar as gondor. And for the rebuilt city of Minas Ithil there is already a cool battle-map, from third age reforged. I know I go far by asking this, but think about it. It would be sooo cool and I think you would like that too wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by kk_Baradir View Post
    If I am allowed, I would like to submit a proposal or a request. Would it be possible to include the rebuilding of Minas Ithil, Annuminas, Gobel Tolfalas and Umbar etc. in the coming patches? I mean, it's a bit weird to have ruined cities with like 400,000 inhabitants in the later game. In addition, most of these cities actually have been rebuilt, especially Annuminas. As far as i know Elessar had his court there after the war of the ring. (That would fit well with the reunited kingdom script) Furthermore, it would be really cool to rebuild the ruined pillar in Umbar as gondor. And for the rebuilt city of Minas Ithil there is already a cool battle-map, from third age reforged. I know I go far by asking this, but think about it. It would be sooo cool and I think you would like that too wouldn't you?
    Other factions cannot rebuild the settlements without lowering the total number of custom settlements, this means that only there were a room for rebuilding one settlement & it was decided Fornost, but, in next patch Tharbad is planned to be a single region, so, we'll can to rebuild Annuminas too, this was said 2 pages ago xD.

I had a thought the other day, when playing some factions you generally never get to experience defending your main cities (Minas Tirith, Isenguard, Barad Dur etc.) because if it gets to that point, you've most likely lost the game. I know scrips are not the simplest thing to suggest, but a good idea for a simple script when playing these factions could be an enemy army spawning outside your capital once a milestone is reached (certain number of regions, number of turns etc.) This could just happen once or multiple times with stronger armies, but it could be a simple way to add a bit of difficulty and excitement to campaigns, and give us a chance to experience defending some of the coolest settlements in the game. The logic could be that either Sauron has become worried about you growing strength and sends an inquistor to stop you, or the White council see's you as a large threat, and organised a 'Last Alliance 2.0'.

Apologies if this has been suggested before, I've only recently discovered this forum. Great work on the mod btw .

I don't remember if there's still place for some new unit, but if there is some, i would add for Dúnedain the Elessar's guard or King's Guard, whatever you like from both, as special unit only recruitable in Annúminas & Deadman's Dike(Fornost). It could be used the model of Wardens of White Tower from Gondor, but without the shield, with two-handed swords (broadswords) & the chest in black with the same tree & runes from the shield, the rest should be exactly the same. With, for example, these stats:

Abilites at a glance: Same as Wardens of the White Tower
    Soldiers: 53
    Experience: 0
    Attack: 16
    Charge Bonus: 9
    Weapon Type: Melee
    Total Defence: 30
    Armour: 21
    Defence Skill: 9
    Shield: 0
    Hit Points: 2
    Recruitment Cost: 1905
    Upkeep: 953

I put them 2 HP to represent the Dúnedain endurance & they're the King's bodyguards, to make them really tough, as they should be.

Also, i think that the Dragonslayers should have the following rule: Inspires fear nearby monsters.
    Last edited by Garnash; May 30, 2019 at 10:52 PM.

Hi
    First of all thanks for the ecxellent work!!
    I'm a big fan of Tolkien's books and I would like to work on an italian translation for this mod. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in modding but I'm ready to translate all the texts if someone could help me whit the rest of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavirtus View Post
    Hi
    First of all thanks for the ecxellent work!!
    I'm a big fan of Tolkien's books and I would like to work on an italian translation for this mod. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in modding but I'm ready to translate all the texts if someone could help me whit the rest of the work.
    Qui:
    C:\XYZ\Medieval 2 Total War Gold\mods\Third_Age_3\data\text

N.B. Per "XYZ" si intende la cartella nella quale hai installato il gioco.
    Last edited by Mariulin; June 03, 2019 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks Mariulin, I had already found the files but I would like to share my translation when it's done. Can you help me whit that?

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Just pack them into a folder(call that folder data/text) zip them and upload here(or on a site)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavirtus View Post
    Thanks Mariulin, I had already found the files but I would like to share my translation when it's done. Can you help me whit that?
    I had also tried to put myself there and translate for my personal use, despite my almost total ignorance in the IT field.
    It is a long and monotonous work, subject to distraction errors due to the repetitiveness of the actions to be performed.
    I also quickly realized that the time I spent was such that it would be easy to predict the release of a new version before I was finished (as it happened later).
    So I'm sorry, but I have to decline your invitation to cooperate.
    I wish you good luck anyway.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

I would like to suggest replacing the army that attacks Lorien and Thranduils Realm during the Silvian alliance script. Currently the player is attacked by a Mordor army. I think it would be better if the player would be attacked by a rebel army, since it doesn't mess up your diplomacy, especially in a total war campaign. Furthermore, I noticed that the Gurveleg seem to wig out almost every time. in most of my battles only 5 men of the whole battalion shoot their arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlini View Post
    I would like to suggest replacing the army that attacks Lorien and Thranduils Realm during the Silvian alliance script. Currently the player is attacked by a Mordor army. I think it would be better if the player would be attacked by a rebel army, since it doesn't mess up your diplomacy, especially in a total war campaign. Furthermore, I noticed that the Gurveleg seem to wig out almost every time. in most of my battles only 5 men of the whole battalion shoot their arrows.
    I wouldn't replace, bc, at the same time that Isengard attacked Rohan, Umbar was attacking from south to north the Gondor's coast, Mordor & Harad to Minas Tirith, so, i bet that some Mordor's forces would have went to Lórien & Dol Guldur to Woodland's Realm to defeat the silvan elves. Rhûn would have done the same with Gundabad, with the purpose to meet both of them in Erebor to crush dwarf kingdom, while their allies were focused in their own battles. Remember that Gandalf told to Gimli in Helm's Deep battle) that the dwarves probably were already fighting in the north too.

I only remember to have issues firing missiles when the unit isn't all in the distance to shot or in weird formations. I tested right now the Gûrveleg & all of them were correctly firing.

Should be Dol Guldur armies, not Mordor, the attacks specifically came from there in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Multicolored View Post
    Should be Dol Guldur armies, not Mordor, the attacks specifically came from there in the books.
    Although Dol Guldur attacked 3 times Lórien, it was reinforced with Mordor's orcs too & Moria's goblins assisted too, burning the western woods of Lórien, all of them defeated by the overpowered Lady Galadriel, i think that DaC's team should add her here in Lórien as a General, instead of Céleborn, bc she's the Sauron's nemesis, perhaps, she could be as solo unit or with a new unit as Sauron's bodyguards.
    Last edited by Garnash; June 08, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

I wouldn't replace, bc, at the same time that Isengard attacked Rohan, Umbar was attacking from south to north the Gondor's coast, Mordor & Harad to Minas Tirith, so, i bet that some Mordor's forces would have went to Lórien & Dol Guldur to Woodland's Realm to defeat the silvan elves. Rhûn would have done the same with Gundabad, with the purpose to meet both of them in Erebor to crush dwarf kingdom, while their allies were focused in their own battles. Remember that Gandalf told to Gimli in Helm's Deep battle) that the dwarves probably were already fighting in the north too.

I only remember to have issues firing missiles when the unit isn't all in the distance to shot or in weird formations. I tested right now the Gûrveleg & all of them were correctly firing.
    My complaint wasn't lore based, but gameplay based. An involuntary war with Mordor just to unlock your best unit doesn't make sense. Replacing the Mordor with a rebel army (that can still be te exact units but just a different faction) saves a lot of diplomacy issues, especially in a total war campaign.