Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 156590105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2304

Thread: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Default Re: DaC - Official Suggestions Thread

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyddan92 View Post
    I have two ideas for Gundabad and Moria, I thought of this first when they were still 1 faction and perhaps it would make more sense it that was still the case but I think it's still good ideas.

The Orcs have always been hard to wipe out, they survived the fall of Morgoth and then several massive defeats that could very well have seen them viped out completely. Like Sauron's defeat in the second age against the Elves and men of Númenor, the war of the last alliance, the great war of Dwarves and Orcs and technically they even survived the war of the ring since they made it into the fourth age. My point is that they are a real pain in the ass to get rid of, whenever you think you have succeded they eventually return like fungus.

So to better reflect this I suggest to make Gundabad and Moria and maybe other orc factions into horde factions, so if they would loose their last settlement they would spawn several armies and just resettle somewhere else, this could evolve into a really lenghty, annoying and lore correct game of cat and mouse. This could maybe also be considered for lesser men such as the Dunlendings and men of the Anduin. There are precedents for this in the lore, during the war between the dwarves and Orcs large numbers of orcs fled the misty mountains and tried to set up shop in the white mountains, the Rohirrim had to fight for generations to fully clear the mountain valleys of them. And descendants of the northmen of Rhovanion eventually reemerged as the Eótheód and men of Dale.

Make it possible for defeated factions to return.
    In Medieval 1 defeated nations could return during certain circumstances and it would really fitting to have the same thing being possible for the Mountain orcs. If they are completely viped out make it a possibility that an army might spawn in the mountains and try to reclaim the caves for the orcs! It would make late game a bit more interesting. Same thing could be applied for Mordor, Harad, Dunland etc.

I'm not sure if this can be done but a submod for Stainless Steel did make something similar: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28-2016-update

Great idea, sounds fun

Алло! Меня кто нибудь слышит?!
    Это же отличная идея для дополнения сабмода DaC v.3, объединенный Мордор как это и было в TATW 3.2. Где Дол-Гулдур принадлежал фракции Мордор, и провинцию Карн Дум я выкупал у Орков Мглистых гор. И спокойно воевал на три фронта. Суть довольно проста, назгул захватывает Кольцо и после появления Саурона, мордорские фракции: Мрак ДолГулдура и Тени Ангмара- переходят под управление фракции Мордор. С сохранением своих линеек юнитов.
    Вопрос: кто готов взяться за такой проект? Ведь есть же дополнение: "Объединенное Королевство ", уверен со мной согласяться многие. И для темных фракий можно такое провернуть!
    Жду ответа...

I think some of the garrison scrips should be tweaked. Either the defenders that come with them should be toned down or reduced in number. I can appreciate what was done for the Vale of Anduin but the garrison in Famburg especially is out of control. Vale of Anduin has been reduced to just that city for a long time now and now exists as a bloody troop sponge for Gundabad. Stack after stack just dies trying to take it.

I have 2 previous suggestions, just a question before is this thread still in use and read by someone in dev team, not to be rude but i have suggested this for years and never get a snigle reply so it feels kinda dumb in all this time and really dont see logical reason for not be added.

I have suggested this for years now, but please add reforged model for mumakil its much less buggy and doesnt die twice as seen is in last Galu Khand episode, it is a real improvment. Really dont see the reason why not add it since its already made years ago and since 0.97 went out you could use Cowering Coma much improved and gorgeous new Harad infantry units.

A suggestion for Arkay, could you add permanent winter to the coasts alongside icebay of Forochel for obvius reasons haha,it will lokk much cooler, and one more suggestion could you add smoke over mt.doom, they did it in tatw last alliance mod.
    Hope you see this and thank you.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Vicarius

Keep it up guys, best wishes to all the DaC team!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    I have 2 previous suggestions, just a question before is this thread still in use and read by someone in dev team, not to be rude but i have suggested this for years and never get a snigle reply so it feels kinda dumb in all this time and really dont see logical reason for not be added.

I have suggested this for years now, but please add reforged model for mumakil its much less buggy and doesnt die twice as seen is in last Galu Khand episode, it is a real improvment. Really dont see the reason why not add it since its already made years ago and since 0.97 went out you could use Cowering Coma much improved and gorgeous new Harad infantry units.

A suggestion for Arkay, could you add permanent winter to the coasts alongside icebay of Forochel for obvius reasons haha,it will lokk much cooler, and one more suggestion could you add smoke over mt.doom, they did it in tatw last alliance mod.
    Hope you see this and thank you.
    Yes this forum and these threads are still browsed and read but I must admit we have moved most of our traffic and community interaction to Discord. It will mean delays in responses here on TWC but sadly, TWC is just not as user friendly.

The Mumakil from Reforged can be added. We will ask them. I believe Arkay may have replied about a permanent frost around Forochel and I think that may be added too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Keep it up guys, best wishes to all the DaC team!
    Thanks!

Buzra-Dum, the capital of Southern Ered Luin is also broken when the AI sallies out just like Imladris was.

Could you just add a gate to it so it works a bit better as a map?

I can't rememer if I suggested this before. But after releasing the next version of DAC, I would LOVE it if you would make a new campaign taking place in the 2nd age starting with the early years of Arnor and Gondor and the factions of that time and leading up to the last alliance maybe instead of the RING SCRIPT, have a similar event but following the events of Sauran and Celebrimbor making the rings of power and giving them to the residents of Middle Earth. I know you are limited on the amount of units and factions you can have, so perhaps make a completely different submod installation seperate from DAC v4 that we can download. Keep the map you have, edit out the needed changes (ie Minas Morgul turned into Minas Ithil, Osgiliath a fully established capital, and Isengard turned into Orthanc so that they are both named and they look the part prior to the changes that occured). I would absolutely love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Fether View Post
    I can't rememer if I suggested this before. But after releasing the next version of DAC, I would LOVE it if you would make a new campaign taking place in the 2nd age starting with the early years of Arnor and Gondor and the factions of that time and leading up to the last alliance maybe instead of the RING SCRIPT, have a similar event but following the events of Sauran and Celebrimbor making the rings of power and giving them to the residents of Middle Earth. I know you are limited on the amount of units and factions you can have, so perhaps make a completely different submod installation seperate from DAC v4 that we can download. Keep the map you have, edit out the needed changes (ie Minas Morgul turned into Minas Ithil, Osgiliath a fully established capital, and Isengard turned into Orthanc so that they are both named and they look the part prior to the changes that occured). I would absolutely love this!
    Dude, do you know how much work that would be ? That's like implementing a whole new DAC.
    Have you heard about the DCI: Last Alliance submod for Third Age? It takes place in the second age. They are developing it since 2012 I think, and it seems that it will be released soon. I suggest you head to their TWCenter page and check it out - it looks very promising!

Why am I the only one that ive seen beg for the follow:

WE NEED "GOOD" invasions (jihad mechanic)!!!!! Why are we not utilizing this game feature in DaC? There is a plethora of examples in the books of the good side launching invasions or sending armies/fleets to the other side of the map to help other goods. We desperately need this. It would help so much when you are playing a far off northern faction but want to help out gondor or dorwinion vs. mega blob mordor or rhun.

I have heard of it, but as you said it has been worked on since 2012 and hasn’t been released. You could keep all the same map and city layout. just adjust the small terrain changes to minas I think, Orthanc and a few city changes like Tharbad and osgiliath. They wouldn’t be starting from scratch. Most of the irc models would remain the same. The only changes I see would be removal of some factions (like Rohan and Free people), creating a few factions with new models (Arnor), new scripts, and creation of new generals.

to me, DAC doesn’t have a ton more to add. The only thing I can see changing is more sub-fictional factions like the white orc and ar-adunaim, which will only stray more and more from the LOTR lore . Especially with the recombination of the high elves, V5 seems like it will be a PERFECT place to fully release it and move on to a new project like a 2A or 4A version of DAC. I would MUCH rather see a release like this a years from now than only see continued minor modifications and tweaks to the current DAC recipe (which to me has reached its prime).

Additionally, I would LOVE to hear Galu interpretation on some of the gaps in revealed history. Particularly if it were a 4A mod they work on.

There are no plans to start a new mod project after DaC, no.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; September 02, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fether View Post
    I have heard of it, but as you said it has been worked on since 2012 and hasn’t been released. You could keep all the same map and city layout. just adjust the small terrain changes to minas I think, Orthanc and a few city changes like Tharbad and osgiliath. They wouldn’t be starting from scratch. Most of the irc models would remain the same. The only changes I see would be removal of some factions (like Rohan and Free people), creating a few factions with new models (Arnor), new scripts, and creation of new generals.

to me, DAC doesn’t have a ton more to add. The only thing I can see changing is more sub-fictional factions like the white orc and ar-adunaim, which will only stray more and more from the LOTR lore . Especially with the recombination of the high elves, V5 seems like it will be a PERFECT place to fully release it and move on to a new project like a 2A or 4A version of DAC. I would MUCH rather see a release like this a years from now than only see continued minor modifications and tweaks to the current DAC recipe (which to me has reached its prime).
    If someone wanted to do it they could just base it off of DaC when it is finished, I'm sure Galu, Hummingbird, etc. wouldn't mind as long as proper cred is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Multicolored View Post
    Why am I the only one that ive seen beg for the follow:

WE NEED "GOOD" invasions (jihad mechanic)!!!!! Why are we not utilizing this game feature in DaC? There is a plethora of examples in the books of the good side launching invasions or sending armies/fleets to the other side of the map to help other goods. We desperately need this. It would help so much when you are playing a far off northern faction but want to help out gondor or dorwinion vs. mega blob mordor or rhun.
    I think the main problem with this is the fact that the holy wars is tied to a certain culture, since culture is just renamed religions. That means that every culture in game would need to have their very own Jihads and that factions sharing the same culture could join it. f.ex. An Elven Jihad could only get elven members, a Jihad called by Gondor could only be joined by the Northern Dúnedain and Dol Amroth and etc.
    Last edited by Hyddan92; September 03, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyddan92 View Post
    I think the main problem with this is the fact that the holy wars is tied to a certain culture, since culture is just renamed religions. That means that every culture in game would need to have their very own Jihads and that factions sharing the same culture could join it. f.ex. An Elven Jihad could only get elven members, a Jihad called by Gondor could only be joined by the Northern Dúnedain and Dol Amroth and etc.
    Not sure that its a problem - I'm no script writer, but in DCI: Tol Acharn, while only Numenorian religion factions(Gondor and restored Arnor) could call Jihads, Northmen religion factions(FPoE, Dale and Rohan) could a)join them even if AI controlled, and b)even call Jihads themselves, but only if they were player controlled. Same can be seen in DCI: Last Alliance previews, as non-LA members like Dwarves and Rhovanion can join Elendil and Gil-Galad hosts, if player-controlled.

Even if they tied jihad to just Numenorian religion that would be somewhat lore compliant. Aragorn and some rangers helped Gondor, and in the years before Arnor sent invasions to Mordor and Gondor sent invasion to help Arnor with Angmarr.

Someone please do a sub mod at least for this...

Quote Originally Posted by CalamariGhost View Post
    Not sure that its a problem - I'm no script writer, but in DCI: Tol Acharn, while only Numenorian religion factions(Gondor and restored Arnor) could call Jihads, Northmen religion factions(FPoE, Dale and Rohan) could a)join them even if AI controlled, and b)even call Jihads themselves, but only if they were player controlled. Same can be seen in DCI: Last Alliance previews, as non-LA members like Dwarves and Rhovanion can join Elendil and Gil-Galad hosts, if player-controlled.
    Really? But I do think Galu had said in some video that it wasn't doable, when he introduced the new Men of the East culture for the evil men factions.
    But if it works great, then there wouldn't be any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Multicolored View Post
    Even if they tied jihad to just Numenorian religion that would be somewhat lore compliant. Aragorn and some rangers helped Gondor, and in the years before Arnor sent invasions to Mordor and Gondor sent invasion to help Arnor with Angmarr.

Someone please do a sub mod at least for this...
    True, Aragorn's help from the north though was something like 30 men so in itself it wasn't really that much of an help.
    But I definitely se your point, another faction it would make sense for would be the Dwarves, after all it was what they did in the war of the Dwarves and orcs. It would spice up the late game a bit to see the Dwarves of the Ered Luin march east to reclaim Erebor or the Iron Hills if Rhun would have been successful.
    Last edited by Hyddan92; September 08, 2019 at 08:19 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

I don't have a suggestion other than to say keep doing what you're doing with the music in this mod, perhaps the best music in any TATW mod that I've heard. I usually feel the need to tweak the music of various mods to fit my tastes, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I don't feel the need to do so at all! Saves me the time and effort.

I haven't yet conquered the lands of Harandor and the Men of the East to the far south, so I'm not sure if they have this gem on the battle map or not. If not you should definitely add it to the soundtrack. It is by far the best M2TW Middle Eastern battle map melee song: "Wind Cuts".

i don't know if this has been suggested or has been thought of by you guys but is there any possibility you can turn henneth annun into a Fort rather than a settlement, since its stuck at village which is ok early game but later becomes a problem. i just seems to a bit of a pointless settlements given its limits and isn't it just an outpost anyway for the rangers

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Since they can be upgraded to four armor points, can we get a cute little upgrade model with helmets and padded leather for the incredibly useful cheap "Farmhand Pikemen" unit? I know that they are a ragtag bunch of hastily assembled rural farm folk rushed into battle through desperation by their paymasters, but said paymasters in our real medieval world were sometimes able to throw them some equipment, especially helmets which were often as vital to basic defense as a shield. Perhaps a padded gambeson vest or some other thick torso covering could be added too, not full chainmail, though, since the Gondor Levy Spearmen don't get that until their final upgrade and they have seven armor points.