Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

I'd love to learn the team's opinion on the Isengard Ballista model/unit from BfME and TA:Reforged. The unique missile Reforged uses is really satisfying.

I've brought it up too many times already but I still think it would be a great addition to Isengard. Thank you.

Earlier I suggested that Dale's ruined economy be tied to a building with negative income, it has since been brought to my attention that this would not work due to how negative building income happens. I know you don't like scripting suggestions, but would it be possible and a good idea to have the ability to build a building for say 20k that kicks off a script like the one Dunland had that increases kings purse to normal levels to represent a recovered Dalian economy. Sorry if I am belabouring this idea. As it is the ruined economy is a permanent debuff of around 1500 gold per turn compared to other factions with a kings purse of 1000, whilst this makes Dale's early game management interesting, it can really slow down the mid game, and from a roleplay/thematic point of view the continued loss of this money despite having developed all your lands can be a bit frustrating. Having the ability to negate this penalty once you've sorted out your nation might give Dale some interesting flavour and an interesting choice to eat the penalty longer and go for expansion or to save up and restore your economy first.

Foederatus

I propose a complete movie-like Dale units, strat models and faction icon and banners (like Leo's Alternative Patch).
    And also Leo's models for Dragonslayers of Ered Mithrin, Dwarven Royal Guard, and all the Orocarni Units. (Both of this because i think they are pretty 'old' or 'not fit' with the other dwarven models).
    However i know that style it is not lore accurate, so the real proposal is add them just as optional submod, like the Dwarven Overhaul in 2.2.

And perhaps another submod to add Wargoats Riders (?)

You'll have to add all of that yourself I am afraid. We like how Dale and Erebor look in game.

We will NEVER add the abomination that is Dwarven Riders. I am not bothered if they are mounted atop a horse, a goat, a chariot, a Boar, a Unicorn, a Cromwell Mk. II. They will never have mounted Dwarven cavalry.

Foederatus

Thank you by you answer. I expected that actually. I know, they don't fit at all but the way they look it's cool (i think).
    May be this is not the correct thread, but can you or someone recommend me a specific guide to replace models or add units?

This has happened in more games than not recently so something is up, but in the very first few turns of the game the Orcs of the MM take Imladris and the High Elves spend the next 100 rounds living out of that castle to the NW (Caeth something or other). I think Elrond and company all head north to take that castle and leave Imladris defenseless, I always end up finding him and his family living as refugees and Imladris is a orc city after turn 5 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Celulariq View Post
    Thank you by you answer. I expected that actually. I know, they don't fit at all but the way they look it's cool (i think).
    May be this is not the correct thread, but can you or someone recommend me a specific guide to replace models or add units?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rom-other-mods

I have some complaints regarding unit's armour level:
    Iseangard uruk hai have almost the same amount of armour the best dwarven units and I personally think it may be too much.
    In addition, I have noticed that Gondorian Infrantry and spearmen have just 11 which is the same amount the the Dunlendings and then /in spite of the plate armour they have in the game) they will be crushed by almost anything

Annuminias needs to be a ruin that can be rebuilt, like tharbad, osgilitha, etc.

Also, why can't other "civilized" factions rebuild these cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Multicolored View Post
    Annuminias needs to be a ruin that can be rebuilt, like tharbad, osgilitha, etc.

Also, why can't other "civilized" factions rebuild these cities?
    If i am not mistaken there was only one more room for rebuilt settlement and dev team chose Fornost, and why other civilized factions cant rebuild them it is because they are Numenorian settlments so only numenorians can rebuild them and know how to, so makes sence.

Other factions cannot rebuild them without lowering the total number of custom settlements.

Would you rather everyone can rebuild Osgiliath/Tharbad or there are an extra 12 custom settlements?

Just a suggestion to enhance flavour and perhaps improve the late game for Gondor.

I find that most of the fiefdom units are quite early game and rather hard to come by. they rarely make it into most of my armies because their native regions are underdeveloped in the beginning and Minas Tirith has so many other things to make before being able top pump out tons of troops. A simple suggestion would be to improve one or 2 of the units and add them to post-barracks event area. This is no more than a basic suggestion and I have no strong opinions on which units.

What I would more like to suggest would be to add a special building to Umber called "the fiefdom barracks of southern Gondor" (name can obviously be changed) which would allow all Númenórean factions to recruit units from Harad and and Ar-Adunaim. It would reward going into the late-game and re-forging the old kingdom of Gondor without using up unit slots and adds a bit more spice of life (unless a special unit from Umbar could be made, but that is entirely up to the team to decide). Now obviously these would not be the troll-men or anything like that, more like the cavalry and Abrazanim units of the Adunaim.

And just to suggest it again, a few Rohan cavalry units in Calenhad if Gondor and Rohan are allies to show the friendship of these nations.

Thank you and keep rocking this mod.

Burlini's Avatar Libertus

I would like to suggest the following: allow the retraining of Condor's AOR-troops by making them retrainable from the military academy that they can build. This way it makes them more usable.

We plan to make Tharbad a single region with a new custom battle map in V4. This will free up a slot for Annuminas Rebuilt (Northern Dunedain only).

Quote Originally Posted by Arkay View Post
    We plan to make Tharbad a single region with a new custom battle map in V4. This will free up a slot for Annuminas Rebuilt (Northern Dunedain only).
    Good idea.

side note to reiterate: I'm in the middle of a new game and once again the orcs have sacked Imladris by turn 3 or 4. Elrond needs to stay put inside Imladris.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_Leonhart View Post
    Iseangard uruk hai have almost the same amount of armour the best dwarven units and I personally think it may be too much.
    In addition, I have noticed that Gondorian Infrantry and spearmen have just 11 which is the same amount the the Dunlendings and then /in spite of the plate armour they have in the game) they will be crushed by almost anything
    Yes, I didn't see the numbers, but I even feel elfs are less and less special, despite their cost and slow recruitment. Maybe that's only a feeling.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Burlini View Post
    I would like to suggest the following: allow the retraining of Condor's AOR-troops by making them retrainable from the military academy that they can build. This way it makes them more usable.
    Great idea I have already modded this into my own version
    Also makes the military academy much more useful, i do not really use this building anyway..

Indeed. The best Lothlorien and Woodland Realm's units have the same amount of armour of upgraded Uruk hai infantry which is 16 if I am not mistakeni

Tiro

I believe the modders have been working on the armour ratings, so that they make more sense.
    For example Dwarves and High Elves have the best armour ratings in the game, and wildmen factions/Harad have the lowest

What about adding that city in North Rohan right on the edge of Fangore as a additional location where the Elves can recruit Ents?

How else will Ents aid the destruction of Isengard?????? Make it so.