Page 7 of 501 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    I was waiting for Pike to come in here and reminisce about the 80s.
    I aim to please.... The first video shown on MTV. You know back when MTV played music videos. In 1981 - 12 Years Old.

I hope I didn't disappoint

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Get outta here grandpa. The internet belongs to young'uns like me.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Known for the 90's trance/house track Children, Italian musician Robert Miles is dead at age 47. He succumbed to a "mystery illness".

I first heard this song, of all places, on eBay, where someone had uploaded it on to one of their sales for, I think, a Lego set, which I'm pretty sure I convinced my parents to buy. This would have been in the early-mid 2000's.

FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Oh I heard this on the radio about an hour ago. Thought it was fate stay night OST.

Ugh, 17km run this afternoon which is definitely my longest run by distance. I am so hungry and tired.

Depressed about the political outlook in Britain right now. May and the Tories have no plan, and have put nothing remotely good on the table, and yet it's all but certain that she's going to win in a landslide. Jeremy Corbyn, a guy who had been a backbencher for his whole career and suddenly got invested with leadership of the opposition at a time when the Labour party was in serious disrepute, faces an impossible challenge. Since day 1 of his tenure, his own party has been constantly undermining him and sometimes openly in revolt and seeking to oust him, and almost the entirety of the media has been stacked up against him.

Of course, given his relative inexperience, he has also made a few gaffes, and the few MP's he can count on are also not particularly experienced themselves, and yet it shouldn't even be a choice. Labour has laid out clear, fair policies that have been shown to be resoundingly popular with the public, and yet those same people who agree with all of his policies will vote against him next month. All the tories have to do is just repeat slogans and fling feces at the opposition, and the media never challenges them directly, simply serving as their mouthpiece.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Finally got my contract for work, not to spend all of it every week on drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    Depressed about the political outlook in Britain right now. May and the Tories have no plan, and have put nothing remotely good on the table, and yet it's all but certain that she's going to win in a landslide. Jeremy Corbyn, a guy who had been a backbencher for his whole career and suddenly got invested with leadership of the opposition at a time when the Labour party was in serious disrepute, faces an impossible challenge. Since day 1 of his tenure, his own party has been constantly undermining him and sometimes openly in revolt and seeking to oust him, and almost the entirety of the media has been stacked up against him.

Of course, given his relative inexperience, he has also made a few gaffes, and the few MP's he can count on are also not particularly experienced themselves, and yet it shouldn't even be a choice. Labour has laid out clear, fair policies that have been shown to be resoundingly popular with the public, and yet those same people who agree with all of his policies will vote against him next month. All the tories have to do is just repeat slogans and fling feces at the opposition, and the media never challenges them directly, simply serving as their mouthpiece.
    Well, maybe if Corbyn didn't drive around running over people's feet, he'd be in with a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post

Are you a Brit?

--------

OMG, My wife is watching a Chinese show where Chinese actors are touring London. Apparently, they rented a house somewhere in London. In one of the bedrooms, there is a painting of the bull with two very distinctive features (if you know what I mean). I do not know if I want to wake up to that every day.

Spoiler for Continuously bringing you the 80's
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

The funny thing is that this election in Britain is happening right at the start of the real Brexit.
    As for Jeremy Corbyn my opinion of him is not particularly high because he comes off like a Gary Johnson style moron. But the Labour Party's policies don't seem to reflect Corbyn's views in many ways. It actually appears like Corbyn is forced to suppress certain opinions so that his own party keeps supporting him.
    But let's just face it, people's parties never succeed because it is too chaotic and they don't have the funds. All the ones that did either sold out or turned into dictatorships. In Canada we have the NDP which managed to become the opposition party in 2011. The problem is that their powerful leader, Jack Layton, died and it went downhill from there. Although they won a provincial election in Alberta their control of that province has been disastrous. During the elections in 2015 people were saying that it was NDP's time to rule, nope not even close, Tom Mulcair who leads the party not only lost but is now back in third place. Ever since about 2013 NDP has been expanding and "selling out" as it were so perhaps there is still some hope when Trudeau possibly gets booted out of the Prime Minister's chair in 2019.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Well, maybe if Corbyn didn't drive around running over people's feet, he'd be in with a better chance.
    Because it was him driving the car himself, because it was clearly very deliberate, and because something like that clearly has anything to do with a man's credentials to be prime minister, and should totally be plastered all over the front-page news
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Are you a Brit?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    The funny thing is that this election in Britain is happening right at the start of the real Brexit.
    As for Jeremy Corbyn my opinion of him is not particularly high because he comes off like a Gary Johnson style moron.
    Call him a moron all you want, it would still be a serious stretch to call his main opponent the greater mind.
    But the Labour Party's policies don't seem to reflect Corbyn's views in many ways. It actually appears like Corbyn is forced to suppress certain opinions so that his own party keeps supporting him.
    Most of them really do actually, it's just a few unpopular ones that he has learned not to swim against the current on, like Trident and Brexit.

I'm actually bolloxed t bh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Finally got my contract for work, not to spend all of it every week on drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I'm actually bolloxed t bh.
    What took you so long?

Inkie IU blame the governemt. Bastards.

I must admit, the oppression of rabbits by the government has reached a dire level these days.
    Last edited by Inkie; May 13, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

It's a disgrace that's what it is. I should start a petiton. everyone knows they're the way to get stuff done.

Vađarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

I'm really tired of school now. Last exam on Wednesday now, and if I pass all I'll have a bachelor degree. Gods know what's next then. Looking forward to summer.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] ţví ađ međ lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi međ ólögum eyđa.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Congratulations Vatter. Will you be going all the way with a doctorate?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

You haven't told us enough about your uni adventures in Iceland, Vatty.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

ˇCommunity College represent!
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR