Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 176792107108109110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2367

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    ^ Balancing the game perfectly is very difficult and it makes sense for evil to have the advantage. Gondor should be in a tough spot, but I don't think they're always doomed that early. What factions have you played?
    I think also the bad factions should have the upper hand as soon as it comes to the open war. That's the whole deal in the third age ... that Mordor with the southern countries and surprisingly Isengard would really have to defeat all others...

I'm playing as the Northern Dnedain at the moment... and balancing... now... i am OP if i play very tactical and ceasefire with Moria. But i am captured in the north. It was even more surprising that Rohan, after being overrun by Isengard as usual, took on Edora and Helms Deep on lap 70. XD

I think, if you like these 2 tracks & find them appropiate, could be used for Harad & Rhn's campaign. Only would require give the credits to the author (World Music Official).

Harad:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rhn:

Also, if it's possible, could you add different versions for the sound of the Rally Horn's ability for some factions?

Middle Earth's Horns:

Could you please upload install files somewhere with "re-download" option?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    It is unrelated to the script to take Edhellond. It happens seemingly at random after about 100 turns. I have seen it before. It is a problem with the implementation of the no wars feature added by TATW. I don't know how that works and haven't gotten around to teaching myself yet.
    Well, I'm now past turn 150 and none of my new allies have betrayed me, so here's to hoping that doesn't happen again. Dol Amroth was bad enough. I'm also much more powerful than I was when I got betrayed, so perhaps the game won't even attempt it again with another one of my current "good" faction allies.

I don't care for your style of humour.
    It got you to finally respond to this issue, didn't it?

EDIT: Another concern I have with the mod: the amount of family members for each faction controlled by the AI might be a tad bit too low. I am still perplexed how I was able to kill off Harad, Isengard and Enedwaith when they still had over six provinces. With Isengard it seems like all I had to do was kill Saruman (who was holed up in Edoras at the time). They shouldn't be allowed to bunch all their surviving family members into one place and they sure as hell should have more than just a few of them kicking around. They should be dispersed and governing provinces as much as they are out fighting in the field. This setup is completely unstable and makes it way too easy to destroy a faction. I get that in history sometimes top-heavy empires collapsed when a few key figures were killed, the Incas and I suppose the Aztecs being good examples, but it shouldn't be common enough in DAC.

^ Yeah the AI does not use Teutonic style family trees very well because of a bug so in the next version all factions that can justify it will have family trees, which should reduce the issues.

Maybe factions like Isengard or Dol Guldur which can’t really justify a family tree can have a faction heir that is transported off the map on turn 1 to reduce the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Another concern I have with the mod: the amount of family members for each faction controlled by the AI might be a tad bit too low. I am still perplexed how I was able to kill off Harad, Isengard and Enedwaith when they still had over six provinces. With Isengard it seems like all I had to do was kill Saruman (who was holed up in Edoras at the time). They shouldn't be allowed to bunch all their surviving family members into one place and they sure as hell should have more than just a few of them kicking around. They should be dispersed and governing provinces as much as they are out fighting in the field. This setup is completely unstable and makes it way too easy to destroy a faction. I get that in history sometimes top-heavy empires collapsed when a few key figures were killed, the Incas and I suppose the Aztecs being good examples, but it shouldn't be common enough in DAC.
    True, i destroyed some faction in a few turns of a campaign, bc all the family members were practically at the same place, also, i killed some of them patrolling alone. I noticed too, after conquering a city, the AI army leaving the settlement & only remaining one unit, sometimes being heroe, so, in your next turn, that's a piece of cake to take it, if you're close with artillery's units.

^ Yeah the AI does not use Teutonic style family trees very well because of a bug so in the next version all factions that can justify it will have family trees, which should reduce the issues.

Maybe factions like Isengard or Dol Guldur which can’t really justify a family tree can have a faction heir that is transported off the map on turn 1 to reduce the problem.
    Nice, were did you get that info?

I would love to see a family tree for the OoM

Though, in my experience, it never made a big difference wether factions had family trees or not... The AI is just bad at handling its generals correctly.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Sounds like a decent solution! One that should certainly be tried if only in a test run. I fail to see how it could harm anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    True, i destroyed some faction in a few turns of a campaign, bc all the family members were practically at the same place, also, i killed some of them patrolling alone. I noticed too, after conquering a city, the AI army leaving the settlement & only remaining one unit, sometimes being heroe, so, in your next turn, that's a piece of cake to take it, if you're close with artillery's units.
    Good points! I think the existence of forts on the campaign map causes the AI to make stupid decisions about garrisoning units. It's great that the major settlements get automatic garrisons to defend them against your armies, but you can't say this about the majority of settlements. The AI perhaps makes up for that at times by being unrelenting and sending a huge punitive force to try and retake whatever it is you took from them in previous turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Sounds like a decent solution! One that should certainly be tried if only in a test run. I fail to see how it could harm anything.

Good points! I think the existence of forts on the campaign map causes the AI to make stupid decisions about garrisoning units. It's great that the major settlements get automatic garrisons to defend them against your armies, but you can't say this about the majority of settlements. The AI perhaps makes up for that at times by being unrelenting and sending a huge punitive force to try and retake whatever it is you took from them in previous turns.
    You're probably right about the forts, bc the AI may consider them important as any other settlement too. Perhaps could be made a script to have in, at least a settlement, always a family member to make sure the heritage lineage.

Btw, i would love that Ered Luin had 1 more settlement from the start in the Blue Mountains, specially since in V4 will have Imladris-Lindon together. For example, Belegost it's supposed that managed to survive second & third age, at least that's what Christopher Tolkien showed in a map. I hope in the future there is a ruined Norgrod added with the chance to rebuild it, like Fornost & Tarbad will in V4.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnash View Post
    Btw, i would love that Ered Luin had 1 more settlement from the start in the Blue Mountains, specially since in V4 will have Imladris-Lindon together. For example, Belegost it's supposed that managed to survive second & third age, at least that's what Christopher Tolkien showed in a map. I hope in the future there is a ruined Norgrod added with the chance to rebuild it, like Fornost & Tarbad will in V4.
    It is being discussed. It probably won't be added in V4 though, as I don't have the time to work on another massive project.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Auerode View Post
    Nice, were did you get that info?

I would love to see a family tree for the OoM

Though, in my experience, it never made a big difference wether factions had family trees or not... The AI is just bad at handling its generals correctly.
    Arachir Galudirithon has a youtube channel with developer diaries that talk about the development of the mod, it was awhile ago. Might actually be only for human factions, I cannot confirm that the Moria Goblins will get it. It would make sense though.

AI does not use its generals well a lot of times, but that is a bigger problem for Teutonic factions because if their faction leader and heir die in the same battle they are automatically destroyed.

Here is another suggestion. If any particular unique bodyguards seem too powerful, the generals could be given a trait to reduce their replenishment. There is a factor BodyguardSize in the export_descr_character_trait file. BodyguardSize increases how much bodyguards a general regenerates, so giving a general a trait that gives -500 BodyguardSize will mean they only get the minimum, 10 men, regardless of unit type (The opposite should also be true). That general would have to get retrained the old fashioned way to get back to full strength. This might be preferable to full replenishment for certain generals, especially cavalry generals. I have not played these factions much but I know that Khamul and Legolas both have very strong bodyguards that arguably make the game too easy.

It does not have to be that drastic either, it could just be -5 or so meaning they get less replenishment but still some. It can also be made to go away on a certain year, for example when the barracks even happens. Either way, the trait should not be invisible so people understand why their general is not getting as many bodyguards.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; October 05, 2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkay View Post
    It is being discussed. It probably won't be added in V4 though, as I don't have the time to work on another massive project.
    Ok!! Thanks anyways for the reply. PS: Long life to the metal ^_^.

Arachir Galudirithon has a youtube channel with developer diaries that talk about the development of the mod, it was awhile ago. Might actually be only for human factions, I cannot confirm that the Moria Goblins will get it. It would make sense though.

AI does not use its generals well a lot of times, but that is a bigger problem for Teutonic factions because if their faction leader and heir die in the same battle they are automatically destroyed.

Here is another suggestion. If any particular unique bodyguards seem too powerful, the generals could be given a trait to reduce their replenishment. There is a factor BodyguardSize in the export_descr_character_trait file. BodyguardSize increases how much bodyguards a general regenerates, so giving a general a trait that gives -500 BodyguardSize will mean they only get the minimum, 10 men, regardless of unit type (The opposite should also be true). That general would have to get retrained the old fashioned way to get back to full strength. This might be preferable to full replenishment for certain generals, especially cavalry generals. I have not played these factions much but I know that Khamul and Legolas both have very strong bodyguards that arguably make the game too easy.

It does not have to be that drastic either, it could just be -5 or so meaning they get less replenishment but still some. It can also be made to go away on a certain year, for example when the barracks even happens. Either way, the trait should not be invisible so people understand why their general is not getting as many bodyguards.
    Yeah, I watch those DevDiaries regularily, but couldn't remember anything like this. Perhaps the info slipped my memory since it was a while ago. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

I know the differences between teutonic and regular factions. It's just that in my experience a normal faction is as likely to be regicided as a teutonic faction.

I think that Moria Goblins should have it too, bc one of the factions what i destroyed happening this kind of situation were they.

I tested it & suceeded doing this vs Dorwinion (playing with Rhn), Moria (with Khazad-dm), Gundabad (with Erebor) & Umbar (with Harad).

Id like to make a suggestion, just a small one https://i.imgur.com/jTdSELy.png

Quote Originally Posted by Multicolored View Post
    I've said the same thing for a long time now, the human player has to strike hard against Rhun/Mordor NO MATTER WHAT FACTION they pick, or the game takes the same course every time: giant rhun/mordor blob. This is why i've been asking for good/jihad invasions so the good A.I.s of Eriador can do something useful in the east instead of leaving it all on the shoulders of the human player.

Forget about playing a evil faction as evil, no challenge. Evil human player must betray mordor/rhun to have anything resembling a challenging game. This is why in any game I play, I take the ring and keep it. It takes all the evil factions declaring war on me to make a challenge.

Human Dorwinion can handle Rhun. use boats with siege equipment to snipe all their cities around the sea of rhun while their big stacks are out in the field.

Desperately needed: mechanic to recreate "the last alliance", Invasions sent from Northern Dunedain/High Elves against choice evil cities in the east. Give us JIHAD!

PBBBBBBBRRRRAISE JEEEEBUS WE HAVE A WTNESS!!!!
    I just want to play this mod and there's just a few things missing...A Jihad of any sort would be DELIGHT FUL PLZ>>>
    Perhaps Both DWarves and TOL ACHARN if Possible...I love a Dwarven Jihad just the same as an Idea.. Then stack mordor/etc any way you wish..They Could still use a frightful Buff or 2 just to maybe make it interesting to play the story on either side of the war...and then let there be TOTAL WAR!!! I want to play the campaign most but it's not entirely enjoyable atm. Also, I played version 2.1 as Dorwinion, It's the only faction I played where I was flat out Extinguished by Rhun...at about turn 100..If you go toe 2 toe with them... you cannot match them without assistance from dwarves and the like..Mission Impossible.

Decanus

The family trees really need to get spiced up to bring them to the same level as the other features in this mod. I think this could be done by using the vanilla games princess feature, don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting actually making the princesses appear on the map. Rather, use the ability of princesses to have unique portraits to add pictures to Eowyn, Arwen, and Galadriel. It also makes inter-marrying family trees possible, as Arwen can be married with Aragorn, Eowyn with Faramir, and Galdriel with Celeborn.

Other thing would be to make some of the forts into villages maps, to sprinke onto the maps as representing small villages laying around. Most of them would probably be in Bree, Gondor and Rohan. Would serve a fun purpose of representing village militas with the free upkeep.

Guys, I don't want to bother you too much; I am the initiator of the mod "Blood of Numenor". While I do want to finish it eventually, there is chance that it won't happen very soon. My question is, would you want any of the assets from the mod? Most of the work is displayed in the Images section of the mod on moddb.

Apart from units I also have a remastered version of the campaign map terrain textures and tree models (ie. this link) - which, at least in my opinion, is one of the downsides on DAC.

I know a lot of the work is clunky but there are some assets which I think have a lot of quality in them.

If you are interested in anything, please let me know here or on moddb.

Quote Originally Posted by theo500 View Post
    Guys, I don't want to bother you too much; I am the initiator of the mod "Blood of Numenor". While I do want to finish it eventually, there is chance that it won't happen very soon. My question is, would you want any of the assets from the mod? Most of the work is displayed in the Images section of the mod on moddb.

Apart from units I also have a remastered version of the campaign map terrain textures and tree models (ie. this link) - which, at least in my opinion, is one of the downsides on DAC.

I know a lot of the work is clunky but there are some assets which I think have a lot of quality in them.

If you are interested in anything, please let me know here or on moddb.
    Hi Theo,

Thank you for your offer! I'll send you a PM via ModDB or TWC after I've spoken with the other members of the DaC team about this.

Regards,

TheEliteDwarf

Could I make a suggestion? About Bree and how their settlements look, I was thinking that because we barely see Bree's iconic towns and castles, why not give the same settlement look, albeit slightly edited in colour maybe, to Dorwinion. I'd think it would suit very much with the 'Vineyard' look.