Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 196994109110111112113114115116117118119
Results 2,361 to 2,366 of 2366

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Maybe Gondorian siege crew would be more appropriate?

The only Steelbows that the Ar-Ardanium should get are the Black Numenorians. AA should be able to access Mordors Temple units at some point, maybe the requirement would be if they conquer Durthang.

Additionally, AA don’t really need their unique cavalry unit; maybe they should just be replaced by Temple Knights.
    I completely forgot about the unit slots, sorry. Maybe the Gondorian siege crews could get the same treatment as Gondor Infantry etc? Basically being the reskin of the same unit. Maybe AA should also get a reskin of Gondorian defenders from Armoury instead of the southron ones?

I'm inclined to disagree with you there. AA aren't strictly speaking Black Númenóreans per se, but something more of in between the Black Númenóreans and the Faithful. Maybe a choice script and AA could choose to specialize in either something from the Faithful or something else from the Black Númenóreans? I definitely want the remaining Naru'n'Aru units to remain. Loss of Royal Archers stung me bad enough, please don't remove any more of them.

To me, something feels off about the AA cities and watchtowers. The theme shouldn't be quite as eastern and a bit more Númenórean, especially the watchtowers. I'm not advocating for a carbon copy of Gondorian models, but maybe something a bit unique, if the team can afford time to rework some of those AA resources.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBlackblade View Post
    I completely forgot about the unit slots, sorry. Maybe the Gondorian siege crews could get the same treatment as Gondor Infantry etc? Basically being the reskin of the same unit. Maybe AA should also get a reskin of Gondorian defenders from Armoury instead of the southron ones?

I'm inclined to disagree with you there. AA aren't strictly speaking Black Númenóreans per se, but something more of in between the Black Númenóreans and the Faithful. Maybe a choice script and AA could choose to specialize in either something from the Faithful or something else from the Black Númenóreans? I definitely want the remaining Naru'n'Aru units to remain. Loss of Royal Archers stung me bad enough, please don't remove any more of them.

To me, something feels off about the AA cities and watchtowers. The theme shouldn't be quite as eastern and a bit more Númenórean, especially the watchtowers. I'm not advocating for a carbon copy of Gondorian models, but maybe something a bit unique, if the team can afford time to rework some of those AA resources.
    Ar-Ardanium are Black Numenorians, I don't think any of the faithful are in their ranks although once they tried to make a marriage alliance with them. The Faithful are Gondor and the Northern Dunedain. The main difference in Divide and Conquer is that the AA Black Numenorians are not deeply loyal to Sauron and represent the chance for a Numenorian successor state while the Black Numenorians in Mordor are loyal and devoted to Sauron. I think it would be very possible to see the Black Numenorians in Mordor join the AA, especially to attack Gondor and if Sauron is defeated. It certainly is more likely than them fighting for Gundabad, which is currently in the game.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/King%27s_Men

The most lore accurate thing to do would be to have the Kings Men start as under the thumb of Sauron, like most evil men, but give them the option to rebuild the monument commemorating Ar-Pharazôn's triumph against Sauron at Umbar. I realize though that their current neutral initial diplomacy might be more popular or better gameplay.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Umbar

Maybe they should also have the "Dunedain" building style instead of the "Men of the East" style.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; November 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Ar-Ardanium are Black Numenorians, I don't think any of the faithful are in their ranks although once they tried to make a marriage alliance with them. The Faithful are Gondor and the Northern Dunedain. The main difference in Divide and Conquer is that the AA Black Numenorians are not deeply loyal to Sauron and represent the chance for a Numenorian successor state while the Black Numenorians in Mordor are loyal and devoted to Sauron. I think it would be very possible to see the Black Numenorians in Mordor join the AA, especially to attack Gondor and if Sauron is defeated. It certainly is more likely than them fighting for Gundabad, which is currently in the game.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/King%27s_Men

The most lore accurate thing to do would be to have the Kings Men start as under the thumb of Sauron, like most evil men, but give them the option to rebuild the monument commemorating Ar-Pharazôn's triumph against Sauron at Umbar. I realize though that their current neutral initial diplomacy might be better gameplay.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Umbar

Maybe they should also have the "Dunedain" building style instead of the "Men of the East" style.
    I tend to agree with you, though the team makes their own takes on the lore, and I am content with that. I would probably stay in Umbar more often if I could rebuild the Pillar. And definitely Dúnedain style buildings would suit them much better than the current Easterling theme. Maybe ND could get Gondorian style watchtowers as well?

Is there any way to modify the population growth rates for the various factions? Say men are the base rate, orcs breed 50% faster elves 50% slower, I understand the recruitment rates are supposed to also reflect this but I think it would be cool if we could actually have these massive orcish cesspool metropolisis even if they can't build all of the infrastructure for large cities. Also is there any way to script population elimination for different religions? It seems weird that after 8 seasons the best recruitment place for Mordor after bar-dur is Minas Tirith, and dwarves are fully restored after taking western moria. Any way to script orcish factions eliminating most pop from human and elvish factions and vice versa with men only needing to convert each others culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Terraxus View Post
    Is there any way to modify the population growth rates for the various factions? Say men are the base rate, orcs breed 50% faster elves 50% slower, I understand the recruitment rates are supposed to also reflect this but I think it would be cool if we could actually have these massive orcish cesspool metropolisis even if they can't build all of the infrastructure for large cities. Also is there any way to script population elimination for different religions? It seems weird that after 8 seasons the best recruitment place for Mordor after bar-dur is Minas Tirith, and dwarves are fully restored after taking western moria. Any way to script orcish factions eliminating most pop from human and elvish factions and vice versa with men only needing to convert each others culture?
    Modifying growth rates based on faction is actually easy. The "requires factions" condition in EDB, which is mostly used for recruitment limitations (so for example barracks have completely different recruitment options while being same building) works just as well for other bonuses, so for example farms could be modified to have different output based on faction. It'll need extensive testing to balance this though.

The removal of population is trickier. I think that campaign script only supports flat values for adding/removal of population, which could lead to problems with already depopulated settlements.

I posted these in another thread awhile ago. They both relate to the Ered Luin script.

You should add an element where if Ered Luin accepts the three rings of power, Sauron has a chance of finding the One Ring much earlier. This is because according to the lore, the agreement the Nazgul offered was the three Rings in exchange for information on the One Ring.
    This is not directly related but the Dwarven choice script should effect the Bree choice script. If the Dwarves choose good, the Breelanders should have their relations ruined and any alliance broken if they choose the Mercenary path, while choosing the Dunedain has the opposite effect. If the Dwarves choose bad, the Dunedain choice should cause Bree to declare war on them and the Mercenary choice should cause an alliance of convenience. This alliance would break down if Angmar the High Elves and the Northern Dunedain are destroyed since both sides are corrupted and want power and wealth above all else.